weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

OK, so we have Big........ish :)

Of the set I like #3, lovely reflection and a beautiful bird. Looks a tad under exposed and I suspect a higher vantage point to get rid of the BG and isolate the swan wasn't an option.

Well, you are uptodate for the minute :)

Cheers.

Big splash., really? :LOL: sharpness issues aside, a nice shot that works well, the splashes adding a nice path through the shot and the droplets are beautifully frozen in mid air.

Exactly wot you said for the second,

Nowt wrong with the swan for me, you can't expect back lit white feathers to retain detail as well as keep the white of the feathers in the shaded part. You've done perfectky well here.

(Do you check the CA box in the lens correction tab in LR?, theres a bit in the splashes on the first, and the back edge of the swan. It wortkjs well as a one click fix, if you've already done it then I wouldn't bother trying to do more, but if you haven't.......) (y)

OK, so we have Big........ish :)
Well can't blame one for stretching the boundaries:D

Of the set I like #3, lovely reflection and a beautiful bird. Looks a tad under exposed and I suspect a higher vantage point to get rid of the BG and isolate the swan wasn't an option.
Cheers mate... and not much chance on the boat to get higher apart from the roof, didn't fancy that :)

Well, you are uptodate for the minute :)

Cheers.
Well nearly, hope to get fully up to date in the next two weeks, ready for the run down to year end !!!

Big splash., really? :LOL:
Ermmmmm it's a big splash for the little bird :D

sharpness issues aside, a nice shot that works well, the splashes adding a nice path through the shot and the droplets are beautifully frozen in mid air.
Thanks Graham :)

Exactly wot you said for the second,
Cool :)

Nowt wrong with the swan for me, you can't expect back lit white feathers to retain detail as well as keep the white of the feathers in the shaded part. You've done perfectky well here.
Cheers, i see what you mean, very true - Thanks :)

(Do you check the CA box in the lens correction tab in LR?, theres a bit in the splashes on the first, and the back edge of the swan. It wortkjs well as a one click fix, if you've already done it then I wouldn't bother trying to do more, but if you haven't.......) (y)
Ahhhhhh no cant say I have ever tried that, I'll have a look and ive it a go each time - BIG thanks :clap:

Now then mister.......OMG....did you really go to NY before the last meet ???? I just saw you mention iit in a post a few above mine & jumped in with the comment.........:coat:

Big.......#1.....faster shutter speed would have nailed that one...try somewhere nearer 1/1400 & work down from there....

#2 I really like...viewed big on Flickr it still looks fairly sharp & it's a beautiful bird...just can't recall it's name :( I think I prefer this one of the 3 posted

The Swan shot I do like.....almost dreamy , you've done really well with the whites matey :clap:

Dark - I prefer number 2 for the sharper contrast and definition, but both are good images.

Big - 3 great shots! The swan's beautiful, but I prefer the second shot of the grebe. As you say, a big wake for such a small bird - well caught.(y)

Sparkle - a straight forward image does what it says on the tin.

Fall - I love the first image for fall, nice colours and composition good work.

Dark - works for the theme I like the second image being a bit closer to the clock face.

Big - the last Image of the swan is stunning good compositionally and nice natural colours, nothing looks over played with.

Now then mister.......OMG....did you really go to NY before the last meet ???? I just saw you mention iit in a post a few above mine & jumped in with the comment.........:coat:
Well... yes I did, don't worry I wont keep reminding you :D

Big.......#1.....faster shutter speed would have nailed that one...try somewhere nearer 1/1400 & work down from there....
Cool... Thanks Lynne, I'll try that next time hopefully :)

#2 I really like...viewed big on Flickr it still looks fairly sharp & it's a beautiful bird...just can't recall it's name :( I think I prefer this one of the 3 posted
Thanks Lynne... I have no idea either what it is, it's a birdie :D

The Swan shot I do like.....almost dreamy , you've done really well with the whites matey :clap:
Cheers Lynne... A tough one to get right for me it was :)

