weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

Hi DK

Loving the colors in your UP image...great silhouette, as someone said...War of the Worlds comes to mind :clap:

Duo.....double or even Quad Duo , black n white keys with 2 players...nicely done & laughed at your description of how you did it :LOL:

Time....great image....simple colors, looks pin sharp & wonderfully black blacks...love it :clap::clap:

I dread to think... 1,000 miles a week... OW!!!... 3 fills a week ??

So... four people, a duo playing a duet on a duo of colours :D... very clever, and I like it a lot. The warmer spot in the middle isn't overly distracting to be honest.

Dark Knight said:
it was awkward as I was standing with one leg on the window sill, one leg on the dining table, arms out stretched with the children kneeling on the floor arms stretched and heads back to restrict shadows and body parts in the image
... No pic.. it didn't happen :rules: :LOL:

Cracking duo shot Dean, like the panarmic style. Only thing is the keys, I would like to see them even, but its minor really.
So would I mate... so would I :LOL:

Cheers Michael :)

Wot , no set up shot?? :)
:geek:

Hi DK

Loving the colors in your UP image...great silhouette, as someone said...War of the Worlds comes to mind :clap:
Thanks Lynne :)

Duo.....double or even Quad Duo , black n white keys with 2 players...nicely done & laughed at your description of how you did it :LOL:
Thanks... I think :thinking:

:D

Time....great image....simple colors, looks pin sharp & wonderfully black blacks...love it :clap::clap:
Thanks again... it's surprising sometimes how well the simple shots go down so well :)

Last edited:
I dread to think... 1,000 miles a week... OW!!!... 3 fills a week ??
Only 2 thankfully (good old Diesel :))

So... four people, a duo playing a duet on a duo of colours :D... very clever, and I like it a lot. The warmer spot in the middle isn't overly distracting to be honest.
Cheers John (y)

... No pic.. it didn't happen :rules: :LOL:
Bugger :bonk: :LOL:

DK some corking shots and a great challenge ""Sweet Dreams is my Favourite"" will watch with interest now I have found your thread.

ATB
Vince
Thanks Vince :)

'ello, Duo, great idea and well executed. II'd love to be able to play an instrument.

Uneven lighting has been mentioned.

Good show
Cheers Andy, i'd love to be able too to :)

Right... here we go, better late than never, after changing my mind on the light trail 'traffic flow' I have been thinking all week of something different, I must admit it has been a tough one this week, what I decided on in the end is similar to the idea for Root waaaaaay back in February, I couldn't think of anything individual to do, so I had several objects in mind but wanted to shoot them in the daylight, hense a Saturday late shoot...

I give you Wk38 the 'Flow' of water in and around my bathroom

Wk38 - 'Flow'
by TP DK..., on Flickr

<EDIT> adding this as it seems not to be as clear as I had planned....
Tap is............F shaped
Rad pipe is.....L shaped
Wirlpool Jet is.O shaped
and hose is....W shaped

Last edited:
Hi DK,

Up alternative - I don't think the sky is overdone. I really like it and prefer this version to the original!

Flow - I've really struggled with ideas for this one myself. I think yours is good and I like how you've shot the different components... Did you do a mono conversion or are they actually colour shots of a monochrome bathroom? The whites look a little grey to me and I think the right hand image of the shower head could do with being brighter.

Nice work Dk !!
Cheers Vince :)

Hi DK,

Up alternative - I don't think the sky is overdone. I really like it and prefer this version to the original!
Thanks Nathalie, glad you said that, I prefer it too but really wasn't sure if it was too much

Flow - I've really struggled with ideas for this one myself. I think yours is good and I like how you've shot the different components... Did you do a mono conversion or are they actually colour shots of a monochrome bathroom? The whites look a little grey to me and I think the right hand image of the shower head could do with being brighter.
It is a mono conversion, High contrast pre-set and then boosted the whites a bit more...

I think you have a point though, but I think it is mainly due to the effect of the collage / to and from PS10 - LR & Flickr... well that's my excuse :D

Original idea for FLOW, like it. It has a catalogue look about it, nice crisp images highlighting various features.
Thanks Bob :)

Really like flow excellent idea nice and simple but really works well :clap: :clap:

Hi Dean, flow, a good idea to get more than idea into the pic, b+w was a good choice for this one.
Up, I like this version, looks a lot better and the sky looks fine.
Thanks Michael - I prefer it too :)

Really like flow excellent idea nice and simple but really works well :clap: :clap:
Cheers Allan :)

Hi DK

Flow- great idea. Like the concept, the mono treatment, the pov of the various items, altho the shower shot looks a bit darker than the rest.

Minor crit would be that the theme would be better illustrated if the items were ordered in the sequence that the water flowed; from pipe to tap to plughole ?

