weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

another vote for the first one Judi. The closer focusing really works well, id just like the bottom of the plate in the frame. other than that very nice. Even lighting and clean background work well too.

Vertical number two for me. Who doesn't like laying down in the forest and looking for :) number two from me hello can I see some chromatic aberration in there?

Yummy, number one for me like the close crop and the nice warm colours.

Cheers.

Brilliant Judi! I'll confess I had the same idea ;) but your execution is superb. Second one for me. Maybe just crop a bit more of the plate off the bottom or have it all in frame? Otherwise superb!
Yum yum indeed.
Thank you Paul:) I did do one with a tighter crop couldn't make up my mind which to post
Looks like you're first in with the yum yums then..;).
First for me though, the closer framing works, although maybe it's that I wouldn't use a cup and saucer or a fork for those.
Nice and bright, well lit and sharp, just the bubbles in the tea I'm finding a bit off putting.
Yum yum indeed. ;)
thanks Graham :) the tea was poured from a teapot to make a few bubbles, the tea looked flat without

Hi Judi, with Graham on this the first composition works better, lighting and colour good on first one bit duller on the second one
nice take on what I feel is a difficult theme (y)
that tea, have to agree with Graham :eek:
thank You Allan, I like the 1st on too:)

another vote for the first one Judi. The closer focusing really works well, id just like the bottom of the plate in the frame. other than that very nice. Even lighting and clean background work well too.
Thanks Adam:)
Vertical number two for me. Who doesn't like laying down in the forest and looking for :) number two from me hello can I see some chromatic aberration in there?
Andy I wandered into the common as its called saw this space where the trees looked as I wanted put the camera on a bean bag realised that i was in a swarm of mosquitoes, took 1 picture moves the camera slightly and took 1 more, i quickly picked up the gear and ran for dear life back to the road by this time I had been bitten 7 times :(
Yummy, number one for me like the close crop and the nice warm colours.
I had never heard of yum yum's my grandchildren told me to get them ;)
Cheers.
thank you :)
Hi Judi...lovely clean images there, I prefer the first one too, very nicely composed with the crisp white tablecloth, china plates, and mug. A really excellent choice for the theme. Did you pour the tea from a teapot ...that usually makes the bubbles :)
Yes Susie I did use a teapot and poured from a height to make the bubbles as the tea looked flat without them.
thanks you :)

Hi Judi

Dreamy - different take on the theme but it works like the selective blur you have achieved

Vertical - both good shots 1st one just pips it for me the branches are more visible

Yum - 1st image for me lighting, composition all look great

.......just the bubbles in the tea I'm finding a bit off putting.

This for me too Judi, it was the first thing I thought :)

2nd one for me, although I possibly don't think it needs the 2nd plate of yum yums .....:thinking:....but it does work :)

It looks a very clean, well lit, great detailed shot (y).........not a biggie, but I also find the doubled up? tablecloth down the left a little distracting :)

Hi Judi
Dreamy - different take on the theme but it works like the selective blur you have achieved
Vertical - both good shots 1st one just pips it for me the branches are more visible
Yum - 1st image for me lighting, composition all look great
Thank you Craig :)
This for me too Judi, it was the first thing I thought :)
2nd one for me, although I possibly don't think it needs the 2nd plate of yum yums .....:thinking:....but it does work :)
It looks a very clean, well lit, great detailed shot (y).........not a biggie, but I also find the doubled up? tablecloth down the left a little distracting :)

'Serviette' Phil thanks for commenting :)

HI Judi

another (y) for your Vertical shots.....I prefer the crop of the 1st but the lightness of the 2nd as there seems to be more detail i the greenery....some people huh :rolleyes:

YUM....Think I'm opting for the 1st shot......I like the placement of the crockery , the sharpness , colors & whiteness of the whites (y) Not so sure on the differing patterns on the crockery & the napkin :thinking:

Second one for me on composition, first one for lighting and colour. Good attempt though as it is a tricky subject.

Vertical - fits the theme for me, but doesn't wow me but it is a good take for the theme and i like the idea behind it.

Yum - Now i do love my yum yum's, as for the image it's self i think you have done well. I like the second image composition is good my only niggle is the bottom of the plate has been clipped. But both images are bang on the theme for me so well done.

Hi Judi,
#1 gets my vote too, (y)
The three elements in the scene pull it together nicely, lovely even lighting on these too.
It tells its own little story which I always find particularly appealing, good work :)

Hey Judi :)

Vertical - Damn mossies !!!