Dark - I prefer number 2 for the sharper contrast and definition, but both are good images.
Thank you Elaine :)

Big - 3 great shots! The swan's beautiful, but I prefer the second shot of the grebe. As you say, a big wake for such a small bird - well caught.(y)
Ahhhh HA !!! A Grebe, that's it :)

Sparkle - a straight forward image does what it says on the tin.
Yup... just what I wanted, Thanks Mandy :)

Fall - I love the first image for fall, nice colours and composition good work.
Thanks again Mandy :)

Dark - works for the theme I like the second image being a bit closer to the clock face.
Rather popular that one, thanks :)

Big - the last Image of the swan is stunning good compositionally and nice natural colours, nothing looks over played with.
Thank you very much Mandy :)

Right... please don't be too shocked, but here is this weeks image :D

Ok, so I didn't go far as I am busy working on my house, but I set aside some time to get my shot done, and hoping this is the way going forward for the next 5 or six months...

For this all I wanted to do was have a shot taken from a height, looking down on a branch being cut from way down below... I got roughly what I was after but there are a couple of things I'd like a bit better, After my initial attempt I edited on my PC and wasn't happy with the result, so had to go back out with my large steps and Mrs DK to try again.

I improved the couple of things I wasn't happy with (Angle of blades, shadows and the stance of Mrs DK didn't look natural) but at the same time had another two things i'd like a bit better - 1) I Would like the blades to stand out a bit more, but the colour of them do not help... 2) I'd like the pole of the long reach lopper to be a steeper diagonal, but hey ho...

I Had lost the dappled light by the time I was tempted to go out for a third shoot so here is the best I could get... so just the one image this week

Wk 40 - 'Cut'

Wk 40 - Cut by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi DK, I like cut love the angle and perfect DoF I hear what you are saying about the blades ETC but i do feel you are being slightly overcritical of yourself
I would be happy with that (y)

Dark - I feel #1 works better for me. The exposure looks just a tad better. I like how the name is almost showing. I wonder if the hands were at the standard 10 to 2 then this would have shown the full word better.

Big - #2 out of these for me. the sharp of the bird and the red beak I feel makes it stronger

Cut - Clever idea for this. It has just the right amount of DoF. I could see this as an advert for the pruner.

Super lighting with great colour contrast between the leaves and berries. I don't think there's too much wrong with the angle and from the look of concentration on Mrs DK's face, I reckon you'd be asking a lot of her to hold those heavy-looking loppers up for much longer :eek:

Top shot for cut, you can have your critique but I have none.

Daring (in more way than one) POV, love the connvergence of the fence posts behind to really emphasis the height and looking downneess of it. DOF is spot on and the light on the leaves brings out the green nicely.

You even have a lead in from the corner and mrs DK on a third. :D

Hi DK, I like cut love the angle and perfect DoF I hear what you are saying about the blades ETC but i do feel you are being slightly overcritical of yourself
I would be happy with that (y)
Thanks Allan :) well I guess we all do that it's so much harder seeing how others will perceive your images :)

Hi DK ....a great angle for this one ...I really like it .... I imagined you leaning out of a window to take it....but you were balancing on steps :eek: super colours with the red berries and the sunlight on the leaves....excellent for the theme.
Hahaaa Thanks Susie... yeah I was on the top of the steps, my feet were Higher than Mrs DK's head, so a bit wobbly :cow:

Dark - I feel #1 works better for me. The exposure looks just a tad better. I like how the name is almost showing. I wonder if the hands were at the standard 10 to 2 then this would have shown the full word better.
Cheers Peter :) I accept that challenge, I would like to get that image, I'll try what you suggest if not maybe I can do a few shots and blend them, even though I have no idea how... sounds like a perfect winters evening plan when Mrs DK goes out (y)

Big - #2 out of these for me. the sharp of the bird and the red beak I feel makes it stronger

