weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

Name
Judi
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a bit late but will give it a good try, it will do me good to get out of my comfort zone and do something different!!

I will start off with the warm up theme.

Just for fun Odd....ball

IMG_0776.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Judi,

Have to say I was immediately attracted by your avatar picture, we have two black Miniature Schnauzers :banana:

In respect of your plea for help on the linky, did you read this message on how to do it?, if so what is it thats not working for you?

Hi Judi,

Have to say I was immediately attracted by your avatar picture, we have two black Miniature Schnauzers :banana:

In respect of your plea for help on the linky, did you read this message on how to do it?, if so what is it thats not working for you?

Thanks Mark, I have with a few tries got it to work at last.

We have two Mini's too one black as you can see and one Pepper and Salt, love em!

Thanks Mark, I have with a few tries got it to work at last.

We have two Mini's too one black as you can see and one Pepper and Salt, love em!

Just as well you sorted it seeing I put the wrong url in the link :confused:

Our mini's are twins and as you say, love em :)

Looks a bit of an odd ball image to me Judi :D

Nice shot. Agree about the focus. That bottle looks like it's floating - or do I need to go on the wagon again?

really like the image judi only think i would say is the compression on my screen makes it look like the sky is a bit patchy? like lines running through it? also a crop out of the cloud would be nice.

Otherwise gutted i didnt think of that one

Well captured. I don't mind the cloud, I feel they add to the photograph.

Not a lot to crit, as it's quite minimal :smile:, but is be tempted to have the trail coming right from the corner.

Cheers.

Agreed, the diagonal makes for a good strong composition.

Definately need to look at the jpeg compression through, it looks quite blocky to me.

That's exactly it, it's down to how you save the image.

When I export from RAW to upload for internet viewing, I always export with the dimensions I want to post it in the forums. So I would select 900 pixels on the longest edge and then a compression of about 80%. The raw converter should do this - which one do you use?

That's exactly it, it's down to how you save the image.

When I export from RAW to upload for internet viewing, I always export with the dimensions I want to post it in the forums. So I would select 900 pixels on the longest edge and then a compression of about 80%. The raw converter should do this - which one do you use?

Thanks for your reply Richard, I use PSE 12, it comes up when I drag to a raw file to PSE, I don't have a specific program for Raw I have only just started using it, there are no instructions on sizing with it that i can see i do that in PSE.

Right - that does make it easier.

When you save the photo out of PSE 12 how do you do it currently? Sorry, I don't know the software myself but generally there are some options when saving as JPEG

Right - that does make it easier.

When you save the photo out of PSE 12 how do you do it currently? Sorry, I don't know the software myself but generally there are some options when saving as JPEG
Ahhh no options in the raw program but possibly I can do it in PSE because when i do save as it first has it in PSD and i change it to jpeg I will look further thank you for bothering to help. are there specific Raw programs because mine doesn't have all the controls that your in your link has it looks the same but only has 3 editing panels.

Lovely idea, although I agree with the comment about the lines coming from the corner

Agreed, the diagonal makes for a good strong composition.

Definately need to look at the jpeg compression through, it looks quite blocky to me.

Am interested to know what this is, and what causes it - I've come across it several times in my photos and wonder what can be done to avoid it occurring

Hi judi - the blocks / bands in the sky has to be down to the compression, a 1024 pixel image at 47kb is teeny tiny....

below are screen shots from saving a 1024 px image

bktf.jpg

Filesize ranges from 95kb to 527kb depending on the quality chosen - aim as high as possible, not sure if the attachment facilty here has a max size or not but genearally save as large as possible.

Flickr is a popular and easy way to host and share files.

Otherwise - positive comments as the others re the colour, diagonal, i like the cloud, and teh trail starts near enough the corner to work for me. (y)

Hi judi - the blocks / bands in the sky has to be down to the compression, a 1024 pixel image at 47kb is teeny tiny....

below are screen shots from saving a 1024 px image

bktf.jpg

Filesize ranges from 95kb to 527kb depending on the quality chosen - aim as high as possible, not sure if the attachment facilty here has a max size or not but genearally save as large as possible.

Flickr is a popular and easy way to host and share files.

Otherwise - positive comments as the others re the colour, diagonal, i like the cloud, and teh trail starts near enough the corner to work for me. (y)

Graham, My problem is i am from the film age and all this having to edit to use digital is new to me RAW even more so, I am not as good with the computer as i would like either, my normal saving is quality 12 just as you show, but i thought that images on here had to be 1024 pixels on the longest edge. and i am unsure of how to do this,

I do have a flickr acc, link below thank-you very much for your help :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93102495@N02/

Last edited:
Thats fine, and yep 1024 pixels is the largest you;re supposed to post. You can "link to" bigger.

Easiest way is to get the BBCode from flickr
czd5.jpg

and copy and paste all the text highlighted blue directly into your post. This brings the image (at the size specified in the drop down), plus a link back to your flickr.

Compression bands / blocks are massively better on the re-post.

working out the links and inserting the pics is often harder than taking the images themselves.

Hi Judi. Welcome to this years 52 :wave:

Line, very simple with the nice strong diagonal. I would be ultra critical and crop it so the contrail's come straight out of the corner, not slightly to the right, but it's only a minor thing. As it is I'm well impressed that you guys have had any blue skies over there, all I hear about is rain on the news!

Back