weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

I could tell it was a shell but the colours around the outside are a real bonus bringing a bit more interest to the pattern

Thanks Peter :)

Was tough trying to get an interesting shot from it, but must say enjoyed playing with my lights yet again, used my reflector to even it out too :)

Oh no, your Rolex is going to put my watch to shame :arghh: lol. That's a great shot though, I like the lighting and interesting compo! (y)

Swirl has a nice pattern and some lovely colours, on theme - well done mate.

Oh no, your Rolex is going to put my watch to shame :arghh: lol. That's a great shot though, I like the lighting and interesting compo! (y)
lol Simon... cheers Simon :)

Swirl has a nice pattern and some lovely colours, on theme - well done mate.
ThAnks again :)

Hi DK, has anyone mentioned how ugly that is :ROFLMAO:

you have nailed the focus and the colours, lighting are good
looks ok to me (y)

Hi DK, has anyone mentioned how ugly that is :ROFLMAO:
Maybe one or two :LOL:

you have nailed the focus and the colours, lighting are good
looks ok to me (y)
Cheers Allan :)

Swirl... I like the reveal much better than the original a really pretty shell nice and sharp too (y)
Thanks Judi :)

I like the shape of the shell, but thought it looked too much of a 'snapshot' so was trying for a close in and odd angle :)

That's an incredibly glam rock shell.
Isn't it just... it matches my glittery shorts ;)

I actually really like the close crop as it makes a nice abstract where you can't really tell what it is.
Thanks Tony :)

Not your average shell by any means. Nice work.
Cheers David :)

Hi Dean

love the colors in that Shell & perfect for the theme....(y)the close up works well for me ( I am a bit partial to macro style) but I also like the reveal shot.......must get me some more shells

Hi Dean

love the colors in that Shell & perfect for the theme....(y)the close up works well for me ( I am a bit partial to macro style) but I also like the reveal shot.......must get me some more shells
Thanks Lynne :)

I'm actually quite surprised how many shells we do have in our house and shell like candles I think they must still be breeding

Yes , but he is a Scot - at least you spend yours:D
lol :LOL:

You ain't wrong there mate... you can't take it with you when you pop your clogs, or might get run over by a bus tomorrow :nailbiting:
Swirl
Strange looking object, even knowing what it is. Focus good but wonder whether it would be better with the tip on one of the thirds?
Thanks Mate... and Hmmmmmm I wonder :thinking:

Yes , but he is a Scot - at least you spend yours:D
:punch::D
Anyway, enough of this stereotyping :D onto critique.
As has been said above Dean, the colours really make it pop, and add more interest.
DOF is spot on here, showing all the detail in the shell, technically very good, so all round (y)

:punch::D
Anyway, enough of this stereotyping :D onto critique.
Awwweee spoilsport :D

As has been said above Dean, the colours really make it pop, and add more interest.
DOF is spot on here, showing all the detail in the shell, technically very good, so all round (y)
Nice one, thanks Iain :)

Moving on... after my failed re-shoot of beginning I had another idea today...

So here, several different images for:

Wk 11 - Re-Shoot 'Bubble'

My idea was to take long exposures of the bubbles created in my pond by the air stones, Having taken rather a few, all handheld at different exposure lengths my thoughts again haven't really worked how I wanted them.

The long exposures although I really like them, seem to have got rid of any bubbles, so they do not really fitting the theme as they should, so my re-shoot image for me is the first one here as the bubbles still show :) (Other images for your thoughts please :))

Wk 11 Re-Shoot 'Bubbles' 1
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 11 Re-Shoot 'Bubbles' 2
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 11 Re-Shoot 'Bubbles' 5
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 11 Re-Shoot 'Bubbles' 4
by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi dean the first one has the most bubbled so I suppose that has to be the one :) but I actually like #3 best love the colours the hint of green and yellow just a little bit of flare top left good idea (y)(y)

Was a tough one to decide for me too... as for me the better ones don't go with the theme - DOH :bang:

Saw it in the photo thread. I like it. :D
Hahaaaaa :D

Best I put it here too...