Cut - Clever idea for this. It has just the right amount of DoF. I could see this as an advert for the pruner.
Oooo Cheers mate :)

Super lighting with great colour contrast between the leaves and berries. I don't think there's too much wrong with the angle and from the look of concentration on Mrs DK's face, I reckon you'd be asking a lot of her to hold those heavy-looking loppers up for much longer :eek:
Ha Haaaaa funny you should say that... I had her <cough> at all different angles head in all directions, twisting, feet apart and together, she did have to lower her arms a couple of times as they were aching - Bless :)

Thanks for the nice feedback :)

Top shot for cut, you can have your critique but I have none.
Cool, coming from you that's great thanks a lot Graham :)

Daring (in more way than one) POV, love the connvergence of the fence posts behind to really emphasis the height and looking downneess of it. DOF is spot on and the light on the leaves brings out the green nicely.

You even have a lead in from the corner and mrs DK on a third. :D
Put like that it sounds too good to be true :D

Thank You :)

Hiya DK,

Fall- 'tilt shift' is another technique I'm not familiar with but it looks good (y) has to be the first image for me though (y)........its just short of a fishing rod in the bottom left and line cast out to the far, bottom corner of the weir :p

Big- Like the cormorant (from an angler that's not a statement you'll here often :D) taking off from the water, good low pov, good detail in the water slashers and the right amount of dof (y)

Cut- great idea, love the pov, perfect dof and composition work well(y)...........is it me or do a few of the green leaves on the branch look a little blown? :thinking:

Hi DK

Sparkle - works for me - good colours in the water and the sparkly bits give the impression of small streams of water dropping down.

Fall - #1 - really good comp with lots of elements in the Right places. (y) Waterfall is perfectly positioned and has a nice calming feel. Bit green overall on my monitor tho.
#2 - doesn't do anything for me as a shot for thr theme, sorry

Dark - both good shots and an original thought. Prefer the hint of the brand name showing thro in #1 and the white spots, whereas #2 is sharper overall. Those kind of lights are a b....er to get right.

Big - not sure that Big comes across without your descriptions, but I do like the shot of the grebe. Serene , good reflection and crop suits. The swan is very well exposed actually with the difficulties of the sun position, the stark white and the dark b/g.

Cut - brilliant. :clap: Like the pov and the change in scale from Mrs DK, her hands, the pole and the blades.

Cut .... there's something verging on the surreal ... the colour, POV, light ... like a film set, cbbc or something. :clap:

HI ya matey :wave:
Hey Lynne :wave:

brilliant idea for theme , I admire your dedication to theme going up those huge ladders :jawdrop: Fab use of DOF , lovely greens with a splash of red in the berries ...no crit from me.......& a big (y) for Mrs DK helping you out :clap:
Well blimey... thanks VERY much, big thanks already passed to Mrs DK too :)

Hi Phil :)

Fall- 'tilt shift' is another technique I'm not familiar with but it looks good (y) has to be the first image for me though (y)........its just short of a fishing rod in the bottom left and line cast out to the far, bottom corner of the weir :p
Hahaaaa that would finish it off wouldn't it :D

Big- Like the cormorant (from an angler that's not a statement you'll here often :D) taking off from the water, good low pov, good detail in the water slashers and the right amount of dof (y)
Thanks mate :)
I'm still surprised on the birds in flight, feel I need to practice this a lot with some different settings :)

Cut- great idea, love the pov, perfect dof and composition work well(y)...........is it me or do a few of the green leaves on the branch look a little blown? :thinking:
You are correct, there are some a bit blown, I did loads of PP, reduced highlights overall and then some close in brush exposure/burn to individual leaves, but couldn't recover anything in some places :)

Hi, Cut, cracking idea and the POV works really well as does the DOF.

