Digitall's 52!!! Week 27 Art

Thank you all for your nice comments, as said before landscape is not my thing.
So here is a go at Brionys theme for this week. Close.
I suppose I had better tell you all how I have achieved this result before I have lots of people asking :LOL:
Ingredients... 1x3" speaker, 1 latex balloon 12", 1drop red colored milk, 1 drop blue colored milk. Timing device, 4 flash heads, 1 vibration sensor, 1x17" Macbook Pro.
Recipe... Mix red and blue food coloring with milk, put one drop of each onto the latex balloon which is stretched over the speaker. Set timing device to required interval about 15 - 20 milliseconds, Produce sound with Macbook (default sound). Vibration sensor picks up vibration of balloon send signal to flash to fire. Camera is set to Bulb in a dark room.
Milk jumps up and is caught on film so to speak. Distance between drop is no more than 5mm so I reckon that is close :LOL:

4583719110_285af92660_o.jpg

Incredible shot. These water droplet shots always amaze me.

I can't really offer any critique as the shot is just excellent... Maybe the blue balloon(?) is a bit distracting as a "floor" and merges too much with the blue milk, but that's minor.

Nice stuff!

Ian.

Oh... btw... What is a Vibration sensor?

Bloody brilliant! Loved reading all the geeky stuff about set-up too.

Again! Close And Indulgence...
These two young racers were competing in a round of the British Championship Mini Motor series. This weekend held at Llandow airfield South Wales.
So, Close as in could not get a fag paper between them, and my indulgence which is motor sport photography.
Njoy

4592574091_517b18db65_o.jpg

wow, the milk drop shot is amazing.. the set up sounds far too complicated for me but what a result :D

super shot of the bikes too.. great interpretation of both themes..

I love the milk drop shots (y)

Brilliantly sharp and wonderful colours.

Is your timing device home made or commercial ? Is it also used as a sound trigger or similar? I would love to make something like this and am quite handy with a soldering iron but at the moment I can't find a guide that I can understand on the internet.

Andy

Your talent is nothing if not diverse! :) I absolutely love the milk shot....I am always in awe when these shots are pulled off.... (y)

Brilliant bike shot too, incredible how these guys keep the bikes upright sometimes I love the fact you can see the front riders expression so clearly!

Hi Allan,

Nice action shot, but there's a bit too much concrete in the foreground for me that doesn't add to the shot. That's purely a subjective opinion though as I know next to nothing about motorsport photography.

Ian.

Liking the action motorbike shot Allan, especially as the first rider has a see-through visor and you can see the riders eyes and facial expression

Nice colours and the crop with plenty of room int he foreground works well.

Milk shot is absolutely superb !!!!
I know you've done a few of this sort of thing, but every one gets better than the one before. I really can't say anything else except :notworthy:

Motorsport is really not my thing, so again I'm totally underqualified to offer much in the way of critique.
For me, the sharpness and detail are extremely impressive - especially the fact that you can see that look of concentration on his face. It's also framed perfectly, which can't have been easy at that speed.

I think the downside of freezing the action so well is that the front wheel looks stationary . . . a bit of motion blur there would have added something for me . . . but then again you would have had to sacrifice the sharpness in his face . . .
. . . :thinking: can't you tell I know nothing about sports photography?
Please forgive the contradictions in my rambling :LOL:

Close, is incredible... :clap::clap: what more can you say.. ;)

Close Indulgence is very good, sharp yet with a hint of motion blur on the bike wheel, and a very well caught look on his face, which can't have been easy with the speed and the visor down.

It's not doing anything for me, Allan. Looks soft and the wb looks too cold. Sorry mate.

Good idea for this weeks theme but as above the WB looks off.
Could possibly work in B&W to fit with the style of the shop

It has potential - try it in B&W as suggested, perhaps with a hint of sepia. You could even go to town and artificially age/stress it.

For me the one with the back wheels in the air screams "STOP!" far more than the smoking tyres which is more 'STOPPED'

Rightly or wrongly I am seeing it as the driver jamming the brakes on so hard that the back of the car lifts up.

Well done on getting the car with it's back wheels so far off the ground, must have needed good reactions to see that happening.

I think the first one would be amazing if you photoshopped in a large rock in front of the car making it look like he'd been stopped by it!

Phil

I think the mono version of Ingredients works rather well - it concentrates the eye on the patterns formed by the shelves and boxes. The sllight sepia tone is just what I had in mind.

STOP - for me it's the second one that says stop - it is quite clear what is happening. I hope you are at a safe distance!

deffo the first one for me can you stop any quicker without doing a wheelie its brilliant

First one fro me too, Allan. Screams STOP at me!

1st for me too. It's a shame about the fella stood in your frame, but I suppose it's tough to say "s'cuse me mate. Mind getting out of the way while I wait for a car to come round the corner too fast?"

It's a great action capture, and bang on theme.

Good stuff!

Ian.

Ingredients, the colour doens't really work, but the sepia tint is much much better.

Stop... love the first one... it sure looks like he's stopped in a real hurry... Both good action shots though.

I think the first image says "stop" much clearer than the second. However, because of the other tog in shot I prefer the second one aesthetically. I might be tempted to trim a bit of the foreground off to get the car more off centre though.

Andy

For this week I have put up a shot of a Kart racing in the Welsh Championship Last Sunday.
The slow shutter has isolated the Kart and driver from the background.
What I learned this week was.. Wear a hat in the blistering conditions cause the back of the neck and forehead gets too burnt.

4641599442_c58e4954c1_o.jpg

I know next to nothing about motorsport but it looks like a good pan to me :) Perhaps a shade too much foreground, but that's so minor I don't know why I wrote it.

Ian.

Back