weekly Peter 123's 52 for 2022

Clever!

That made my eyes go funny :ROFLMAO: It's an engaging image. You have to look hard at it to work it out. Works well for the theme.
I hope your back is better soon.

Bicoloured dust! SDS might have been a touch overkill though. :p

Used to be a more common problem here than it is now! 2 reasons for it being less common - #1, I do less drilling these days - I reuse old holes and plugs whenever possible and #2, I use an old A4 letter folded into a triangle and taped up to catch the dust - saves bending down to brush/hoover it up!

Bicoloured dust! SDS might have been a touch overkill though. :p

Used to be a more common problem here than it is now! 2 reasons for it being less common - #1, I do less drilling these days - I reuse old holes and plugs whenever possible and #2, I use an old A4 letter folded into a triangle and taped up to catch the dust - saves bending down to brush/hoover it up!
No I didn’t use SDS. The screws that come with coat racks are short so I drilled deeper to fit longer ones - hence 2 shades of dust.
It’s a new wall so no existing holes.

Oooohh, hope you cleared that up afterwards! I would have been asked why I hadn’t held a dustpan under the drill to catch the dust……

Going a bit far drilling holes in a wall for a photo of dust:D

I try to remember to use a vacuum like Kell does.

Pete

You've caught the theme very well there, very dusty. I tend to find an envelope to stick to the wall underneath the hole. It collects most of the dust, mostly!

Great Picture of a happy occasion Peter.

I have the wedding of my step Grandson next Saturday. It looks like its going to be a hot day

Pete

Dust... brick dust sticks to everything! Fits the bill nicely.
Food.. congratulations to them.. looks like a lovely day.

when I showed them this shot they asked why I didn’t include all of their bodies.
I didn’t have the heart to tell them I was primarily shooting the cake!

Week 33 Square + Tec Dappled light.

I'd been wondering where/how to combine square with dappled light and hey presto I looked out of the window and there it was.
Square trellis with the sun at an angle producing dapple via both the clematis leaves and the trellis squares.

Week 33 Square 3 (1 of 1) by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good set Peter.
Internal: you've chosen the right one, it's an interesting shot with the blades spinning
Square: I think that you should get bonus points for all the squares within the square.

Internal. Good choice of pics, I wouldn’t have known what it was without the explanation. Hope you enjoy the honey.
Square. A nice fit for tech and theme. Works well.

Internal. Some interesting shots. I wouldn't have known what your chosen one was? Are you a bee keeper?
Square. Fits the bill and tech nicely.

Are you a bee keeper?
Yes in my 14th season. I wanted to make sure this new extractor worked before I started spinning honey. It uses centrifugal force to extract from the cells and the honey runs down the inside of the extractor and there is a valve at the bottom.

1. Extractor with electric motor on top to drive the spinning frame.

2. Internal cage holding empty frames (I've chopped the comb out of these frames - this isn't normal.)

3. The frames filled with honey before extraction. I cut off the wax cappings, spin it fast and I have "raw" honey.

Attachments

• Week 32 internal 5 (1 of 1).jpg
    Week 32 internal 5 (1 of 1).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Week 32 internal 6 (1 of 1).jpg
    Week 32 internal 6 (1 of 1).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Week 32 internal 7 (1 of 1).jpg
    Week 32 internal 7 (1 of 1).jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 3
Internal and square both good shots Peter. I'm intrigued by the honey extractor.

Internal and square both good shots Peter. I'm intrigued by the honey extractor.
AS it happens I've been extracting today. A messy business - newspaper on the floor for all the drips.

here is a shot of honey flowing out of the extractor gate into a bucket prior to filtering. The bits you can see are beeswax.

Attachments

• Extraction reduced (1 of 1).jpg
    Extraction reduced (1 of 1).jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 2
Back