Mrs Dark Night could have smiled, though, after all you were doing all the hard work :)

Cheers.
Ha Haaaa yes mate... she did in some shots, but having reviewed, it was more of a grimace and her teeth looked too white and stood out, so told her to close her mouth in the re-shoots :LOL:

Hi DK

Sparkle - works for me - good colours in the water and the sparkly bits give the impression of small streams of water dropping down.
Thanks Alan :)

Fall - #1 - really good comp with lots of elements in the Right places. (y) Waterfall is perfectly positioned and has a nice calming feel. Bit green overall on my monitor tho.
#2 - doesn't do anything for me as a shot for thr theme, sorry
Thanks again, green it sure was... as said pushed to the limit by the HDR, maybe should have pulled it back a bit :)

Dark - both good shots and an original thought. Prefer the hint of the brand name showing thro in #1 and the white spots, whereas #2 is sharper overall. Those kind of lights are a b....er to get right.
Aren't they just... thanks :)

Big - not sure that Big comes across without your descriptions, but I do like the shot of the grebe. Serene , good reflection and crop suits. The swan is very well exposed actually with the difficulties of the sun position, the stark white and the dark b/g.
Cool... happy with the images, just the required crowbar :D

Cut - brilliant. :clap: Like the pov and the change in scale from Mrs DK, her hands, the pole and the blades.
Cheers Alan :)

Pleasantly surprised on the feedback on this one from everybody :)

Cut .... there's something verging on the surreal ... the colour, POV, light ... like a film set, cbbc or something. :clap:
Thanks a lot David :)

Hiya Dean... I'm back from hecticness (sort of) and it's all going to kick off again tomorrow so this is my window of opportunity for comments :)

Sparkle - definitely sparkly but is it slightly blurry? Not sure, but it's definitely on theme.

Fall - a pretty shot but not quite jumping out at me in the same way that some of your others have done. On the second one, I'm not a massive fan of TS effects to be honest, although I can see their uses especially on product shots etc.

Dark - really like the second one, although the composition in the first might be slightly better. Really well done though and probably fun to do, too.

Big - like the take off shot. Nicely done even though it's flying away from you. The other two are pretty shots (nice low POV by the way) but not as compelling. Did you know that the angle of the wake of any object moving through the water is constant, no matter what its speed or size? Off the top of my head it's arctan(1/3) I think... it was an interview question for university a very long time ago but it sticks in my mind. I got in, so must have known it back then :)

Edit: missed Cut somehow! Nice idea and bloomin' tough to capture, I'm sure. I'm not brilliant with heights (which can make for some amusing incidents at the top of mountains!) so I don't envy you getting up that ladder. Lighting and colours good... angle and POV super but probably just lacking something - not quite sure what. I think it's a great shot as is and one for a possible reshoot at some stage?

Last edited:
Hi DK...bit of a catchup for me too...

Rich: #1 for me - simple but effective. Like the row of highlights where the tea meets the biscuit and the curved shaped of the cup and biscuit works well together, seemingly bringing the composition together.

Skill: "Pixar smile" - that made me smile. I am a fan of decay type pictures and this one ticks the box for sure. Loads of rusty brown tones and flaking paint details to enjoy here. Like the the contrasting fluffly blue sky teasing the boat, as if some promise she'll set sail and see better days again.

Half: Works for me. Obviously splitting in half along the diaganol gives a nice leading line - top marks for that! Appears slightly over-saturated perhaps?

Architecture
: I love piers....coming from SA where there are none, these are a real novelty for me. Thinking can these be classed as piers with no water in sight? :thinking:. Yup shame about the flat sky, but we know thats how it goes sometimes. I prefer # 1 - I like how the pictures shows off the lengh of the pier. Also like the little elements such as flags along the roof, clock tower and lone bird in the sky. Feel both pics would work well in mono as the garish colours are a little jarring on the eye (especially in the second)...lol

Pure: A beautiful flower like this is always going to be pleasing. I really like the 'pure' white and soft pink colours of this and the little pearls of water on it have been nicely captured. Like the position of the flower in the frame also the fact that we can see some of the flowers surroundings for added context. Nice pic DK (y)

Sparkle:
Oh yes, I can see the sparkles.....and feel them. Feels kind of exotic this and I can feel myself relaxing on a boat in the med somewhere with only the sound of water lapping against its sides. Like that theres some deep rich colour retained in the water and its not just a muddy expanse.

to be continued................

