weekly Nortdog's TP52 For 2014 - Week 27 Rich

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
hi everybody, this will be my first time joining the 52's and really looking forward to the challenge! Ive looked at past years challenges and there's been some very creative interpretations of the themes, hope i can live up to the past examples!!

Yooohooo....Hi ya & welcome to the madhouse that is the 52's :wave:

You're local to me as well......I'm over in Rotherham ( but don't hold that against me ! )

ps....I'm not gonna spend the entire year calling you Nortdog....so is ND ok or can we know your real name ?

Best of luck & look forward to seeing your images (y)

Haha, sorry it's Adam. I didn't realise I'd left that blank in the details bit! Thanks, I'm wanting to improve my camera technique an figured this challenge would be the perfect way to try! Will the weeks themes be the same as last year do you know?

Haha, sorry it's Adam. I didn't realise I'd left that blank in the details bit! Thanks, I'm wanting to improve my camera technique an figured this challenge would be the perfect way to try! Will the weeks themes be the same as last year do you know?

Nice to meet you Adam :)

God I hope the theme's aren't the same ( though I suspect some will duplicate ) , there's been a couple of toughies this year but funnily enough I can't actually think of them now !

I've just spotted Sarah's thread about the new year, the themes will be random so should be good news for you!

Hello Adam, first time for me too, good luck (y)

well this is my first post to kick things off with the ODD theme. Does anybody know how to change the thread title to include the themes each week??
IMG_6967
by Nortdog, on Flickr

Last edited:
top right above your 1st post, click thread tools and change your title from there.

Maybe a tad more light for me, but the orange still stands out quite well.
Great start like your take on the theme, to change the title click on the tab thread tools at the top off the page and that will allow you to edit the tittle each week.
Thanks guys for the feedback and pointing me in the right direction for the title!

Nice start.

Although the apples look a little dark the orange stands out well, I like it as it is.

Thanks mark. I agree it cud do with a bt more light to bring the apples out more.

I would have brightened the orange more but i love the use of light all round.
Ye I was tempted to do that but didn't want to end up with it too in your face, so in the end left it subtle and used DOF instead.

Now this I like. Very subtle lighting and well composed. Like the low angle and moody look of the photograph.

As said, a tiny bit more light may have added more punch.

I like how the storks are pointing in as if the apples are readying to attack the orange.

Did you light paint the fruit.

Cheers.

Thanks Mark, Ye I pointed the storks inward to try and draw in to the orange, didn't think anybody would notice tho! It was lit with off camera flash just to the right bounced off the ceiling an set at 1/64th power.

Hi Adam, I really like that I think there is enough light but i do like a dark image.
excellent start :clap:

Thanks Lynne. I was a bit nervous starting this challenge, looking at last years the standard from everyone was really high so wasn't sure I'd be able to live up to it an hearing people like the first one helps with confidence :)

Adam, I like it, as said above, good start :) its not just the colour, but the texture of the orange stands out well too (y)

Last edited:
This is a great take on the theme. I'd thought about doing one with Pears but this is a much better interpretation. It does look dark but I think that actually adds to the image.

Looking forward to seeing your future shots.

Adam, I like it, as said above, good start :) its not just the colour, but the texture of the orange stands out well too (y)
This is a great take on the theme. I'd thought about doing one with Pears but this is a much better interpretation. It does look dark but I think that actually adds to the image.

Looking forward to seeing your future shots.
Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Hi Adam - Welcome to the 52 :)

Your first shot... I too would have prefered it a bit lighter, but as said, the orange stands out very well, AND that's how you wanted the shot... so, nice clean blacks and liking the lighting, cracking start start(y)
I like the vintage tones and classic still life look to this. The focused lighting on the madarin (subject) is perfect
Thanks guys for your crit, all helps a lot for the next 1! :)

This is one of my favourite pics on the thread ...I really like the dark lighting....it can change depending on what source people use to view it so it may look a little too dark to some even if it's not...I have noticed this myself with some of mine.
A smashing start :)

like it very much Nortdog ... my favourite "odd" so far ... I think.

well ive gone in a completely different direction with this to what i first thought id do, which was take a photo with lines somewhere in it. my thought behind this one was 'linear movement'. cheers guys.

IMG_7105
by Nortdog, on Flickr

Hi Adam

cracking image ( this is becoming a habit of yours :D ) like the positioning of the arrows & the reflection...in fact I like everything about it ....top shot mister ( no pun intended ) :clap:

2 very minor niggles ( it is me being picky ) the small white spotjust under the tip of the lower arrow & the other one where the shaft joins the bit you hold ( if you get my drift ?) I know they are reflections but maybe clone them out ?

Would love to know what you use as the base ? Black card under glass ?

Thanks Lynne, that's nice to hear. Ye I completely agree with the reflections, that's all I can see now! :banghead: The backdrop is the top of a cabinet in my living room that is smoked glass. Black card under normal glass would look exactly the same though.

Back