NickDs 52 for 2022 - Week 52 - Showcase.

Like this clever little shot Nick, if I had not read what you said I would of thought where is a square.

Thanks!
It is maybe a bit of a stretch at first glance, but they're definitely there.

Yep, meets the challenge. May also be some on the fretboard.

Cheers!
True! the distance between the not and the first fret is close to square.

Apologies for my tardiness, I've been at the seaside with the kids and no WiFi.

LOL, that made me laugh Nick. Good shot.

Thanks!
Sometimes you've got to take what's available to you and make it fit. :p

Was wondering where the square came in. Nice one.

Cheers!
'undreds of 'em!
I do enjoy wandering around with the drawn theme in my head, looking for anything that might fit.

Not really a catch up, as both of these were taken in the appropriate weeks, but being away I've only just got around to putting them in.

Week 34 - Small.

Sadly this one was taken before the shadows tech was drawn, or I'd have put it in for that too, as I like the shadows my son's shaggy hair creates. We spent a lot of time exploring rock pools, something I used to love when I was a boy, and turned up a few of these. I have no idea whether they're just tiny crabs, or younger big crabs, but found them fascinating nonetheless.

Tiny by Nick, on Flickr

Week 35 - Snappers Choice.

My favourite shot of the week I think, shot in the Classic Chrome film simulation to try and give it a bit of a vintage feel. My daughter wandering out to sea.

Gone Fishing by Nick, on Flickr

Two nice shots :)

I too like Classic Chrome, but I prefer to shoot RAW then apply it in Lightroom from the embedded recipes.

The cc has yielded nice subtle blues.
Well composed to the "rule of thirds".

Two good "story telling" shots. It looks like you've all been having fun.

Two nice shots :)

I too like Classic Chrome, but I prefer to shoot RAW then apply it in Lightroom from the embedded recipes.

Thanks!
I've been shooting with it a lot recently, but I do take the RAW too in case i need to fix something or fancy going to town on a particular image.

The cc has yielded nice subtle blues.
Well composed to the "rule of thirds".

Cheers!
I do like what CC does to the blues. I didn't really consider any composition rules, but I do find that when something feels balanced it usually conforms to one of them.

Two lovely shots Nick.

Thank you!
We got lucky with the weather and the light. I was relatively pleased with all the holiday snaps.

Two good "story telling" shots. It looks like you've all been having fun.

Thanks!
Documenting their story was the whole reason I bought my first DLSR when my first-born came along. We had a great time.

Both really nice. the Snappers Choice image, rendered in Classic Chrome, is stunning, it has a lovely simplicity and the film simulation works so well with it.

That is a tiny crab! It could have fitted the dappled light tech too, except you've obviously already had that sorted.

I really like the snapper's choice. Your daughter's outfit stand out well and her net even matches the boat hull. Lovely summerly feel to it.

Small: I thought that it was a spider at first...brrrrrr.... Good shot Nick.
Snapper's Choice: Wonderful shot. Love the processing that the story that is there for the viewer to interpret.

2 good shots Nick especially the one of your daughter.

Pete

Thanks!
To be fair I had quite a choice, with three of them off in different directions getting up to different things.

Both really nice. the Snappers Choice image, rendered in Classic Chrome, is stunning, it has a lovely simplicity and the film simulation works so well with it.

Cheers!
Obviously it's not really close to what it's trying to replicate, but I do like Classic Chrome for what it is.

That is a tiny crab! It could have fitted the dappled light tech too, except you've obviously already had that sorted.

I really like the snapper's choice. Your daughter's outfit stand out well and her net even matches the boat hull. Lovely summerly feel to it.

Thank you!
There were loads of those tiny things. I've no idea whether they're tiny crabs of baby versions of more regular crabs, but the kids were fascinated.
I'd not even noticed the colour of the net, but now you've pointed it out, so it is!

Small: I thought that it was a spider at first...brrrrrr.... Good shot Nick.
Snapper's Choice: Wonderful shot. Love the processing that the story that is there for the viewer to interpret.