Fall: Really like number one. Warwick Castle right? Composition is lovely...like you've said, the castle wall does create some lead in lines and the foliage in the foreground works well for me. Really like it. Number 2, Im not to sure about. Without reading the description it took me a while to come to terms with what I was looking at.....then it clicked and I realised the aerial perspective....I do like the natural tones of the wood and oof foliage on this and as Peter said, It does seem to naturally invite the viewers mind to wonder.

Dark: A really good idea here. I prefer number 2 as it seems cleaner, sharper and a little more abstract which works well with the two tone matrix like colours. I do like the hint of Rolex name in the first though....

Big: Number 3 get my vote. Looks nice and sharp while having an almost soft pastel type feel to it. Really like the reflection in the water too and the sublte little of balls of bokeh in the water to the back right. Swan is really nicely highlighted on the rear end whilst still retaing all the detail - Deffinite winner this :clap:.................I do like number one also as the 3 splash points create a nice lead in line of sorts.

Cut: Nothing to crit on this one. Technically well executed and composed as other have said already. DOF works well and POV too, Mrs DK seems 'miles away' from you down there on the ground. Agree with Peter - Could easily see this on the product packaging or advertisment. Well done Sir ;)

Hiya Dean... I'm back from hecticness (sort of) and it's all going to kick off again tomorrow so this is my window of opportunity for comments :)
I feel i'm there sometimes... then life has a wobble and I get behind AGAIN :LOL:

Sparkle - definitely sparkly but is it slightly blurry? Not sure, but it's definitely on theme.
Sparkle AND blur... what more can one ask for :)

Fall - a pretty shot but not quite jumping out at me in the same way that some of your others have done. On the second one, I'm not a massive fan of TS effects to be honest, although I can see their uses especially on product shots etc.
Thanks mate, I know not to all tastes :)

Dark - really like the second one, although the composition in the first might be slightly better. Really well done though and probably fun to do, too.
Thanks... and yes they were fun to do !!!

Big - like the take off shot. Nicely done even though it's flying away from you. The other two are pretty shots (nice low POV by the way) but not as compelling. Did you know that the angle of the wake of any object moving through the water is constant, no matter what its speed or size? Off the top of my head it's arctan(1/3) I think... it was an interview question for university a very long time ago but it sticks in my mind. I got in, so must have known it back then :)
Well... that's my lesson of the day (y) but I very much doubt that will stay in my noggin....

Edit: missed Cut somehow! Nice idea and bloomin' tough to capture, I'm sure. I'm not brilliant with heights (which can make for some amusing incidents at the top of mountains!) so I don't envy you getting up that ladder. Lighting and colours good... angle and POV super but probably just lacking something - not quite sure what. I think it's a great shot as is and one for a possible reshoot at some stage?
Cheers again, to be honest I enjoyed doing this one too, but it's not top of my re-shoot list, will be tempted if I can get the right light on a descent autumn coloured leaf or the like :)

THANKS for the great catch up :)

Hi DK...bit of a catchup for me too...
Great playing catch up ain't it :D

Rich: #1 for me - simple but effective. Like the row of highlights where the tea meets the biscuit and the curved shaped of the cup and biscuit works well together, seemingly bringing the composition together.
Cheers Jason :)

Skill: "Pixar smile" - that made me smile. I am a fan of decay type pictures and this one ticks the box for sure. Loads of rusty brown tones and flaking paint details to enjoy here. Like the the contrasting fluffly blue sky teasing the boat, as if some promise she'll set sail and see better days again.
Thanks again :) - me too, would like to go to the local boatyards and get some more on day :)

