weekly Nat's 52 - 2014 - I'm out

Hi
Lovely colours in 'line', nice abstract.
Prefer edited rain drop shot.
Like 'bubble' think blue works well. Interested in how you got the 'dusting of icing sugar' effect if you understand what I mean

Nice take on the theme most of the bubbles seem a little soft to me, the colour off the blue does work well great attempt.
There isn't much depth of field when you're shooting at such close range at f4.2, so there was never any chance of them all being in focus (same problem as with the snowdrop photo!). The main concern when I was shooting this was making sure the background stayed OoF. It's a tiny section of a bird's wing on a magazine cover.

Hi
Lovely colours in 'line', nice abstract.
Prefer edited rain drop shot.
Like 'bubble' think blue works well. Interested in how you got the 'dusting of icing sugar' effect if you understand what I mean
They are tiny air bubbles that got trapped in the oil when I stirred the water. It was not something I planned, but I thought they illustrated the theme quite well.
Thanks for your comments :)

Hi Nathalie

this was my 1st thought as well...have tried it before without much any success so going to have another bash tomorrow....however , I suspect it'll not turn out as well as your's . Love the icy color & the shapes of the bubbles....:clap:

Hi, really good colour in there and it looks sharp to me and plenty of bubbles there too
nothing to fault i like it (y)

I like this lots Nat (y), very clear image, different sized bubbles, 100's of tiny ones, great colour, good background (y)

Beautiful, Delicate, Interesting, did I say Beautiful :)
This really appeals to me.

Very nice image for 'Close' - I really like macro shots, and the 'Bubble' image looks very interesting!

Nice job for bubbles, millions of the things there.

Colour works really well too.

5/52 - Smoke
by C Fredriksson, on Flickr

Week 5 - Smoke

Incense smoke trails.

Some of you may remember I attempted this before (for my Photo52 in 2012). Anyway, I wanted something that was better, or at least different, to what I had taken previously. Composition wise it is different, but the way this works that's pretty much down to luck... I do think I've got a tad more depth of field too - a consequence of having to use a different lens.

The sad truth is I couldn't even remember how to set the flash up... :LOL:

Another great image Nat (y)as with your last, I love the colour of this one too :). How do you colour the smoke, pp? :thinking:

Another great image Nat (y)as with your last, I love the colour of this one too :). How do you colour the smoke, pp? :thinking:
Thanks, Phil. Straight out of camera, the smoke was pale blue. I played around with the hue & saturation in Photoshop until I found something I liked.

Bang on theme, well composed, cracking detail and the colour works well.

Crit, well, and this isn't easy to say, but it's been done before...but maybe you want to improve ....hmmmmm....hope you take this the right way (y)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Nice colours and nice and sharp - I might try this myself if I get time this week - but need to google it first.

Bang on theme, well composed, cracking detail and the colour works well.

Crit, well, and this isn't easy to say, but it's been done before...but maybe you want to improve ....hmmmmm....hope you take this the right way (y)

Cheers.
I hear what you're saying Andy but I'm pretty much a n00b when it comes to using off camera flash and this was a good opportunity for a refresher. There will be more weeks like this, where I photograph things I have photographed before or use a technique previously used. Obviously, taking the exact same photo again would be pointless... In any case, I would rather have a pretty and/or interesting image of a subject I have shot before, than a below average image of a new subject that I personally find utterly uninspiring. Maybe I should make this year's 52 a closeup/abstract only challenge!

Back