Canon 5D MKIII official owners/users thread, anything related to the 5D MKIII

There was some bloke in there asking what they'd give him for a 5D3 body!
They said they'd need an hour to check it through. So I've no idea what they'll offer him.
But why in earth would anyone take it there?? :(

Stolen maybe, or just too lazy to sell it privately?

Yeah. Well looking on their site,they'll give you a grand total of £1215 for it. As long as it's completely boxed and in A1 condition. Bargain eh :)

.....and sell it for a hell of a lot more.
Ive always hated CEX, although i have used them a few times. Their used prices are, or were, very close to new in the past.

.....and sell it for a hell of a lot more.
Ive always hated CEX, although i have used them a few times. Their used prices are, or were, very close to new in the past.

Yep £2095. Business is business though I suppose.
I traded some old playstation games just before Xmas and they were competitively priced in comparison to the main game shops. Which surprised me!

Never know. They may even have a cheap 135L going in your local branch Dave? And you know how much you want one :D

I really cant tell much from this shot. Do you have something with more defined edges in it?
Was this was taken on a tripod? (1/32 is quite slow, although shouldn't be a problem). The focus point is on the cliffs in the background, which are low contrast so they will look a bit soft.

How are you comparing your shots with your friends? on the Camera or on a PC?
It really needs to be like for like, same settings etc.

it was on a tripod

Comparing the shots with the images that he produces when seeing online

i now shoot my iso 200-400 instead of 50iso to get faster shutter

going to try this tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcVEvIKSusA

a few of london - Un edited!!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103944763/3A4A6561.cr2
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103944763/3A4A6594.cr2
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103944763/3A4A6596.cr2

Last edited:
I'm stuck on whether to get the 85L or the Sigma 1.4 version...
Wallet says Sigma but conscience says the other :)

if you buy the Siggy you will always be looking over your shoulder at the 85 "L"

i've been there :crying:

life is short! .. get the "beast" (85 L)

but then dont listen to me .. i did'nt buy the L ..and now i'm just a face at the window :crying:

No problems so far (fingers crossed), as you can always disable ML and use Canon's own firmware by switching it on and off. ML's software is only adding extra functions to Canon's own firmware and it will not rewrite. Bear in mind that ML only supports up to Canon firmware ver 1.1.3 so you will have to downgrade (should you have 1.2.1.) if you wish to use it.

No problems so far (fingers crossed), as you can always disable ML and use Canon's own firmware by switching it on and off. ML's software is only adding extra functions to Canon's own firmware and it will not rewrite. Bear in mind that ML only supports up to Canon firmware ver 1.1.3 so you will have to downgrade (should you have 1.2.1.) if you wish to use it.

Stat extra features does ML have?

if you buy the Siggy you will always be looking over your shoulder at the 85 "L"

i've been there :crying:

life is short! .. get the "beast" (85 L)

but then dont listen to me .. i did'nt buy the L ..and now i'm just a face at the window :crying:

Yeah that's pretty much my outlook too Rolex.
I can always sell it on (hopefully) and get the Sigma if need be.

All the opinions I've read saying how similar they are.
I've read just as many who have never looked back since upgrading to a copy from the Sigma.

So these Magic Lantern things. Are they just removable add-ons or do they completely overwrite the camera's firmware?

Hi,

I tried the 7D one and it just sits on the Card if I remember right.

Mike.

As I understand it, you have a copy installed on whichever memory card you use, and the camera boots up to this firmware.

The Canon firmware is not overwritten, so if you put a new card in, the camera will revert to that. You can also I believe switch between both firmwares on switching on.

Theres a forum on the ML website with lots of information

Hello

Is it possible to ask any of 5d mk3 owners to post some raw files with low light conditions with 12.8K 25.6K 51.2K iso.

Regards
Dema

Hi, sorry I've not been on for a while as packing to move overseas.

I'm just curious about lenses. I've come in to a little money so thought I would treat myself! I was looking at the 16-35 a few days ago as Wex have a 10% off plus the cash back offer. But was wondering what you guys recommended. I'm looking more wide angle as I already have the 70-200F2.8 and 100 F2.8 Macro. I also have the 24-105 but am in two minds about that one!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi, sorry I've not been on for a while as packing to move overseas.

I'm just curious about lenses. I've come in to a little money so thought I would treat myself! I was looking at the 16-35 a few days ago as Wex have a 10% off plus the cash back offer. But was wondering what you guys recommended. I'm looking more wide angle as I already have the 70-200F2.8 and 100 F2.8 Macro. I also have the 24-105 but am in two minds about that one!

Any thoughts appreciated.

If you don't need 2.8 and can live with the loss of 1mm, then the 17-40L + Samyang 14mm will give you more options for around the same cost as the 16-35.

Thanks. But the manual only on the Samyang is a no go.

I use an 8mm samyang on my 60D, which will gives a similar FOV and DOF as the 14 mm on FF and to be honest it's point and shoot! set it to F8 and focus at about 2 feet and everything from 6 inches to infinity will be in focus.

It defishes in PS really easily.

I'm thinking of getting the 14 mm samyang for my 5D.

Darren

Ive ordered my 5d3 + 24-105 from hdew, free 4gb cf card & 3 years warranty :) will be here this week so excited. Massive savings made from hdew cameras too :)

Kerry

Ive ordered my 5d3 + 24-105 from hdew, free 4gb cf card & 3 years warranty :) will be here this week so excited. Massive savings made from hdew cameras too :)

Kerry

just looking to upgrade from a Classic looks a good price please les us know what the shops like :)

It can be a bit "flattering" if you're not careful! :D

Yep I have been caught with that, I have been out chimping shots on full zoom and they look spot on, convinced I have 'the shot' I want, only to find out when on my PC that it is still not quite there :(

There again I think it was the same with my 7d and 40d .... Maybe I just need new contacts/glasses :thinking:

Back