Half: Works for me. Obviously splitting in half along the diaganol gives a nice leading line - top marks for that! Appears slightly over-saturated perhaps?
I did push it a tad yes (y)

Architecture: I love piers....coming from SA where there are none, these are a real novelty for me. Thinking can these be classed as piers with no water in sight? :thinking:.
Yep they can... the tide was out, and yes it does come all the way in at times (y)
Yup shame about the flat sky, but we know thats how it goes sometimes. I prefer # 1 - I like how the pictures shows off the lengh of the pier. Also like the little elements such as flags along the roof, clock tower and lone bird in the sky. Feel both pics would work well in mono as the garish colours are a little jarring on the eye (especially in the second)...lol
Ahhhh good thinking... may try that one day :)

Pure: A beautiful flower like this is always going to be pleasing. I really like the 'pure' white and soft pink colours of this and the little pearls of water on it have been nicely captured. Like the position of the flower in the frame also the fact that we can see some of the flowers surroundings for added context. Nice pic DK (y)

Sparkle: Oh yes, I can see the sparkles.....and feel them. Feels kind of exotic this and I can feel myself relaxing on a boat in the med somewhere with only the sound of water lapping against its sides. Like that theres some deep rich colour retained in the water and its not just a muddy expanse.
Ooooooo... now that makes me want to do EXACTLY that :)

to be continued.....
Cool... LOL

Fall: Really like number one. Warwick Castle right? Composition is lovely...like you've said, the castle wall does create some lead in lines and the foliage in the foreground works well for me. Really like it. Number 2, Im not to sure about. Without reading the description it took me a while to come to terms with what I was looking at.....then it clicked and I realised the aerial perspective....I do like the natural tones of the wood and oof foliage on this and as Peter said, It does seem to naturally invite the viewers mind to wonder.

and yes, Warwick Castle it is :)

Dark: A really good idea here. I prefer number 2 as it seems cleaner, sharper and a little more abstract which works well with the two tone matrix like colours. I do like the hint of Rolex name in the first though....
Thanks again :)

Big: Number 3 get my vote. Looks nice and sharp while having an almost soft pastel type feel to it. Really like the reflection in the water too and the sublte little of balls of bokeh in the water to the back right. Swan is really nicely highlighted on the rear end whilst still retaing all the detail - Deffinite winner this :clap:.................I do like number one also as the 3 splash points create a nice lead in line of sorts.
Cheers Jason... I am surprised how many like the swan shot, I had a great day getting these :)

Nothing to crit on this one. Technically well executed and composed as other have said already. DOF works well and POV too, Mrs DK seems 'miles away' from you down there on the ground. Agree with Peter - Could easily see this on the product packaging or advertisment. Well done Sir ;)

And a BIG thanks for a great huge catch up - appreciate the time it must of took (y)

And here we go again, a couple of catch-up shots...

First of all, balance, I thought of this when the theme came up, finally had the time to set this shot up, I have done a couple of takes, generally with this one playing with my lighting, still struggling with white backgrounds, would love somebody to come to mine and show me how to do it properly, I have had to do too many tweaks in PP to get it acceptable this time, but feel it needs a bit more work :)

Wk 41 - took me ages to 'Balance' these...

Not crops of the same image, tried all different angles, and liked these... what would I like, to see more shadow/grounding, I don't think there is quite enough

Wk 41 - Balance by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 41 - Balance 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 41 - Balance 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

That's a wow from me dean.... I'd love to believe you balanced them all without resorting to invisible sellotape. ;) even so there a fair bit of work putting that all together. (y)

BG looks like it could be a tiny touch bright (not on PC so cant say for sure) but the shadow is nicely there and works.

I like the position in the frame on the first but feel it's looking out of the frame. I think the same position but flipped horizontally on itself IYSWIM.