I prefer the first out of the two... there are more tree trunks to portray the vertical view for me, I think you are close to blowing the highlights??, but I like the tree tops converging like that, a nice idea :)

Yum - Of the two shots I prefer the second, the first contains too many clipped elements for me, especially the mug... both shots look well exposed, good lighting and love the colour of the Yum Yums... making me VERY hungry (y)

Tea and cake - always good!
Really good colour and nice framing. I think I'm a little late with commenting to say anything more really! I like it.

Hi Judi,they are certainly loud and the very busy,tightly cropped shot suits the theme well (y)

It might look a little soft to me, ....:thinking:....possibly down to the slow shutter speed? I also might have been tempted to just crop a tad off the top to get rid of the puple/pink flowers and the paper wrapping :)

'Serviette' Phil ........ :)

Serviette!
doh.gif
...........I see it now :oops: :$ :D

Hi Judi
Vertical - perspective and pov on both hit the theme, altho I prefer the landscape crop on #1. Convergence seems better too
Yum - #1 for me - better colour and the crop is right up my street. Like the comp and agree with Graham that the fork on #2 - whilst really well shot by the way - looks out of context with what i would say was hand-food! I would like to see the pattern on the tablecloth complete or not at all - so the plate does crop the embellishments somewhat. Also I don't like those bubbles:LOL:
Loud - a little soft as has been mentioned and because they are all bright, the 'loud' does not come to the fore. Perhaps better to have just a few standing out from some fern or something else

Tough theme Judi, colours look nice and bright which is the main part of the relation to the theme. Softness mentioned has to be down to shutter speed, but indoor shots are never easy, particularly in the entrance to Tesco as well.

Hi Judi, great loud colours there a little soft as has been mentioned but a nice idea (y)

Vertical - Nice idea for the theme. The pattern of the leaves on #1 is working better for me

Yum - What else for this theme but yum-yums. Haven't had any for ages. A nice couple of shots. I prefer the composition of #2 although would have liked just the fraction more of the plate in the frame

Loud - Those flowers definitely are loud. For some reason some supermarkets seem to sell even worse than these. It does appear a bit oof to me but as a photograph it's nice and colourful.

Hi Judi

reminds of a Miss Marple type scene.....all the elements work really well together , like how you've placed them , good exposure, good DOF & nicely sharp :clap:
Crit....just a smidge on the squiff....needs a little cw rotation ( the parasol upright is leaning left) . I quite like the tea being poured but wonder if it might have worked better ( just been different) with the pot on the table :thinking:

Lovely shot though :clap:

Ha Ha this is fun and very welcoming after a long hot day just my cup of tea Judi! :clap:

Hi Judi, how very English, i think I prefer the first one with the teapot action though both work, a nicely staged image :clap:

HI Judi
another (y) for your Vertical shots.....I prefer the crop of the 1st but the lightness of the 2nd as there seems to be more detail i the greenery....some people huh :rolleyes:
YUM....Think I'm opting for the 1st shot......I like the placement of the crockery , the sharpness , colors & whiteness of the whites (y) Not so sure on the differing patterns on the crockery & the napkin :thinking:
Thank you Lynne :)

Second one for me on composition, first one for lighting and colour. Good attempt though as it is a tricky subject.
thank you Richard :)

Vertical - fits the theme for me, but doesn't wow me but it is a good take for the theme and i like the idea behind it.
Yum - Now i do love my yum yum's, as for the image it's self i think you have done well. I like the second image composition is good my only niggle is the bottom of the plate has been clipped. But both images are bang on the theme for me so well done.
Thank you Mandy, as you can imagine i didn't stick around to find a better view of the trees
and yes the yum yums were good if a little sweet :)

Hi Judi,
#1 gets my vote too, (y)
The three elements in the scene pull it together nicely, lovely even lighting on these too.
It tells its own little story which I always find particularly appealing, good work :)
thank you Iain

Hey Judi :)
Vertical - Damn mossies !!!
I prefer the first out of the two... there are more tree trunks to portray the vertical view for me, I think you are close to blowing the highlights??, but I like the tree tops converging like that, a nice idea :)
Yum - Of the two shots I prefer the second, the first contains too many clipped elements for me, especially the mug... both shots look well exposed, good lighting and love the colour of the Yum Yums... making me VERY hungry (y)

Thanks Dean :)

Nice idea for Yum Judi... prefer the second image as its not as cropped as the first...
thank you Colin :)

Tea and cake - always good!
Really good colour and nice framing. I think I'm a little late with commenting to say anything more really! I like it.

