weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

Yep, super detail, light, drops, hairs, black BG.

Just the leaf going against it for me

Steps - Looks like someone has been to the States. The buildings remind me of the backdrop to many a movie. #2 works the best for me due to the thin crop you've given it

Action - Definitely the States. Lucky you. I'm not keen on the fencing right in front of the lens but you've certainly caught the action including the ball. Nicely done.

Mono - Now you're showing off. I'm loving the vista of #3 with the converging perspective of the buildings leading towards the back.

Twisted - #1 works the stronger here. Good use of putting the line into the corner The colour of the rust is nice.

Fresh - #1 is a super shot. Look at the hairs on that bee. Exposure is spot on as well. Nice one.

Shape - I like this. The giraffe has just a touch of light on it to give it some depth which is good. Just a couple of areas of white that needs attention though which I see you've fixed in the edit.

Number – Definitely shoe horned. I like the dreamy look in #1 and also the fact she looks more lost in the buttercups than #2.

Reshoot - #3 gets my vote. Absolutely nothing wrong with the others but for me (maybe because I'm a dog owner) #3 wins hands down. Cracking capture. Spot sharp as well. Super expression in the dog's face

Texture – Green hairy and wet LOL. I think I'd have liked a more interesting background though.

Hi. Texture, lovely vibrant green and nice clean BG ( addendum below). The water drops are and added bonus.

I'd have been tempted to bend the upper right leaf out of the way to separate the plant from the BG :naughty:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy :)

Ahhhhhh I see what you mean, to be honest I didn't really notice it until you have now said - FFffffffff :thinking:

Nowt wrong with that! Good detail in the hairy bits and shiny water droplets and nice contrast between the bright green whatever-it-is (cucumber or courgette maybe?) and the black background. Fits the theme well and a pretty good effort for a quickie as far as I'm concerned :clap:

Thanks Elaine :)

It is in fact a Poppy Head thingy... fury little buggers they are !!!

As you say not quite enough dof (if you're being picky)

Nice greens, good detail in the hairs and droplets (y)

Cheers mark :)

Thinking I needed to be further away and crop more again, but then feel I'd loose even more detail - what do do hey :thinking:

Now then Mr DK......I'm blooming knackered :D

Texture....love the lighting & the detail you've captured all nicely set off against a fab black bg :clap: NOt sure about those top leaves.....don't mind the one that's bending backwards ,it's the one behind that which is niggling me.....possible clone out ?

Hi DK, nice flower bud? is it a poppy? I think the DoF is fine there is plenty of detail and the green is spot on (y)
Thanks Allan :)

Yes it was a Poppy, brownie point to you young man :LOL:

Hi DK ...lots of lovely texture there especially around the end where the spiky bits are...the water drops really adds that extra sparkle. I would be interested to know what it is.
Thanks Susie :)

I was wonering how many people would get it... as per above, it is indeed a Poppy :)

Nice shot DK... but why the crop at the top... may have been better with that little leaf included fully...
Cheers Colin :)

The crop was really to give as much detail as poss, with a wider crop I felt it didn't have the same impact due to the leaf being OOF and not really relevant - Did I get away with that :D

Now then Mr DK......I'm blooming knackered :D

Texture....love the lighting & the detail you've captured all nicely set off against a fab black bg :clap: NOt sure about those top leaves.....don't mind the one that's bending backwards ,it's the one behind that which is niggling me.....possible clone out ?
I Know what you mean !!! the late nights, well past night, early hours of the morning clambering around mountains does take it out of you, but oddly can't sleep, thought I'd do more comments until my brain stops :bang:

Thanks for visiting and the comments ;)

okay... if I ever catch up I'm certainly going to take on board the comments about the leaf, and clone the so and so out (y)

Yep, super detail, light, drops, hairs, black BG.