Nice reeds and bright white on the cards though. Like it. (y)

Hi DK, I do like the first one, I see what you mean about the shadows a touch more maybe but there is enough there to ground it on the bottom row.
rather you than me with the patience to do that must have taken a while, nice reds too.
you have done a good job on it (y)

Hi Dean, I'm looking at this on my phone so won't comment on exposure etc.

Second one for me... it's bloody brilliant! The effort in setting up is worth it as you've produced a stellar image - up there with your vertical shot for me (which really sticks in my mind as being fab).

The only thing I'd ask especially since the white BG was painful is whether it needs it? How about a white surface and then a sky behind it... it's a tower after all!

But super shot and we'll executed. I'm really looking forward to seeing this on a big screen!

Last edited:
Ha Ha well done DK on the balancing act :clap:

I love the detail, erm cleanliness, and colour of No.3

But must say No.2 is your best shot... love those little shadows.

Re backgrounds .... I'm no fan of white, black or any other artificial BG

This would work just great with an out of focus drinks party, circus act or something going on in the BG.

Last edited:
That's a wow from me dean.... I'd love to believe you balanced them all without resorting to invisible sellotape. ;) even so there a fair bit of work putting that all together. (y)
Thanks Graham :)

Infact I did try several ways, these cards are 100% plastic poker cards, they are slippery to say the least, they did get a small helping hand in places, but still took me about 1 hour to set this stack up as they kept collapsing when I micro lined them up left/right/back/forward with a lolly stick :D

BG looks like it could be a tiny touch bright (not on PC so cant say for sure) but the shadow is nicely there and works.
Yeah could well be mate, still getting shadows from the cotton backdrop so brushed 'tooth whitening'... I think I need to make more use of my reflector :)

I like the position in the frame on the first but feel it's looking out of the frame. I think the same position but flipped horizontally on itself IYSWIM.
Errrrrmmmm so it's on the left of the frame ??

Nice reeds and bright white on the cards though. Like it. (y)

Hi DK, I do like the first one, I see what you mean about the shadows a touch more maybe but there is enough there to ground it on the bottom row.
Cheers Allan :)

I did get a bit yes, but would have liked much more :)

rather you than me with the patience to do that must have taken a while, nice reds too.
you have done a good job on it (y)
I did wonder what I was doing when it collapsed for the 4th or 5th time AND when I used the Blue pack first only to realise there were 4 cards short and I needed 3 of them :bat:

Hi Dean, I'm looking at this on my phone so won't comment on exposure etc.
Look forward to some pointers when you can mate :)

Second one for me... it's bloody brilliant! The effort in setting up is worth it as you've produced a stellar image - up there with your vertical shot for me (which really sticks in my mind as being fab).
Wow... Thanks Paul :)

The only thing I'd ask especially since the white BG was painful is whether it needs it? How about a white surface and then a sky behind it... it's a tower after all!
Very good point... I'd love to be able to put a different background on it, but have no Idea, I have white cotton backdrop and Black paper Roll... hence always Black or White backgrounds when I do a shot with my lights :D

But super shot and we'll executed. I'm really looking forward to seeing this on a big screen!
Don't get too excited :whistle:

Ha Ha well done DK on the balancing act :clap:
Thanks David :)

I love the detail, erm cleanliness, and colour of No.3
Cheers :)

I liked this too, not as sharp all over as I would have hoped, but I went in close to get detail, thinking I should have got further back and cropped instead :thinking:

But must say No.2 is your best shot... love those little shadows.
Thanks again :)

Re backgrounds .... I'm no fan of white, black or any other artificial BG
Thats all I can do currently lol... I'd love to be able to do more, one day hopefully :)

This would work just great with an out of focus drinks party, circus act or something going on in the BG.
You certainly have something there mate, that would look great !!!

Out of focus drinks party... that sounds like pretty much every one I'm at... ;)
Haaa Haaaaa :LOL:

Back