weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

Hi...Joy #2 for me...the guy's face just oozes emotions, one of which is Joy.

Cheers.
Hi Andy - Thanks for that :)

Get you for being up to date :LOL:
I knowwwwwssss - good init :D

I like #2. The guy is definitely enjoying himself and certainly portrays joy.
Thanks Peter :)

Hi DK

Joy - #2 is best I think, better composition and i think that the look on his face is certainly on theme. Good feel of movement with the reeds, the water splash, his hair and his number.
Hi Alan - Many Thanks :)

I can't decide which one both portray the subject better so you should choose

Moody, excellent, a decent from ok into dark and gloomy,the crep rays under the sun help add to the overall moodiness.

Joy, excellent, he does indeed look pleased to have got to the end... I didn't see #1, and I'm guessing this is a cropped version for #2... #3 is good, but doesn't fit quite so well to my mind as #2

I can't decide which one both portray the subject better so you should choose
Thanks Allan :)

I'm going with the flow and choosing no:2 (y)

That Moody shot's a cracker. I like your Joy pictures too. Well caught.
Cheers Robert :)

Moody, excellent, a decent from ok into dark and gloomy,the crep rays under the sun help add to the overall moodiness.
Hi John.. Thanks :)

Joy, excellent, he does indeed look pleased to have got to the end... I didn't see #1, and I'm guessing this is a cropped version for #2... #3 is good, but doesn't fit quite so well to my mind as #2
I think I follow you :LOL:

Thanks a lot (y)

as I said on flickr no.2 is brilliant, I love it :clap:

Hi DK I swear I've commented on these before:suspicious: Or maybe I thought about it:bonk:

Moody, I really like the detail in the sky, definitely adds to the mood! I did look at your other shots on Flickr, I think I preferred one of those but can't remember now :nuts:

Joy, number two for me. Like others have said the expression on his face and the number on his ticket really bring it all together.

Looks like great fun, even if you do have to shackle them to the board to get them to do it :D - Agree with above the expression does it all.

I missed your Joy shot, how bad of me.

I like the joy shots, people are great at expressing joy and you've captured it really well.

#2 I think, prefer the angle of the guy and the pose.

So you getting the crown back???

It has to be joy 2 I reckon, just for the joy on that blokes face. Great capture!

Hi DK I swear I've commented on these before:suspicious: Or maybe I thought about it:bonk:

Moody, I really like the detail in the sky, definitely adds to the mood! I did look at your other shots on Flickr, I think I preferred one of those but can't remember now :nuts:

Joy, number two for me. Like others have said the expression on his face and the number on his ticket really bring it all together.
Cheers Marsha :)

Looks like great fun, even if you do have to shackle them to the board to get them to do it :D - Agree with above the expression does it all.
:LOL: Thanks Gramps

I missed your Joy shot, how bad of me.

I like the joy shots, people are great at expressing joy and you've captured it really well.

#2 I think, prefer the angle of the guy and the pose.
Thanks Alex :)
So you getting the crown back???
Looks like it :D

Not being one to rub it in but :woot:
Its your turn for the lastminutedotcomcrown :LOL:

Wear it well my friend but look after it as it could so easily come back in my direction :LOL:

Right... not the shot I was after, I spent a couple of hours yesterday chasing ants around... my god they are fast :D

171 shots deleted of blurry ants so here is a reserve shot -

Thought I would take a close up of a daisy and sitting there was this fly, it was so small I did not see it until I focused - so here is my shot

Wk26 'Small'

Wk26 Small by TP DK..., on Flickr

Cracking shot DK, the composition is spot on with the background nicely blurred. Just enough of the daisy to add scale to the fly(y) The detail in the fly is great with the light catching on the delicate wings:clap:
Thanks Marsha

Not the shot I was after but ok for a late substitute :)

Still a good shot though Dean. Shows the theme well and dof is very good too.
Cheers Michael :)

Hi, there. Small, wow that is small :clap: Liking the detail in the wings.

Cheers.
Hey Andy - thanks mate :)

Hi DK

Small - very nice detail and colour in the wings and good capture of the delicate legs. On theme
Hi Alan - thanks too :)

Good one. As Alan has said it's great how you've captured the rainbow of colours in the wings.
Evening peter - annnnnnd thank you :)

Bang on theme (y) Dean you've captured great detail in the wings. How is the polishing going? ;)

I like straight always liked a good wind farm, nice sunset, exposure and nice composition

Small looks like some kind of wasp excellent :clap:

Excellent shot for small... I'm no expert, but I think it's an Ichneuman Wasp (that's probably not spelt right either :D)... good detail, and as has been said, just enough daisy..

Straight, works great, lovely tones, and spot on for the theme, with more than one straight.

nice silhoettes and sunset.
Perhaps consider taking a slower shutter exposure so you capture more of the movement. The dark patch of cloud on the right catches my eye - perhaps clone this out ;)

I like that DK. Lovely sunset draws your eye then the suns rays lead you to the start of the turbines(y)
Thanks Marsha :)

I wasn't too sure, I had a little niggle that the sun would keep taking your eye away from the 'line' but guess I have got away with it :D

Nice one Dean. You've captured some nice light there and captured the theme as well. I like the sun rays and the blur on some of the blades.
Cheers Peter :)

I tried for more blur to be honest, but it was getting late I wanted my tea so couldn't be arsed to get the tripod out the boot - so all handheld :cautious:

I like straight always liked a good wind farm, nice sunset, exposure and nice composition
Thanks Allan :)

Small looks like some kind of wasp excellent :clap:
Ah Haaaaa... Thanks :)

Lots of straights there: blades, horizon, towers, sun rays, to name a few.

Nice colour in the sunset.

Motion blur in the near blades would be the icing on the cake.

Cheers.

Excellent shot for small... I'm no expert, but I think it's an Ichneuman Wasp (that's probably not spelt right either :D)... good detail, and as has been said, just enough daisy..
Cheers John... and for identity too (y)

Straight, works great, lovely tones, and spot on for the theme, with more than one straight.
Thanks again :)

Great image, fits the theme and nice sunset!
Cheers Bob

nice silhoettes and sunset.
Perhaps consider taking a slower shutter exposure so you capture more of the movement. The dark patch of cloud on the right catches my eye - perhaps clone this out ;)
Hi Dade... I sure will do a longer exposure, I drive past them, and they are less than a mile from my house, so will be keeping an eye on descent skys from now on :)

As for the dark patch... well spotted, it does once you see it :D

Cloned out with spot tool/ replaced with light cloud :)

wk28 - 'Straight' Edit 1 by TP DK..., on Flickr

Great image DK, you did well to catch such a lovely sunset this week, dood compositio and exposure as well!!:):)
Hi Sarah, Many Thanks... Have you been on the wine by any chance :LOL:

That's a cracking picture of those turbines.
Cheers Robert :)

Last edited:
Lots of straights there: blades, horizon, towers, sun rays, to name a few.

Nice colour in the sunset.

Motion blur in the near blades would be the icing on the cake.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy... you sure aint wrong, I will defiantly get it that way one day :)

Liking that. The sun really adds something to it and nice composition.
Cheers Michael :)

yep stright is a lovely shot :clap:

Back