Just the leaf going against it for me
Thanks Graham :)

Seems everybody see that leaf bar me :D

Hi Dean,
Lovely textures in your poppy bud, nice bright green too:)
Hey Judi - glad somebody else identified my green thingy as a poppy bud :D

excellent colour green, really stands out BG is clean and the water droplets really add interest
Cheers Craig... the background took a LOT of cleaning up to put it mildly, so glad it has passed many a critical eye, will be trying to get much better blacks in the future pre-edit :)

Steps - Looks like someone has been to the States. The buildings remind me of the backdrop to many a movie. #2 works the best for me due to the thin crop you've given it
cheers Peter, yep had a great week out there :)

Action - Definitely the States. Lucky you. I'm not keen on the fencing right in front of the lens but you've certainly caught the action including the ball. Nicely done.
Thanks again, I'd love to have been allowed in the area but time was limited, so no time to chat/persuade anybody, still loved it though :)

Mono - Now you're showing off. I'm loving the vista of #3 with the converging perspective of the buildings leading towards the back.
Cheers Mate - had to make the most of my shots :D

Twisted - #1 works the stronger here. Good use of putting the line into the corner The colour of the rust is nice.
Thank You, not to all's tastes these ones :)

[QUOTE = Delta Skys]Fresh - #1 is a super shot. Look at the hairs on that bee. Exposure is spot on as well. Nice one.[/QUOTE]I do like hairy bees, real nice insects to watch !!!

Shape - I like this. The giraffe has just a touch of light on it to give it some depth which is good. Just a couple of areas of white that needs attention though which I see you've fixed in the edit.

Number – Definitely shoe horned. I like the dreamy look in #1 and also the fact she looks more lost in the buttercups than #2.
Shoehorn - just a little :D

Reshoot - #3 gets my vote. Absolutely nothing wrong with the others but for me (maybe because I'm a dog owner) #3 wins hands down. Cracking capture. Spot sharp as well. Super expression in the dog's face
It did show his character that's for sure !!!

Texture – Green hairy and wet LOL. I think I'd have liked a more interesting background though.
hahaaaaa well sumed up description... background, wasn't so sure, what would you suggest mate ??

Thanks in general for the MEGA catch up Peter, so appreciated when I know your time is short (y)

Cheers Craig... the background took a LOT of cleaning up to put it mildly, so glad it has passed many a critical eye, will be trying to get much better blacks in the future pre-edit :)

cheers Peter, yep had a great week out there :)

Thanks again, I'd love to have been allowed in the area but time was limited, so no time to chat/persuade anybody, still loved it though :)

Cheers Mate - had to make the most of my shots :D

Thank You, not to all's tastes these ones :)

In edit - Have you tried cutting the back ground in ps and then alt delete? That's how I got the black back round on mine (by mistake) but it worked lol

In edit - Have you tried cutting the back ground in ps and then alt delete? That's how I got the black back round on mine (by mistake) but it worked lol
Nooooooooo it isn't that easy is it ???

I zoomed right in and decreased exposure with brush thing - took flipping ages :bang:

Right... a bit out of sync here, I hopefully have my 3 weeks behind shots in the bag, just need to sort through the masses of photo's taken when in Wales last week...

In the mean time, I just took a quick one for this weeks theme, depending on how this is taken it may just be a placeholder until I get something else.

Week 25 - 'Vertical'

<EDIT> Oh Crap... DOH !!!!

My idea looks ok, but a major set-up error I didn't even think about, will have to set up and re-shoot tomorrow...

I wanted the camera with the 'level' showing the camera dead on the Vertical (And horizontal)... just about to post the shot up when I realise I should have had the camera set on the tripod on the Vertical (Portrait) too :bang:

So here is my 'VOID' effort, will re-shoot tomorrow when the sun is out again <touch-wood>

VOID re-shooting tomorrow :( by TP DK, on Flickr

Vertical... Brilliant! Love it. Could not be bettered for me.

The vibrancy is very "punchy" on my monitor, but doesn't quite stretch into the oversaturated, especially since it's OOF background. Lovely bokeh and lighting is perfect!
Blimey - Cheers Paul :)

Comparing the 2 above, I can see I did push the the colours a bit :D but the sun was in a much better position, more pleasing dappled light coming through the leaves :)

Blimey - Cheers Paul :)

Comparing the 2 above, I can see I did push the the colours a bit :D but the sun was in a much better position, more pleasing dappled light coming through the leaves :)

The light in the second is fantastic - you could almost submit a crop of the camera back for "Texture" ;) I don't mind a bit of pop on the colour side at all - and it works in your photo.