My idea for Linked was the links on the chainsaw chain, I tried several different angles, several depth's of field, there are 3 I like for different reasons...

No: 3 - I really like the angle, but feel I needed a deeper DoF.... Maybe

No: 2 - I like the constant detail in the chain due to the side on view, but also I dislike it due to it being side on, boring angle

No: 1 - For me was the best compromise of the shots, although it would have been nice to have the other end in, the light had faded so was a problem...

Any way, here are my 3 :)

Wk 12 - 'Linked' 1
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 12 - 'Linked' 2
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 12 - 'Linked' 3
by TP DK, on Flickr

I prefer #3 if I'm honest mate. I like the dappled lighting.
Thanks David :)

Yeah the sun was coming through some trees at the time, a nice pleasing light... the next images were taken later and had direct but low light on them :)

Linked - fits the theme but for me number one is to tight in the frame. The second I like fits nice in the frame the composition is good and I like the blurred background. I am not sure what I think about the third image.
Thanks Mandy :)

I think you're right yeah, the top rh is a tad tight... I'll add a bit more room :)

3rd image for me DK, as mentioned by David (minnnt) the lighting looks good, also prefer the composition, like the fact you can see more of the chainsaw, good dof (y)

I might have been tempted to clone out that broken twig on the left though ( or cut it off with the chainsaw :D)

A wise man said something similar to me recently, it takes the mind of a genius to pick a chain for this theme :whistle: :pompous: :D

Hi DK....bubbles are difficult to capture aren't they, number one is the most bubbly, but as an image number two is the best to me....it still looks like water but has that lovely softness about it. The last one looks like a satellite image of a meteor landing in the ocean ( I do have a vivid imagination :))

The saws...hard to decide....but it has to be number three for me...it looks more natural and not so staged, I like the focus and I'm loving the bark on that tree, I'm sure it would make a great stand alone image.

I like the first image of the reshoot for bubbles DK, some nice sharp bubbles and a nice pattern in the water. I also like the wider crop version of the first linked image, it shows some nice detail in the chain and I like seeing it in a 'working environment', complete with the product logo. could well be used as a good product shot.

3rd image for me DK, as mentioned by David (minnnt) the lighting looks good, also prefer the composition, like the fact you can see more of the chainsaw, good dof (y)
Cheers Phil, Yeah I certainly like the dappled light rather than the full on, maybe I should have done something to soften it :thinking:

I might have been tempted to clone out that broken twig on the left though ( or cut it off with the chainsaw :D)
Blimey... didn't even notice that :D

A wise man said something similar to me recently, it takes the mind of a genius to pick a chain for this theme :whistle: :pompous: :D
Hahaaaaaa :LOL:

Hi DK....bubbles are difficult to capture aren't they, number one is the most bubbly, but as an image number two is the best to me....it still looks like water but has that lovely softness about it. The last one looks like a satellite image of a meteor landing in the ocean ( I do have a vivid imagination :))
Thanks Susie... I think you have summed it up the same as me :)

The saws...hard to decide....but it has to be number three for me...it looks more natural and not so staged, I like the focus and I'm loving the bark on that tree, I'm sure it would make a great stand alone image.
Thanks Again :)

That third shot is getting more votes than I expected... but that always seems to be the case :)

Hi DK,

I prefer the wider angle shot :) I can imagine seeing this in a brochure for the product itself.

Well done mate (y)
Thanks a lot Simon :)

Linked... Like #1 and the wider crop is even better(y)(y)

That was my fav and still is, but number 3 certainly seems to be coming up the ranks :)

I like the first image of the reshoot for bubbles DK, some nice sharp bubbles and a nice pattern in the water.
Cheers Adam :)

I also like the wider crop version of the first linked image, it shows some nice detail in the chain and I like seeing it in a 'working environment', complete with the product logo. could well be used as a good product shot.
Damn... thanks again :)

Back