Thanks!
Adding to the snappers choice story for me, which I didn't notice until I got it on a screen, is that the boat is called 'Our Joe', which is how I'd usually refer to my youngest brother.

Week 36 - Scape.

I'm not 100% whether this is a landscape, a city scape a sky scape (is that even a thing?), or none of the above. Either way, I'm behind, my car is in the garage having the power steering fixed (hopefully), and I'm going nowhere near the city, or 'MournHub', as it's currently known, until all of this is over, so I grabbed what I could from where I could. Regardless of what it is, I kinda like the shot, taken from Bentley priory, overlooking Wembley and the edge of the city, I liked how the city was nestled in the trees. Wider shots didn't work as the buildings got lost, so I had to narrow the angle a little.

Nestled by Nick, on Flickr

Nice looking through the the trees towards the city scape.

Thanks!
It's one of those shots where the composition is laid out for you if you're in the right place.

Works for me Nick.

Cheers!
I'm relatively happy with it. I've never been sure of the 'scape' rules anyway.

Great perspective Nick, a citylandscape...

Thank you!
Looks like I've invented a new kind of scape! :ROFLMAO:

Different scapes there Nick, nice colour to the sky.

Pete

Thanks!
The colours were good on that day. There's something about autumn light.

Week 37 - Looking Up.

I had to go into the office yesterday, on the edge of the concrete jungle so I had a fair bit of choice. I chose this one in the end as I like the (almost) symmetry.

Airline by Nick, on Flickr

Nice image, really good perspective and the mono pp works perfectly. Nicely spotted

As Jim says its a really good perspective.
Very nicely centrally aligned, plus the mono suits it.

Yep - that's a belter :)

Nice image, really good perspective and the mono pp works perfectly. Nicely spotted

Thanks!
I half had the image in my head on the way into work, thinking about potential shots. Glad it worked out.

As Jim says its a really good perspective.
Very nicely centrally aligned, plus the mono suits it.

Cheers!
If I look hard it's not quite symmetrical, but it will do.

Nicely framed and I like the mono treatment.

Thank you!
The sky wasn't really up to much, and I knew the mono conversion would help.

Lovely shot Nick, works very well.

Thanks!
It all came together in the end, although I did have to clone a tree from the bottom right to keep it clean.

Yep - that's a belter :)

Cheers!
It was just there waiting to be taken.

Looking Up - Well spotted and picking the "decisive moment", the processing really suits it, with a good level of detail at the top.

Looking Up - Well spotted and picking the "decisive moment", the processing really suits it, with a good level of detail at the top.

Thanks!
I did experiment with timing, but found that the shot where all the cars lined up worked best.

Week 38 - Electrical.

Greenwich Council - "We'd better put a warning sign on that electrical box so people keep away".
Also Greenwich Council - "But paint it in a bright and attractive pattern, so people go over to see what it is".

Warning by Nick, on Flickr

Nice angle.
As you say, the colours are likely to attract people but really they need to stay away.

Bonkers councils FTW lol.

That's certainly a colourful box. They must have some seriously artistic council workers!

Typical non joined up thinking, but what can you expect from councils.

BTY nice colours.

Pete

Two great shots Nick
Looking up: really like the perspective and the processing, very well composed
Electric: great capture

Nice angle.
As you say, the colours are likely to attract people but really they need to stay away.

Thanks!
I wanted to get enough of the background to give it context, but a wider, square on shot didn't work.

Bonkers councils FTW lol.

I'd love to have been in the meeting when this was decided!:p

That's certainly a colourful box. They must have some seriously artistic council workers!

For some reason all the hardware in that little area is like this. Greenwich council, putting the fun in danger since 2014!

Typical non joined up thinking, but what can you expect from councils.

BTY nice colours.

Pete

Cheers!
The colours are great, they almost compliment the warning sign.

great juxtaposition

Thank you!
It stood out a mile.

Two great shots Nick
Looking up: really like the perspective and the processing, very well composed
Electric: great capture

Thanks!
My back is still not right after arching to get 'looking up'... I suffered for that composition!:D

Back