Wow, nice one for getting Jesus to pose for you :)

I would never have thought of this idea. The edit is much better. Can't have been easy getting the right perspective but I think you've done a good job. Some nice bokeh on the LHS.

Crit, well, I might like to have the model more isolated, ie away from the tre.

Good show - feet up ;)

Cheers.

second is far better, light on the model, and also on the camera, esp the screen, the line stands out much more there.

composition in this is streets ahead too, having the camera larger works so much better. First shoot was good, just the second is loads better#

Wow, nice one for getting Jesus to pose for you :)
Ahhh-haaaa didn't notice that, a great spot :LOL:

I would never have thought of this idea. The edit is much better. Can't have been easy getting the right perspective but I think you've done a good job. Some nice bokeh on the LHS.
Cheers Andy, I did move up, down, left/Right, In/Out... you get the idea :D

Crit, well, I might like to have the model more isolated, ie away from the tre.
Good point mate, it does blend in a bit doesn't it - Doh !!!

Good show - feet up ;)

Cheers.
Yeah right lol... well in fact, now going to return the comment then eat a my chicken wrap before I do a 3 hr catch up, well that's my plan anyway :)

Oh Crap... there goes the cooker buzzer !!!

Hi DK, thats not really fare is it getting the son of God to pose for you and then blurring him out :naughty:
I agree with the comment about him blending in with the tree but overall a good idea
much better light on the camera in the second pic a lot more punch to it (y)

second is far better, light on the model, and also on the camera, esp the screen, the line stands out much more there.

composition in this is streets ahead too, having the camera larger works so much better. First shoot was good, just the second is loads better#
Thanks Graham :)

I too much prefer it, I noted the parts of the previous one I didn't like, and moved the camera around to a better spot, at a different angle Etc :)

Hi DK, thats not really fare is it getting the son of God to pose for you and then blurring him out :naughty:
I agree with the comment about him blending in with the tree but overall a good idea
much better light on the camera in the second pic a lot more punch to it (y)
Cheers Allan :)

The thing is it stands out quite nicely when the light isn't so bright... can't have it all I guess, should have moved it...

Well moving on to my 'Catch Up' images, to help me catch up I decided to get all the shots at the recent Wales trip, so a tiny shoehorn here or there was in order :D

My first shot was for strength/strong... for this shot we travelled to a castle only to find it closed at 5:00pm :thinking: there was some lovely images we had seen of this place, and it being closed was not going to stop us getting a shot or two...

I'm generally happy with these, just what I was after, I really liked the old/New mix of conmstruction, the light isn't perfect but other than that it was great to get some shots without people in the blinking way...

What have I learnt from this one, if you want an image without people in it, get there early or late and jump over the fence :whistle:

The sheer size of this steelwork and it's colossal strength make them my images for Week 21 - Strong (Have I got away with that ??)

Two to choose from, and as always, best viewed LARGE on flickr :)

Wk 21 - Strong/Strength by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 21 - Strong/Strength 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi DK I love the clarity of this one, the focus is spot on, and what a great idea for the theme. I must admit I was slightly mystified by the rather ghostly figure in the distance, but a really super idea, well done to you for thinking of that one.
Thanks Susie :)

The idea came to me and I had to get outside while the weather was good to grab it, despite being behind on my other shots and editing :)

number 1 for me DK, I think the central comp works and the supports defiantly make it on theme. The sun helps balance the right hand side and exposure on it is handled very well, the only niggle for me is the flare. I'd possibly clone the last part of the flare out closest to the bridge and leave the rest as it does add to the image.

number 1 for me DK, I think the central comp works and the supports defiantly make it on theme. The sun helps balance the right hand side and exposure on it is handled very well, the only niggle for me is the flare. I'd possibly clone the last part of the flare out closest to the bridge and leave the rest as it does add to the image.
Cheers Adam :)

I know flare isn't to everybody's taste, I like to bring it into a shot at times, deliberately clipping the sun into the shot... do you mean the splodge on the actual tower bit ??

I do like it most of the time, when done tastefully as yours is. I prefer to use it to balance a certain area of the pic instead of coming all the way across the frame that's why I mentioned the last bit (ye the bit on the bridge) and possibly the next bit where the sky changes colour. Although this is purely personal taste and somebody will completely disagree with me! :)

Back