weekly Kerioaks 2013-52 - Electrickery added (post 150 Page 5)

Season is clever but the first tree is separated from the other trees and the boxes they are in are all slightly different sizes and not a fan of the huge black frame. all this sort of ruins what could be a great pic

Hi, Like it. I miss the gap, Allan didn't. What makes the photograph :thinking:, is the falling leaves in the 3rd one.

Good thinking under restricted circumstances.

Cheers.

i like the falling leaves very nice touch, only crit would be the top tree is separated from the others and the bottom tree box is a little bit bigger, apart from that a lovely pic that i feel should be hanging on my wall and on theme too well done

Well done, great effort.

Would only echo what the others have picked up on, but given the learning curve it's a sterling effort - particularly pic 3 with the falling leaves (y)

Great idea when you can't get out, just a few tweaks as already brought up but still shows some polished pp skills (y)

I really really like Season, very clean and simple - extremely well done.

Poor Christine, bet the weather's not helping it either. Great take on this weeks theme - all 4 seasons captured. (y)

I think the frame works - you could cut it out and hang it up. Obvious about the boxes already said... unless there was a reason for separating the first and second?

And if you've learned something - it wasn't time wasted!

Fabulous again Christine. I also really like it, worth a wall mount. Nothing else I can add, superb.

Agree with above comments re the spacing etc
Absolutely love the idea and you can work on the minor faults to create a fantastic set of seasons
Very clever idea, great to see original thinking and I'm guessing you learned a lot, everyones a winner (y)

Hi Christine

Sin - thoughtfully composed and lots of detail, texture and colour

Season - very clever and well handled. (y) Very nice touch with the falling leaves in autumn and snow on ground in winter.

Thanks Alan

Season is clever but the first tree is separated from the other trees and the boxes they are in are all slightly different sizes and not a fan of the huge black frame. all this sort of ruins what could be a great pic

Thanks for your critique Allan - I think I had reached the stage of not being able to see it any longer for looking, should have spaced them better. I like the frame, which was why I included it, and would be what I might choose if hanging it on my wall.

Hi, Like it. I miss the gap, Allan didn't. What makes the photograph :thinking:, is the falling leaves in the 3rd one.

Good thinking under restricted circumstances.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy - did well photographing those fallling leaves didin't I :D

i like the falling leaves very nice touch, only crit would be the top tree is separated from the others and the bottom tree box is a little bit bigger, apart from that a lovely pic that i feel should be hanging on my wall and on theme too well done

Thanks Nicholas - I should have taken more care with the spacing :bang:

Well done, great effort.

Would only echo what the others have picked up on, but given the learning curve it's a sterling effort - particularly pic 3 with the falling leaves (y)

Thanks for looking and commenting Dave.

Great idea when you can't get out, just a few tweaks as already brought up but still shows some polished pp skills (y)

Thank you, I did wonder if I would get some flack for it not being a photo but this is a challenge and I want to earn more about what I can do in photoshop so think it might just about count.

I really really like Season, very clean and simple - extremely well done.

Thanks John

Season - like the idea!

Thanks Alan

Crit mentioned by others - but the Technique looks great - would love to be able to do that (y)

Thanks Dean - yup, agree with the spacing crit, like everything else just takes practice.

I really like that! The choice of colours is great and would look very good on a wall! Interesting technique that.

Thanks Michael

Poor Christine, bet the weather's not helping it either. Great take on this weeks theme - all 4 seasons captured. (y)

I think the frame works - you could cut it out and hang it up. Obvious about the boxes already said... unless there was a reason for separating the first and second?

And if you've learned something - it wasn't time wasted!

I learned quite a bit Graham - that Illustrator is a frustrating programme to learn (and I have given myself the 30 days to get the basics) but taking what you make there into Photoshop might make life interesting

Id put this on my wall really like it! Well done!

Thanks Lee

Fabulous again Christine. I also really like it, worth a wall mount. Nothing else I can add, superb.

Thanks Dave - maybe I should sell prints :D

Agree with above comments re the spacing etc
Absolutely love the idea and you can work on the minor faults to create a fantastic set of seasons
Very clever idea, great to see original thinking and I'm guessing you learned a lot, everyones a winner (y)

Thanks Bruce, yes, did learn a lot - there always seems to be more to learn!

