weekly Nat's 52 - 2014 - I'm out

super colours - super swirly bits, and I like the bright flash(es) of white in there too

The sharpeness and swirls make this a winner....I'm positive that achieving a better example of this type of shot is not possible...

For added abstact factor you could consider cropping / flipping horizontal or vertical etc...

Good work Nat!

Hi Nathalie
Just getting round to including more in my views - so many aren't there?
Line - like the idea, the comp and the colours
Close - sharp where it needs to be , good water drops and colur and super b/g
Bubble - sharp , lots of bubbles and great colour - very calming feel to it
Smoke - beautiful silky feeling , good swirl and small highlights. Good tone and colour

Really good set of shots and you have a real feel for colour and tone - that shines thro. (y)

I have the whole weekend off for a change - Yay!! I know what I want to do for Mineral -- I just hope the weather will allow for it. Also should be able to get my Play shot done.

7/52 - Sense
by C Fredriksson, on Flickr

Sense of spring. For me, the arrival of the crocuses mean spring is not far... even if it didn't feel like spring at all today! The sun peeked out from behind the rainclouds briefly and I really liked the light.

I had a few options for this, including a closer up crocus shot which I also like, but it to me it didn't convey the feeling of spring as well as the wider angle shot. Plus I figure I do enough closeup stuff as it is.

Edit: Link to 2nd image removed.

Last edited:
I prefer the first one although I would have liked an even wider shot. Very nice colours and a true sense of spring.

Much prefer the second image, there is to much going on in the 1st image and therefor no focal point (nothing for your eye to settle on)

2nd for me Nat, great pov, dof (y)........... sense of spring? let hope so :)

Thanks, but the second image is only there to illustrate that I didn't opt for the closeup / shallow DoF that I normally would. I do think it's a nicer picture, but not for the theme.

Hi Nathalie

Yayy...that picture makes me feel good....finally some signs that better weather should be on the way :) Like the low POV & the color's are my favorite's & whilst I know you only posted the 2nd image to show you went for a different to normal take...I do prefer it....mainly because I prefer close up's with shallow DOF as well (y)

Hi, second one for me too though I know its not your official entry , I like the isolation of them and it does give me the sense of spring you were looking for

I'm not going to pretend that I was inspired by the theme, because I was not. I liked it less than I did in 2012! But I did have this one idea and today was the day.

Unfortunately, because it wasn't pouring down, the place was heaving. Kids everywhere. It was almost impossible to get a frame without people in it. I stood around waiting for the sun to come out for ages, only to have it spoilt by this one family who decided to camp on 'my' rock for five minutes, until the sun disappeared.

Anyway, I did quite like this, because it's simple and clean, it has nice colours - and then there's the birds too, which add a sense of scale.

I did take mostly wide angle shots, but none of them did anything for me, partly because of the light.

Not inspired and not particularly happy, but at least this one is done and out of the way!!

Edit: I keep changing my mind... :p Sticking with this now though.

Untitled
by C Fredriksson, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the first sense picture, especially if I sit back from the screen a bit :)
Good DOF and nice colours.

I like the 2nd picture you have of the sense flowers here.
It's less busy (unlike my photo, mind!) but I think it's framed really well and kinda minimal. Good going.

#2 for me on the Sense shot. I like the focus on the group of crocuses in this shot whereas #1 doesn't have a focal point

Hi
Second sense (like droplet of water on flower) and second mineral shots for me. I love the one on your flickr of the group of open flowers :clap:

Sense - Your 2nd image has disappeared on this thread but is on the "no comments" one. I have to say I much prefer that one. Nice and sharp one the few at the front and the combination of a shallow DoF and the grass around this small group isolates the subjects really well. I do like it

Mineral - Brimham Rocks is a great location but like you I've struggled with inspiration there. As you've pointed out the addition of the birds gives a sense of scale.

Back