weekly Phil-D's TP52 - 2014 week 52 Support added (archive shot)

Thanks Mandy :) I do agree. My problem was, I had a shot in mind and this one wasn't it :D

Hi Phil
Bubble - punchy colours, well composed and lit and really your patience has paid off. I can't believe that you even tried to get bubbles to land in the vicinity of the play doh . well done (y)

The second shot has good impact and I think that i prefer it because the bubble is so much better.

Hi Phil

Think I prefer the original Bubble simply as the bubble is at the side ( it sits better with my OCD ) though the sharper bubble is spot on in the 2nd image....I'd have been tempted to cut & paste it in the 1st shot :rolleyes:

Hi Phil
Bubble - punchy colours, well composed and lit and really your patience has paid off. I can't believe that you even tried to get bubbles to land in the vicinity of the play doh . well done (y)

The second shot has good impact and I think that i prefer it because the bubble is so much better.

both images are very good but the 2nd one wins for me

Well done on bubble, I like

Thanks for the comments, second is definitely sharper...........but you know what its like when you have the image you want in your head :D

Hi Phil

Think I prefer the original Bubble simply as the bubble is at the side ( it sits better with my OCD ) though the sharper bubble is spot on in the 2nd image....I'd have been tempted to cut & paste it in the 1st shot :rolleyes:

Lynne, again, if only my pp skills stretched that far...........I really need to get back to them lessons on youtube :)

Oh now that's better (y)

I prefer the edit. It feels a lot brighter

Thanks Marsha, Peter :)

Hi Phil

That was my first thought as well!! As I found out when taking my shot today bubbles can be a nightmare!!:)

That was my first thought as well!! As I found out when taking my shot today bubbles can be a nightmare!!:)

For me, compared to smoke, bubble was easy :D

Just a bit of fun with this, it'll keep me going till I can do something (hopefully) better ;) Was wanting to do something different :thinking: Playdoh to the rescue, I know I said it would make another appearance in my TP52, but I didn't expect it to be the next week
images

Technically there's nothing I particularly like about it, lighting, bg, crap :LOL:, composition, it'll do. Getting some actual smoke to show I was fairly happy with, but it's nowt to shout about :D

So, do your worst, I can take it :bat: .........:D

Smoked Bacon................2nd image added lower down, thanks :)

smoked bacon
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Last edited:
Like it, however the shadow is a bit suggestive! :exit:

Hey Phil - you've posted a shot, which is the main thing. At least you should be able to do better next week.

I actually quite like him - a piggy with character!

Thank you all very much for your thoughts and comments :)

I wasn't happy with the theme 'smoke/smokey' from the start, I just had that sneaky feeling I was going to struggle
shakehead.gif

I was going to stay with the smoked bacon image, but technically I know its just not good.

So..........tried again tonight and came up with something, that hopefully, is a little better shot :D

I've given it the original title of Smoking Gun :)

Smoking Gun
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice it took me a moment to twig what it was ( tired and in need of a decent nights sleep ) I like this image as well nicely shot and it's smokey. So good on you for having another go at it (y)

Thanks Mandy :) I just had that 'could try harder' feeling.

I've been looking at your smoke shots on flickr, focus and colour look excellent, well done :clap:

Nice interpretation, glad we are at the blunt end!

Nice interpretation, glad we are at the blunt end!

Cheers Martin, I'm certainly happier with this than my first 'smoke' themed image. :)

I did have a go at smoke coming out the other end of the barrels but there was more interest at the 'blunt end' :D

Yes, I had to look at it too for a bit before I got it. Teach me to read captions! Could do with something to bring out the smoke more I think.

Hi works for me, i too have not got on with this subject at all and with so many samey pics its nice to see something different

Very nice photo and different from others on this theme

Thanks Colin :)

Yes, I had to look at it too for a bit before I got it. Teach me to read captions! Could do with something to bring out the smoke more I think.

Thanks mercurius :), it was shot in raw so tweaked in ACR, I did try to bring the smoke out a little more but also wanted a bit of a dark moody look
shrug.gif

Think I had the flash set at -3, that was the only lighting I used. Possibly another light source just for the smoke might have helped? :thinking:

Hi works for me, i too have not got on with this subject at all and with so many samey pics its nice to see something different

Thanks Alan :)

Cheers Mark

Good one Phil, brings back memories seeing a shot gun again (y):clap::clap:

Thank you Judi :) .....................clays, game or bank robber? :D ( sorry, couldn't resist :rolleyes: ) :LOL:

This second smoke image is superb. Just enough of the gun is showing and use the use of the smoke has been well managed. Thumbs up from me.

Good picture, I like this better than the first shot :)

Peter, Andy, thank you :) I agree, I'm glad I re-shot this theme.

Smoking Gun is very well put together and executed. Well done

Thanks Gav

Nice one Phil, it looks really good .... I did think of a gun, but we only have an air rifle :)

Thank you Susie :) getting smoke up the barrels of mi shotgun was bad enough with an incense stick, it would have been a nightmare trying it with an air rifle :)

errrmmm bank robber;) My father was hooked on Clay shooting Phil :)

Just clays for me too these days :) and it still makes photography seem like a cheap hobby! :LOL:

Back