Love your take on the theme, something similar was my first thought on this week's theme. What's great is that all of them can stand as a single picture, put together to generate a meaning.

really like this.. the boxes already mentioned.. I like the frame, works well and would look great up on a wall

Hi Christine...never heard of illustrator :thinking:

I do really like the result though....even the gap between all the shots & you've got a frame worthy image there (y)

Great work Christine (y)
Minor crit already mentioned, so no need for me to go there. Under your circumstances, you've done well to get an image in which is bang on theme and very creative.
I think you've hit the nail on the head in saying this is a challenge, it's a personal challenge so I think your submission this week is a lateral take on that fact. It's your 52 after all.
Great pp skills and a worthy wall hanger as a result. :) Iain

Love your take on the theme, something similar was my first thought on this week's theme. What's great is that all of them can stand as a single picture, put together to generate a meaning.

Thanks Wuyan, were you going to do photo or illustration - would be interested to see others illustrations

really like this.. the boxes already mentioned.. I like the frame, works well and would look great up on a wall

Thanks Michelle

Hi Christine...never heard of illustrator :thinking:

I do really like the result though....even the gap between all the shots & you've got a frame worthy image there (y)

Thanks Lynne - Illustrator is basically a vector creation programme I think - you can download a 30 day trial and there are free tutorials available (on PS, LR, Illustrator etc) until 31st January at http://en.elephorm.com/illustrator-cs6-training/what-illustrator.html#video

Great work Christine (y)
Minor crit already mentioned, so no need for me to go there. Under your circumstances, you've done well to get an image in which is bang on theme and very creative.
I think you've hit the nail on the head in saying this is a challenge, it's a personal challenge so I think your submission this week is a lateral take on that fact. It's your 52 after all.
Great pp skills and a worthy wall hanger as a result. :) Iain

Thanks Iain, as one of my challenges this year is to really work on my pp and creative skills I might be doing more of these rather than photos - as most of my photos I take for processing purposes anyway at the moment :)

My original idea for Gravity was the gravity of the situation and this was the sketch of the idea I was working on, If I get enough hours to spare I might continue it:

gravity1.jpg

then I was looking out of the window and watching the birds and spotted the Mistle (I think) Thrush on the rowan at the far side of the garden and as they don't normally come within camera distance grabbed quite a few shots including this one where altering the balance of gravity resulted in it getting covered in snow. As visibility was poor and distance long this is a heavy crop and played with in PS but not for as long as the original idea would have taken.

IMG_4742.jpg

Last edited:
That's a lovely shot, I particularly like how the combination of surprised looking right eye and straight left leg make it look as if it's a moment of panic :D

The muted tones and the berries work really well together :)

really lovely shot. Nice focus with blurred background and disturbance of snow as well giving the impression that the bird had just landed:clap:

wonderful shot.. like the snow falling on to it, nice subtle tones.. like your processing

I was thinking along the same lines as your initial idea.. gravity of the situation.. didn't get anywhere with it tho :)

Great work on your gravity submission Christine.
Lots of detail in the birds feathers for a cropped image.
Lovely colour tone in there too and your processing works well to concentrate the viewers eye on the main subject. Good work all round. Iain

That's a cracking shot, would have been great for the last theme too. If I was deliberately looking hard for something to change, I'd maybe lose the flake of snow over the eye, but that's it.

Not really on theme for me. It's a seasonal winter photo. It's a photo of a bird in a tree.

Hi, Christine, cracker there. Great muted thes,eye contact, berry in birds mouth, nice soft border, falling snow, and catchlights :D

Always like to leave some crit, but one found.

Cheer.

That's a lovely shot, I particularly like how the combination of surprised looking right eye and straight left leg make it look as if it's a moment of panic :D

The muted tones and the berries work really well together :)

Thanks Jamie, that snow over its eye really gives a panicky feel doesn't it

I really like this shot too, love the tones. Beautiful!

Thanks Puckers

bird pic is excellent, nice colour, nicely timed :clap:

Thank you Allan

really lovely shot. Nice focus with blurred background and disturbance of snow as well giving the impression that the bird had just landed:clap:

Thanks Mandy - it was picking the berries and that disturbed the snow - it did not look impressed

Yep... well captured action, works for season again too (y)

Thanks Dean - think any picture taken outside would work for season at the moment :)

wonderful shot.. like the snow falling on to it, nice subtle tones.. like your processing

I was thinking along the same lines as your initial idea.. gravity of the situation.. didn't get anywhere with it tho :)

Thanks Michelle - I did want to do something different than falling for gravity but I could not resist this shot and did some processing on it instead

Great work on your gravity submission Christine.
Lots of detail in the birds feathers for a cropped image.
Lovely colour tone in there too and your processing works well to concentrate the viewers eye on the main subject. Good work all round. Iain

Thanks Iain, it was a very cropped image and between lots of obstacles so I felt lucky to have got it, pleased you feel the processing worked.

