weekly Nortdog's TP52 For 2014 - Week 27 Rich

Thanks for the comments guys. No there's not many people let using there's now. I still prefer vinyl decks for mixing rather than CDR's or MP3. Old Skool!

Great choice for this weeks challenge I like the idea just a shame they are a magnet for dust. :clap:

what is it ? lol been a long time since I seen one of then dust has been mentioned cant really comment on light painting as i not got a clue what it means but on theme

Craig
Thanks Craig. For light painting I just set this up then turned the lights off in the room and just "painted" the light onto the bit of the subject I wanted lit with a tourch. In this case I used a small mag light.

'Play' Lovely pov and lighting - not going to mention the dust. ;)

Gerry

I like this and am a vinyl enthusiast it is fair to say, so this appeals to me even more
The dust doesn't bother me that much, DoF is spot on and th slight vignette works too.

I did a similar shot last year and know it can be tricky trying to get everything looking straight when there are the mixture of straight and curved lines in the shot. Personally in terms of composition, I would have tried to work on rule of thirds in terms of where the cartridge head is placed, for me it's a bit too far to the left, but that's the only crit I have

HI Adam

really like Play , the blue needle head really pops off the screen , the dust adds to the image for me as vinyl attracted dust no matter what you do.....love the turntable coming in lower lhs of frame & the light painting works really well (y)

well this is the week 3 submission for me. I thought of something like this at the weekend and left it. I revisited it last night due to lack of inspiration around the house and the next bit of daylight ill get to play about with will be at the weekend! (dont get home from work untill its dark). Not the most interesting pic but i think its turned out more or less as i had in my head!

IMG_7168
by Nortdog, on Flickr

The lighting on this is superb. Very sharp which has captured the textures really well. I also like the in-your-face composition of the lock. Great shot Adam.

Last edited:
Another (y) from me Adam. The image looks very clear, colours, lighting look great.

Can't say it matters, but I might have been tempted to dry the lock off at the bottom :)

Hi nice colour, nice composition same as above really, i like the vignette, works on this

The lighting on this is superb. Very sharp which has captured the textures really well. I also like the in-your-face composition of the lock. Great shot Adam.
Another (y) from me Adam. The image looks very clear, colours, lighting look great.

Can't say it matters, but I might have been tempted to dry the lock off at the bottom :)
thanks a lot guys. comments like that definatly make me feel that my photography have improved due to this forum :)

agree with the padlock phil, think it would have befitted from being dried at the bottom

Like it. In ya face...well composed and nice, rustic colours.

I'm undecided about the dark RH side :thinking:

Cheers.
Hi nice colour, nice composition same as above really, i like the vignette, works on this
I like this one, it looks dark and mysterious which really suits that chunky looking padlock.
thanks also guys. I left it dark at that side so you didn't wonder too much across the frame and also i wanted to try and make it dark and moody but didn't think id achieve that if i had consistant lighting across the frame.

I like this because of the light and texture. The colour and lighting on the wood have given it a warm feel and that is balanced by the cold metal of the lock.

Not the most interesting pic

I disagree - plenty of interest there, love the colour of the wood too, and the dark bits help reinforce the lighting on the light bits (if that makes sense).

lovely detail in the lock too. and well composed

Hi Adam,
I am still getting around everyone's threads, sorry.
Great start to your 52, I like play, dust and all, that's generally how decks are, are they not?
The splash of blue anchors the viewers eye nicely.
Close, again good work, lots of great detail nicely painted in light (y)

I found this weeks shoot a bit difficult. I thought we may have quite a few similar shots on this theme so I tried to go a bit different, although ive now seen ive been beaten to it by a few! The lighting was difficult to get right on this with there being harsh reflections and flare off the glass :rage:. If i could shoot again i think id try and light it down the left side a bit more as the glass merges with the background a bit too much. Also id back light it more to try and bring out the colour of the beer more.

IMG_7258
by Nortdog, on Flickr

Back