Thanks Simon :)

Thanks for your comments everyone :)

Hi Judi,they are certainly loud and the very busy,tightly cropped shot suits the theme well (y)
It might look a little soft to me, ....:thinking:....possibly down to the slow shutter speed? I also might have been tempted to just crop a tad off the top to get rid of the puple/pink flowers and the paper wrapping :)

Serviette!
doh.gif
...........I see it now :oops: :$ :D

You are right Phil it is a bit soft, thanks for looking :)

Hi, lovely flowers, maybe a little OOF?
Doesn't scream Loud, though.
Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

Hi Judi
Vertical - perspective and pov on both hit the theme, altho I prefer the landscape crop on #1. Convergence seems better too
Yum - #1 for me - better colour and the crop is right up my street. Like the comp and agree with Graham that the fork on #2 - whilst really well shot by the way - looks out of context with what i would say was hand-food! I would like to see the pattern on the tablecloth complete or not at all - so the plate does crop the embellishments somewhat. Also I don't like those bubbles:LOL:
Loud - a little soft as has been mentioned and because they are all bright, the 'loud' does not come to the fore. Perhaps better to have just a few standing out from some fern or something else

thanks Alan :)

Tough theme Judi, colours look nice and bright which is the main part of the relation to the theme. Softness mentioned has to be down to shutter speed, but indoor shots are never easy, particularly in the entrance to Tesco as well.
Thanks Graham, specially when you are attempting not to be noticed by the staff :)

Hi Judi ..... well, you know that I love flowers :) I agree about cropping a tiny bit off the top, and I would have given then a tiny sharpen just to give them an added boost, but a smashing shot, as Graham says especially as you took it in Tesco's.

Thanks Susie :)

Hi Judi, great loud colours there a little soft as has been mentioned but a nice idea (y)
Thanks Allan :)

HI Judi, lovely colours in there but it all seems out of focus on my monitor?
thanks Craig you are right they are a little oof :)

I have to agree. Nice and bright, though.
Thanks Andy :)

Nice and loud! Colours and saturation perfect just a tad OOF/moving? (As others have noted). It's the only thing which is letting it down for me... great otherwise!
You are correct Paul sadly oof thanks for commenting :)

Loud - nice take for the theme, the flowers look very loud. My only crit is they seem oof.
Comes from trying to get a sneaky picture without any one noticing, and not taking time to check camera settings. thank Mandy :)

Vertical - Nice idea for the theme. The pattern of the leaves on #1 is working better for me

Yum - What else for this theme but yum-yums. Haven't had any for ages. A nice couple of shots. I prefer the composition of #2 although would have liked just the fraction more of the plate in the frame

Loud - Those flowers definitely are loud. For some reason some supermarkets seem to sell even worse than these. It does appear a bit oof to me but as a photograph it's nice and colourful.
Thanks Peter :)

HI Judi

Loud colorful flowers indeed....agree with other comment's re a small crop & the slight oof/motion blur ? Maybe try again but up the ISO to compensate for lack of light ?
Thanks Lynne :)

Hi Judi

reminds of a Miss Marple type scene.....all the elements work really well together , like how you've placed them , good exposure, good DOF & nicely sharp :clap:
Crit....just a smidge on the squiff....needs a little cw rotation ( the parasol upright is leaning left) . I quite like the tea being poured but wonder if it might have worked better ( just been different) with the pot on the table :thinking:

Lovely shot though :clap:
Thank you Lynne :)

Hi Judi ...
A really nice composition there, I like the addition of the sunhat, book and glasses....I also really like the tea pouring from the spout.......I would have been so tempted to clone out the hand :)
It's good to see you back.
thanks Susie, I think that it would have been difficult to clone my hand out, not enough of the right coloured bit around :)

Ha Ha this is fun and very welcoming after a long hot day just my cup of tea Judi! :clap:
Thank you carol :)

Hi Judi, how very English, i think I prefer the first one with the teapot action though both work, a nicely staged image :clap:
Thanks Allan :)

You clever girl they are wonderful my daughter wants the rabbit btw, I would say very on theme but would have prefered a different background as its a bit distracting

You clever girl they are wonderful my daughter wants the rabbit btw, I would say very on theme but would have prefered a different background as its a bit distracting

Thanks Carol unfortunately too heavy for me to move, I did move the rabbit in he's on wheels, I did manage to clone out my reflection in the french window, my great Grandson gives him a hug every time he is over :)

IMG_2538a by 1 Jude, on Flickr

Back