That's a cracking shot, would have been great for the last theme too. If I was deliberately looking hard for something to change, I'd maybe lose the flake of snow over the eye, but that's it.

Thanks Nick - did think about that but feel it adds to the surprised feel

Not really on theme for me. It's a seasonal winter photo. It's a photo of a bird in a tree.

Thanks for looking and commenting Carl - it is a bird in a tree that has just plucked a berry disturbing the snow which has fallen on it - force of gravity. I feel it fits the theme but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I know not everyone likes bird pictures :)

Hi, Christine, cracker there. Great muted thes,eye contact, berry in birds mouth, nice soft border, falling snow, and catchlights :D

Always like to leave some crit, but one found.

Cheer.

Thanks Andy - I really planted that tree in the hope that we would get waxwings (remote hope but there) but it was great seeing and catching a picture of the thrush anyway, hoping it will come back today while weather is better

That's a lovely shot
Reminds me I've not fed my little garden flock today

Hi Christine

Gravity - I too had thought of the 'gravity of the situation' as a shot but no idea what to do , so yours is an excellent idea, partic using your first two shots and bringing them together for the third theme. Inspired thinking :clap:

The bird shot I like a lot - muted colours generally with the highlights of the berries - a real sense of movement and having to hang on before gravity takes over. Just that bit of snow over the bird's right eye detracts from the image.

Hi Christine. Bird nicely caught disturbing the snow for this week's shot. I like the simple colour palette.

Going back in time... your sin images get more and more gruesome, but I love the thought (or should I be worried) and creativity you've put in to them.

Season - crit's already been mentioned, but your four images are simple and exquisite (y)

Hi Christine - nice shot of the bird on the tree - as you say it's quite a heavy crop - I think it might work better by moving the bird to the right a bit, and then including all of the berries on the left - and possibly down to attach the branch (s)he's sat on to the trunk.

Love the falling / flying snow too!

Just to say I think the thrush shot is great too. Clearly a tiny moment of panic for the poor thing!

That's a lovely shot
Reminds me I've not fed my little garden flock today

Thanks Bruce, mine get quite noisy if there is nothing there. They are a bit cross today as I am not filling all the feeders as there is so much on the ground - the nuthatch has a habit of empting them to find just the right bit

Hi Christine

Gravity - I too had thought of the 'gravity of the situation' as a shot but no idea what to do , so yours is an excellent idea, partic using your first two shots and bringing them together for the third theme. Inspired thinking :clap:

The bird shot I like a lot - muted colours generally with the highlights of the berries - a real sense of movement and having to hang on before gravity takes over. Just that bit of snow over the bird's right eye detracts from the

Thanks Alan, pleased you noticed what I was intending and the link, not had time to do it this week though

Hi Christine. Bird nicely caught disturbing the snow for this week's shot. I like the simple colour palette.

Going back in time... your sin images get more and more gruesome, but I love the thought (or should I be worried) and creativity you've put in to them.

Season - crit's already been mentioned, but your four images are simple and exquisite (y)

Thanks Darrren - I don't normally do gruesome images so they are departure from my normal themes

Hi Christine - nice shot of the bird on the tree - as you say it's quite a heavy crop - I think it might work better by moving the bird to the right a bit, and then including all of the berries on the left - and possibly down to attach the branch (s)he's sat on to the trunk.

Love the falling / flying snow too!

Thanks Graham - sadly I can't move the crop without lots of work as it was not a clear line of sight, there were other things between that tree and me

Hi Christine

given the conditions you describe I think thats a lovely shot of a bird I've never seen....love the colors against the red berries & it does look like he/she's holding on in fear of falling :)

Thanks Lynne, I have seen them in the distance but not until I got a photo could I identify song or mistle - think I have them the right way around

Just to say I think the thrush shot is great too. Clearly a tiny moment of panic for the poor thing!

Thanks Brian

Now waiting to see what is in store for us tomorrow!

Back