weekly Lukas's 52 for 2015

@lukas82

Hi Lukas,
Spotted this in the photos only thread and noticed that you hadn't set up your own thread for your challenge yet - so I took the liberty of creating a thread for you here ;)
Since the OP is still in your name, you should be able to edit it however you want to if you'd like to change the title or add any more information to the first post.

And that's an absolutely beautiful start to the challenge too.
Stunning shot, love the angle, love the patterns and I'm really taken in by the sparkles in the sand.

Last edited:
The dream of distant shores is beckoning with this shot. The pattern of the sand takes me straight to the horizon with the possibility of sun.

HI Lukas & welcome to the madhouse that is the 52's challenge :wave:

Lovely start image , very calming to look at :)

So......are you from sunnier climes or is this an archive image ? Only asking as wonder if I should be green eyed at where you live :D

Nice but makes me think I need a warm sunny holiday ;)
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Welcome to 2015 52s Lukas - a great image to start off with (y) With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Really like the patterns in the sand. Definite relaxed feel to the whole thing :)

Now that is my idea of bliss where was it taken?

Oh and on my phone the link to this thread in the post your pictures here tread takes you to a different thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed a freebee Tilt-Shift prog a couple of years ago, couldn't get any decent results, gave up and uninstalled it.

It works to good effect here Lukus. (y)

Nice use of the tilt/shift effect. Not all subjects lend themselves to it but this is a good example of it working. Nice bright colours as well.

Lukas, that is a superb shot for Bliss. I love the overall effect you've achieved with the wide angle view and the TS: it makes it look (to me) like a model set with die cast cars or something... really smart take. Great contrast and saturation (just right... not too much) and I don't mind that the horizon isn't level as for me that adds slightly to the shot.

It kind of looks like you've shot it with a large format camera onto Velvia... really punchy and one of the best examples of TS I've seen (y)

Two great shots to start off your challenge, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Back