weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Good work on reflection Andy (y)
I like the square crop its a good choice balanced against the subject matter.

I also like your bold choice of having it central in the frame, the symmetry of the scene really works.

No crit to add Andy, its perfect as is, I wouldn't change a thing with it :D

Hi

Can only echo what Iain has said above, great choice for the theme (y)

Cheers all. Bit annoyed at shooting Jpeg as I could have brought more detail back in the sky. Lesson learned :)

And Brian didnt notice my minor cloning ;)

Hi Andy, sorry not commented in a while. Live, I like both versions, the 2nd one slightly taking top spot.

Reflection, super composition and really nice lighting. Juat a shame the seat? on the left is blown.

Cheers, Michael, not sure if I've frequented your thread recently :thinking:

I'll pop over now.

Blown seat indeed.

Cheers.

Really nice reflection shot Andy - love the central composition and the reflection of both the foreground and the sky in one shot!

Cloning?? looked but couldnt see anything (y) (this time) :naughty:

Could fairly easily "borrow" the seat from the other side if you were that worried... But its a reflective object (the seat) on a sunny day - it will be bright!

Really nice reflection shot Andy - love the central composition and the reflection of both the foreground and the sky in one shot!

Cloning?? looked but couldnt see anything (y) (this time) :naughty:

Could fairly easily "borrow" the seat from the other side if you were that worried... But its a reflective object (the seat) on a sunny day - it will be bright!

Cheers. Yeah, I'm happy with this one.

Had a few duffers lately :nono:

Hi, all, well in a caravan at Berwick with Jackie and Isabelle. Off across to Holy Island tomorrow :woot::woot::woot:

Here's hoping for a related topic.

Cheers all.

Chuffing 'ell, what a day! The light on the island was fantastic all day, and when we left around 17:00 and it was getting better. Managed to convince Jackie to stop in a car park just before the causeway to take a few...by convince I mean I sulked :)

Nothing that I could use for this week's theme but I'll do that during the week.

I'll see what I have once downloaded and might post a few. It's been a while since I posted a non TP52 photograph :shake:

Cheers all.

Hellooooo...:wave:

love the reflection shot......almost perfect symmetry , good detail even if it's a jpeg :)bonk:) ,love the colors in the pavement, the blue in the sky & the ...well , the whole thing actually :clap:

I love the fox! The 'caught in the headlights' lighting, the flash in his eyes and the expression. Lovely and sharp, and the off centre composition works really well.

Live has a really nice feel to it, bolstered by the story. I can't help but follow the path out of the shadow into the light. The mono gets it for me, the frame is a nice touch too.

Reflection has lovely colours, and the symmetry is nice. Blackpool prom has come a long way! :)

Hellooooo...:wave:

love the reflection shot......almost perfect symmetry , good detail even if it's a jpeg :)bonk:) ,love the colors in the pavement, the blue in the sky & the ...well , the whole thing actually :clap:

Hi, can't work out impulsive quote via iPad on new forum yet :)

Almost...bugger :)

Cheers, it's good to get a decent one.

I love the fox! The 'caught in the headlights' lighting, the flash in his eyes and the expression. Lovely and sharp, and the off centre composition works really well.

Live has a really nice feel to it, bolstered by the story. I can't help but follow the path out of the shadow into the light. The mono gets it for me, the frame is a nice touch too.

Reflection has lovely colours, and the symmetry is nice. Blackpool prom has come a long way! :)

Cheers, appreciate the FB, the fox was something else...never seen on that close before.

Well. Just spent almost 2 hours on my Melt....and the result was an epic fail :bang:

Ah, well, I'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Cheers.

Not my best week. As above and spend an hour photographing a long exposure of an ice lolly melting only to kick the ruddy tripod at the end :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Last minute.com....rush job.

NB: been a bit lax with comments...ssorrryyyyyyy :)

Week 43 Melt
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Last minute.com....rush job.

The tick is in the box though. (y)

It is 'orrible though.. Was it a fist with an outstretched finger to start off with?? And what's the red bit?

Hi Andy

Its a nice idea and very difficult to pull off but you have made a good attempt at it.
Pity about the ice lolly aint that always the way though

Hi Andy, multi quote is simply a matter of quoting whichever ones you wish individually and it inserts it into the reply box.

You are right to be impressed, I like the image, simple yet effective.

What does Jackie think of having another photographer in the family, if she is anything like her Dad, Isabelle will be up to all sorts of photography shenanigans :LOL:

Hi Andy
I think its about time you retired then :LOL:
Nice work by Isabelle, did she do the PP too.
is she going to join in maybe next year or for the remainder of this year,

HI ya Mr Giddy ( still can't find those blasted smilies !)

Melt.......YUK! where do you get these idea's from ??

Left....looks like you have some competition from Isabelle :) Nice simple idea ,which works really well

Found that smilie by using keyboard didgits...

