weekly Crazylady's 2015 52 challenge Crowd and Close Up added

Definitely well within the theme for me.
I first thought of how crumbly and delicate the very end of a match is, and then how it's just about to snuff it into nothing.
Very deep and a well composed photograph in my eyes!
Wow, thanks very much Alex!

Hah! Another great submission. It's funny how there are so many everyday things around me that can relate to a topic if I think about it. But then that's where my problems lie. Well though out!
Sometimes you can overthink these things, often the simplest idea works best for me Ian!

Hi, some great detail, textures and colours in the match head. I'd like a little more flame and feel you could have cropped in a little closer.

That said, an interesting interrelation of the theme.

Cheers.

I love the picture of the burning match. You have caught the redness in the match-head just perfectly along with the dying flame; really good effort.

Very well taken loads of detail and a nice interpretation too :)

Hi, some great detail, textures and colours in the match head. I'd like a little more flame and feel you could have cropped in a little closer.

That said, an interesting interrelation of the theme.

Cheers.
Hi Andy
The idea was more geared towards how fragile life or things can be, hence why the minimal flame. Did consider a crop a bit closer but this seemed to take the head off the top third intersect area for me, so i decided to leave it be. Thanks for the suggestion though, i may give it another look

Hi Hazel, love the bliss shot, excellent composition, even then ceiling lines (if that's what they are?) fit in well, B&W works nicely too.
Fragile, nice clean background and nice detail on the match.

Hi Paul
Yes the lines were the ceiling, did have a bit of trouble as it was lighter than the rest of the image so darkened it down.

Thanks for commenting
Hazel
:)

Scenic

9904-1422381714-425b1503ecaa54455b06ddac8e852820.jpg

9904-1422381714-425b1503ecaa54455b06ddac8e852820.jpg

Finally this is my image for scenic. This is taken of a view I see on my way to work, sometimes when the light is right then it is lovely to see and gives me a smile as I drive briefly past.
I know the sky is burnt out, unfortunately the sum disappeared just after I took this photo and wouldn't reappear any time soon after. I need to improve my editing skills and will revisit this image to try to add a gradient to help the sky and burn out. Shame I couldn't have got it in camera, but unless I was late for work then time and the sun were not on my side!

Last edited:
Indeed its a shame about the sky, but that's nature for you, never plays ball does it? :D
Nice light on the field though :)

I'm not sure if the fence is creating an illusion or not, but (ignoring the fence) the horizon looks a little "Right hand down" to me?

(BTW your linky was no worky either.
but power vested in me and all that stuff, it is now :) )

Thanks for fixing the linky Cobra, greatly appreciated!

Now you say it, the sky does look wonky, would like to say its the fence but I am not so sure that is to blame!

;)

Thanks Darren
As soon as I saw the sun side lighting I knew I had to stop the car!

Companions

9960-1422916973-165475237587dac9d08b73217fd009d7.jpg

I treated myself to a couple of the new series of lego mini figures and got the snake charmer and snake in one packet and the carpenter in the other, quite happy with both of those, sure I will be able to use them.
As soon as I saw the snake charmer I thought of companions and here we are!

Last edited:
LOL I love it (y)

(BTW Link sorted as it goes directly to the image and not the thread ;) )

Thanks Cobra, I have a bit of a struggle with the links!

Last edited:
Thanks Mandy, I do like to have some humour in my photography where I can!

Thanks Steven, I did various shots at different apertures, but chose this one as I thought it worked best

Companions

9960-1422916973-165475237587dac9d08b73217fd009d7.jpg

I treated myself to a couple of the new series of lego mini figures and got the snake charmer and snake in one packet and the carpenter in the other, quite happy with both of those, sure I will be able to use them.
As soon as I saw the snake charmer I thought of companions and here we are!
I am glad I am not the only one who buys herself a few bits of lego. Strangely enough I did a couple of lego shots for companions. Didn't use them in the end as when I looked on screen I wasn't keen for varying reasons so used my back up shot. Love the DOF even though I hate snakes. Mono is great as it keeps you more focused on the snake.

Hi Hazel

Scenic ... love the light and/or frost on the fence ... plus there's interesting stuff in the BG -the lone tree- The sky is blown: so what?

Companions ... would like to see them both in focus ... and the maybe some other stuff OOF.

Back