weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

Hi Judi, possibly a different composition for strength? Having the brandy glass as the main subject, with the bottle oof in the near bg maybe? It certainly needs a wider crop for me :)

Liking the mint leaf for texture, great detail(y).......makes me wish we had 'scratch and sniff' :D

Hi Judi, the first one for me the colour of the spiderlings work well with the BG, I have never actually seen this for real

Love the spiders. Prefer the second one in terms of composition, although knowing the speed with which these little devils disperse when disturbed you probably had little control! Colours ar4e great.

I like the shadows crated by the spiders in the second shot, I just hope they don't appear near me, can't stand them :runaway:

I like them both, what I'd also like to see would be the next shot in the sequence with them even more scattered although I'd imagine you were running away by that point :)

Do like the way the shadows sit on the second.

liking the monkey face and the mint leaf Judi, nice detail and sparkliness in the fine hairs, and very well composed too.

Texture - the tree bark for me as well great textures in there and the mint leaf is good as well.

Wild - lovely image of the little spiders, tho for me composition is a little messy but not much can be done about that.

HI Judi

Textures ....good set but the stand out one if definitely the Leaf....perfect composition & super detail in the tiny hairs :clap:

Wild....1st one for me as well...caught them in a good shape with good colors (y)

Hi Judi :)

Sorry but miles behind with your comments again :coat:

Twisted - For me the shot of choice is the more vivid first shot, liking the colours, feel you could get away with central positioning with this one, but anyway nice detail and a good subject for the theme :)

Shape - For me it's the weather vein, a real nice one at that !!! - crit, well I think you could squeeze a tad more colour out of the sky, but other than that I really like the crop with the top edge of the roof giving good context !!!

Texture - What a great set, like all of them, the barks are very detailed, but for me the vivid leaf has such great punch and detail its the one for me, good week (y)

Wild - Wow... look at all them, the second one with all the shadows gets my vote, looks VERY creepy :jawdrop: the fine web and contrasting colours too, what a great find :clap:

Midsummer nights dream works for me, true to the theme, excellent whites and the addition of the white rose is a nice touch.

Selective blurring is really effective at bringing out the three main elements, however I feel it is maybe a little strong, only a little mind! I'd like to be able to see the words of the text, maybe not actually be able to read them completely, but just see them.

The nightmare is equally as good, and posssibly the position of the rose here is even better.

Plenty good enough for me though Judi. :clap:

Hi Judi, the first one for me the colour of the spiderlings work well with the BG, I have never actually seen this for real
first time i have seen them Allan, thanks for looking. :)
Love the spiders. Prefer the second one in terms of composition, although knowing the speed with which these little devils disperse when disturbed you probably had little control! Colours ar4e great.
I like the 2nd one too Andrew the shadows do it for me, thanks :)
I like the shadows crated by the spiders in the second shot, I just hope they don't appear near me, can't stand them :runaway:
Not worried about spiders or mice, country girl seen worse than spiders, thank-you ;)
I like them both, what I'd also like to see would be the next shot in the sequence with them even more scattered although I'd imagine you were running away by that point :)
Do like the way the shadows sit on the second.
Thank you Graham:)
liking the monkey face and the mint leaf Judi, nice detail and sparkliness in the fine hairs, and very well composed too.
btw you seem to be the only one that sees the monkey!! :clap:
Texture - the tree bark for me as well great textures in there and the mint leaf is good as well.
Wild - lovely image of the little spiders, tho for me composition is a little messy but not much can be done about that.
Thank you Mandy :)
Wild - on theme and a good find it looks like a spider party
It does too thanks Craig :)
HI Judi
Textures ....good set but the stand out one if definitely the Leaf....perfect composition & super detail in the tiny hairs :clap:
Wild....1st one for me as well...caught them in a good shape with good colors (y)
thank you Lynne :)
Hi Judi :)