Hi DK,

I definitely prefer the edited version of up(y)

Flow, I really like the concept, but have a few issues! Is the third shot a plug hole? It might be that my mind is playing tricks but it looks more like it's up the side like an over flow rather than a plug? The shower head looks like a snake in the bath, I think I'd prefer a close up of the shower head or a wide shot with it up on the wall:thinking:
Like I said I do really like the concept and sequence and mono treatment (y)

Loving your flow Dean. All the subjects go together well. Also the shower hose shot makes it look like one of those serpent shaped wind instruments.
Hi Peter... Thanks :)

Hi DK

Flow- great idea. Like the concept, the mono treatment, the pov of the various items, altho the shower shot looks a bit darker than the rest.

Minor crit would be that the theme would be better illustrated if the items were ordered in the sequence that the water flowed; from pipe to tap to plughole ?
Hi Alan :)

I see what your saying for sure, but the letters then would say LFO... I did actually try and find shapes that also wentr in sequence but I decided to keep them all chrome :)

Hi DK,

I definitely prefer the edited version of up(y)[\quote]Thanks Marsha... Me Too :)

Flow, I really like the concept, but have a few issues! Is the third shot a plug hole? It might be that my mind is playing tricks but it looks more like it's up the side like an over flow rather than a plug? The shower head looks like a snake in the bath, I think I'd prefer a close up of the shower head or a wide shot with it up on the wall:thinking:
Like I said I do really like the concept and sequence and mono treatment (y)
Ah Haaaa catching you all out :D

Tap is............F shaped
Rad pipe is.....L shaped
Wirlpool Jet is.O shaped
and hose is....W shaped

The plughole was boring for the shot, flat pop-up so it don't dig in your arse !!!!

The hose was a mare... daughter squeezing it into shape, me the rapid shooting before it sprang out of 'W' shape :geek:

Last edited:
Well what a dummy I am. :bonk::bonk::D

I did not see that

I genuinely thought that the shots were trying to portray the flow of water from source to disposal.

Mind you I could be excused as I am not posh enough to know what a whirlpool jet is. !!

Well done DK for having 2 brilliant ideas in one (y) :thinking:

:LOL: I SOOOOO didn't see that :LOL: and I'll throw it out there that I'm not the only one who missed it :cautious:

I see it in a different light now :clap:

Well what a dummy I am. :bonk::bonk::D

I did not see that

I genuinely thought that the shots were trying to portray the flow of water from source to disposal.

Mind you I could be excused as I am not posh enough to know what a whirlpool jet is. !!

Well done DK for having 2 brilliant ideas in one (y) :thinking:

I didn't see the flow name either. Great idea, really like that.

Oppps - guess I should have explained :LOL:

Hi Dean :wave:
How's the old lastminutedotcom crown? Must be needing a polish ;)

Admission time, I didn't see the word flow until you pointed it out, and now I can't miss it :LOL:
Very creative thinking there Dean (y)
Not a lot else to say, doubly bang on on theme great work (y) Iain

Hi Dean

really liking your set of images for Flow...not quite sure how I missed them :thinking: neat thinking with the shapes being letters (I read the words before seeing the images )...all the images look really sharp & well focused , mono suits...but the tap shot stands out most of all...really liking that...definately brochure material :clap:

Hi Dean :wave:
How's the old lastminutedotcom crown? Must be needing a polish ;)
You aint kidding :LOL:

Admission time, I didn't see the word flow until you pointed it out, and now I can't miss it :LOL:
Very creative thinking there Dean (y)
Not a lot else to say, doubly bang on on theme great work (y) Iain
Nice one, cheers Iain :)

Hi Dean

really liking your set of images for Flow...not quite sure how I missed them :thinking: neat thinking with the shapes being letters (I read the words before seeing the images )...all the images look really sharp & well focused , mono suits...but the tap shot stands out most of all...really liking that...definately brochure material :clap:
Many Thanks Lynne :)

FLOW... very clever, and fits the theme in more ways than one ;)... good work

Friendship... that certainly seems to be the way of things... and it fits the theme. Perhaps not quite so tight on the RHS...although I'm guessing, that perhaps there's rather too much clutter ??

Great take on the friendship theme. Having two teenage boys in the house I know how much the computer is part of their social interaction with others - say me who spends many hours of the evening glued to my laptop.

FLOW... very clever, and fits the theme in more ways than one ;)... good work
Cheers mate :)

Friendship... that certainly seems to be the way of things... and it fits the theme. Perhaps not quite so tight on the RHS...although I'm guessing, that perhaps there's rather too much clutter ??
In my boys room... clutter, that's an understatement :LOL:

Great take on the friendship theme. Having two teenage boys in the house I know how much the computer is part of their social interaction with others - say me who spends many hours of the evening glued to my laptop.
Just what I was thinking Peter... cheers for the comment :)

cool idea for friendship Dean, like how you have the small pic with the face in view as well. Looks like it was tricky lighting and it has turned out well.
Thanks Michael... yep light was a bit awkward, so was trying to get an angle I was happy with BUT not getting myself in view the cam :bonk:

Back