Sorry but miles behind with your comments again :coat:
Twisted - For me the shot of choice is the more vivid first shot, liking the colours, feel you could get away with central positioning with this one, but anyway nice detail and a good subject for the theme :)
Shape - For me it's the weather vein, a real nice one at that !!! - crit, well I think you could squeeze a tad more colour out of the sky, but other than that I really like the crop with the top edge of the roof giving good context !!!
Texture - What a great set, like all of them, the barks are very detailed, but for me the vivid leaf has such great punch and detail its the one for me, good week (y)
Wild - Wow... look at all them, the second one with all the shadows gets my vote, looks VERY creepy :jawdrop: the fine web and contrasting colours too, what a great find :clap:
Thanks Dean :) the weather vane was made for my brother in Law he was an auctioneer that sold motor vehicles :)
Hi Judi....just seen your spiders, what a great find... I love the colous and the shadows....well done for catching that one :)
Thank you Susie:)

Midsummer nights dream works for me, true to the theme, excellent whites and the addition of the white rose is a nice touch.
Selective blurring is really effective at bringing out the three main elements, however I feel it is maybe a little strong, only a little mind! I'd like to be able to see the words of the text, maybe not actually be able to read them completely, but just see them.
The nightmare is equally as good, and posssibly the position of the rose here is even better.
Plenty good enough for me though Judi. :clap:

Thanks Graham :) I wasn't sure I thought that I might have over done it but I wanted it to look dreamy.

Texture - I feel the shot of the leaf is the more interesting of the three especially with detail in the small hairs on the subject

Wild - Great find. Those spiders are just the right colour for the background. Loads of them as well. i know these are babies but is it me or are house spiders getting bigger in recent years?

Dream - Good idea and nice execution to give these a dreamy feel. I almost feel the bits you've left in focus are a little too strong. Maybe gradually reducing the blur around it would improve?

Hi, dreamy, that was weird, I saw your dreamy submission and right below it was Tony's HWEST submission and they're very similar.

Like it, in theme and nicely composed. I'd prefer if the name was slightly OOF.

Cheers.

Hi Judi

both beautiful images for Dreamy :clap:....well thought out & executed .#1 takes my vote simply because the light seems better on the rose ( though I prefer that you can see more of it in the 2nd image. The post blurring seems a little strong ..as per Peter ,either make the transition more gradual or lessen the effect .The only other slight niggle is the the piece of cloth lower rh,creates a very harsh line in an other wise soft image

Hi Judi ..... I really like the idea, soft, dreamy, and nicely composed. I didn't notice the cloth until I read Lynne's comment and having looked again at it I do agree perhaps continuing the softness at the front would give it even more dreamy effect .... But its a great idea, an excellent choice for the theme.

Hi Judi, both well executed images and I like different aspects of both, I like the second one for the illustration in the book but the first for the BG and surrounding
both well set up and thought out (y)

Hey Judi :)

Dream - A very nice original idea you have here, I like the second 'Nightmare' image with the rose slightly less prominent, I also prefer the way the colour number tabs line up on the left, a good DoF giving just enough info, well set up both of them and good to see you messing with placement :)

:wave: Judi, 2nd 'nightmare' for me, prefer the composition, liking the processing (y).........:thinking: don't know why, but with it being a nightmare, would it have suited a red rose better? :)

Texture - I feel the shot of the leaf is the more interesting of the three especially with detail in the small hairs on the subject
Wild - Great find. Those spiders are just the right colour for the background. Loads of them as well. i know these are babies but is it me or are house spiders getting bigger in recent years?
Dream - Good idea and nice execution to give these a dreamy feel. I almost feel the bits you've left in focus are a little too strong. Maybe gradually reducing the blur around it would improve?
Thanks Peter :)
i have never seen such a colourful nest of spiders
dream..I couldn't decide which one to put in, still don't know which I prefer.
Hi, dreamy, that was weird, I saw your dreamy submission and right below it was Tony's HWEST submission and they're very similar.
Like it, in theme and nicely composed. I'd prefer if the name was slightly OOF.
Cheers.
Thank you Andy :)
yes wierd but great minds think alike ;)
Hi Judi
both beautiful images for Dreamy :clap:....well thought out & executed .#1 takes my vote simply because the light seems better on the rose ( though I prefer that you can see more of it in the 2nd image. The post blurring seems a little strong ..as per Peter ,either make the transition more gradual or lessen the effect .The only other slight niggle is the the piece of cloth lower rh,creates a very harsh line in an other wise soft image
Thanks Lynne, :)
I didn't notice the fold in the cloth until you pointed it out.
Hi Judi ..... I really like the idea, soft, dreamy, and nicely composed. I didn't notice the cloth until I read Lynne's comment and having looked again at it I do agree perhaps continuing the softness at the front would give it even more dreamy effect .... But its a great idea, an excellent choice for the theme.
Thank you Susie :)
I set it up outside on the garden table, it was a bit windy so had to be quick so didnt notice the fold at the front and missed it in pp too
Hi Judi, both well executed images and I like different aspects of both, I like the second one for the illustration in the book but the first for the BG and surrounding
both well set up and thought out (y)
Thanks Allan :)
Hey Judi :)
Dream - A very nice original idea you have here, I like the second 'Nightmare' image with the rose slightly less prominent, I also prefer the way the colour number tabs line up on the left, a good DoF giving just enough info, well set up both of them and good to see you messing with placement :)
Thanks Dean:)
It helped having a nice fine art book with the pictures in, ;)
:wave: Judi, 2nd 'nightmare' for me, prefer the composition, liking the processing (y).........:thinking: don't know why, but with it being a nightmare, would it have suited a red rose better? :)
Thank Phil :)
No red rose available :(

Like those yellow spiders ... never saw anything quite like that ... and those shadows!

Dreamy soft focus is nicely done.

Hi Judi
Strength - brandy is the better one but pity that the front of the label did not show the alcoholic strength s the back is a bit ordinary. #2 is a bit ordinary - sorry
Texture - mint leaf is really good choice - lots of detail - looks a bit flat and maybe the contrast could be boosted as suggested or more oblique light across the leaf.
Wild - really like #2(y) Implied movement, good colour and shadows really make a difference
dream - super idea and good comp on both. maybe a bit more detail in the text and the sheen on the illustrations is a bit off putting but full marks for the thought and the arrangement. (y)

Dream - good interiptation off the theme I like it nicely done and lovely soft processing as well great work.
Thank you Mandy :)
Like those yellow spiders ... never saw anything quite like that ... and those shadows!
Dreamy soft focus is nicely done.
Hi David, Thank you, I haven't seen them before. :)
Hi Judi
Strength - brandy is the better one but pity that the front of the label did not show the alcoholic strength s the back is a bit ordinary. #2 is a bit ordinary - sorry
Texture - mint leaf is really good choice - lots of detail - looks a bit flat and maybe the contrast could be boosted as suggested or more oblique light across the leaf.
Wild - really like #2(y) Implied movement, good colour and shadows really make a difference
dream - super idea and good comp on both. maybe a bit more detail in the text and the sheen on the illustrations is a bit off putting but full marks for the thought and the arrangement. (y)
Thank you Alan, :)
Hi Susie, thanks, I like them too, but they are not everybody's cup of tea :) I'm having trouble keeping up this week like you say posts keep just appearing

Hi Judi, i really like the first one, the trunks of the trees are more prominent in the first one the second one is lacking the bold dark lines which I feel are needed.
excellent :clap:

Dream: Both pics convey the theme perfectly ...The stong blur and and white props add to the dreaminess.

Vertical: Both are successful shots. I like how the branches are all converging. I tried this before myself but didnt look half as good as these so I'm sure there must be some skill involved in finding exactly the right POV to shoot from.

First of your vertical for me Judi, prefer the wider crop, the bold lines of the tree trunks, gives a feeling of them being tall, very good (y)

Hi Judi - Vertical is a toughie. I actually tried exactly the same shot a few times and just couldn't get one I was happy with. You either lose detail on the trees or overexpose the sky. An evening shot might work better otherwise it's HDR to capture the full range?

The other thing I battled with was finding thick enough trees. Really slim trees I found didn't really work - there was too much space between everything and it just lacked impact.

Don't get me wrong - I like your shots (especially the first one) but I think it's a really hard shot to "nail"... maybe worth some experimentation on tree sizes, focal length etc.? Really wide angle might help? It's probably puzzling me more than you now!

Good shot (and well taken)... I'm just desperate to know how to make it really sing!

Looks like you're first in with the yum yums then..;).

First for me though, the closer framing works, although maybe it's that I wouldn't use a cup and saucer or a fork for those.

Nice and bright, well lit and sharp, just the bubbles in the tea I'm finding a bit off putting.

Yum yum indeed. ;)

Hi Judi, with Graham on this the first composition works better, lighting and colour good on first one bit duller on the second one
nice take on what I feel is a difficult theme (y)

that tea, have to agree with Graham :eek:

Back