Hey Andy :)

Soooooo SORRY... looks like I have missed loads of yours, I must have missed it each time I tried catching up previously :thinking: so a quick catch up (in the middle of editing my pics to catch up on my pics too DOH)

Still - Thats a cracking image, the horizon police will be very happy with that too !!! Love the silkyness of the water and the shiny rocks the B&W suits it perfectly too... great one :clap:

Whimsical - What a great expression :D shame her eyes were not a bit brighter, but you have got a great background and the colours stand out nicely!!

Curve - Some how did this one, but was a brief visit by the looks of it :thinking:

Power - That made me chuckle... brings back childhood memories :LOL:

Solitude - Has to be the second shot for me, the building and treeline prominence help the shot, and the moody sky finishes it off nicely (y)

Sweet - Awwweeee bless what a cool shot, love the colours you have brought out, sometimes fox's coats look so dull, the grass is good and bright/moist and great catchlights in its eyes too, nice one matey :clap:

Cut - An unusual shot, would prefer a bit more uniformity, but like the idea, the shadows work well

Live - I prefer the coloured shot, I like the explanation for the shot, and with it the image works well, without it not so sure, although as an image it is very nice

Reflection - Oooooo SHINEY :cool: good reflections on the floor and the whole image is full of colour, I think the square crop suits it also :)

JESUS CHRIST.... really didn't think I was this far behind :(

Melt - Ewwwweeeeee that is creepy, now sure how you do stuff like that, but looks very effective and well executed to me, no idea how you make that a rush job (y)

Left - Awwweee bless her, I think she has done a great job with that :clap:

Melt is 'orrible!... Clever, and well done, but 'orrible! The only little issue I have is with the lack of texture on the droplets, makes them look a little 'stuck on' to me.

Take the camera off your daughter... She's gonna get right on your nerves. Nice work!

Hi Andy, multi quote is simply a matter of quoting whichever ones you wish individually and it inserts it into the reply box.

You are right to be impressed, I like the image, simple yet effective.

What does Jackie think of having another photographer in the family, if she is anything like her Dad, Isabelle will be up to all sorts of photography shenanigans :LOL:

So that's how you multi quote :)

I'm still trying to convince Jackie to get a camera but she sees right through me :naughty:

HI ya Mr Giddy ( still can't find those blasted smilies !)

Melt.......YUK! where do you get these idea's from ??

Left....looks like you have some competition from Isabelle :) Nice simple idea ,which works really well

Found that smilie by using keyboard didgits...

Smilies.....chuckle. Appreciate the FB (y)

Hi Andy
I think its about time you retired then :LOL:
Nice work by Isabelle, did she do the PP too.
is she going to join in maybe next year or for the remainder of this year,

I'm going to try and get her to continue. It's hard not to overdo my advice about composition, settings etc...don't want to bore her :)

Hey Andy :)

Soooooo SORRY... looks like I have missed loads of yours, I must have missed it each time I tried catching up previously :thinking: so a quick catch up (in the middle of editing my pics to catch up on my pics too DOH)

Still - Thats a cracking image, the horizon police will be very happy with that too !!! Love the silkyness of the water and the shiny rocks the B&W suits it perfectly too... great one :clap:

Whimsical - What a great expression :D shame her eyes were not a bit brighter, but you have got a great background and the colours stand out nicely!!

Curve - Some how did this one, but was a brief visit by the looks of it :thinking:

Power - That made me chuckle... brings back childhood memories :LOL:

Solitude - Has to be the second shot for me, the building and treeline prominence help the shot, and the moody sky finishes it off nicely (y)

Sweet - Awwweeee bless what a cool shot, love the colours you have brought out, sometimes fox's coats look so dull, the grass is good and bright/moist and great catchlights in its eyes too, nice one matey :clap:

Cut - An unusual shot, would prefer a bit more uniformity, but like the idea, the shadows work well

Live - I prefer the coloured shot, I like the explanation for the shot, and with it the image works well, without it not so sure, although as an image it is very nice

Reflection - Oooooo SHINEY :cool: good reflections on the floor and the whole image is full of colour, I think the square crop suits it also :)

JESUS CHRIST.... really didn't think I was this far behind :(

Melt - Ewwwweeeeee that is creepy, now sure how you do stuff like that, but looks very effective and well executed to me, no idea how you make that a rush job (y)

Left - Awwweee bless her, I think she has done a great job with that :clap:

Wow, appreciate the FB, read it twice and some insightful comments.

Cheers.

Melt is 'orrible!... Clever, and well done, but 'orrible! The only little issue I have is with the lack of texture on the droplets, makes them look a little 'stuck on' to me.

Take the camera off your daughter... She's gonna get right on your nerves. Nice work!

Damn, I didn't think to copy some of the texture to the drips :bonk:

Cheers....and If I try to take the camera she'll 'ave me :boxer:

Nice bit of light painting there - good and even with no overly bright bits (y)

Chicken looks like the cats been at it.. :puke:

Did you manage not to get any light spill onto the black BG, or have you tidied up in post?? (looks very good if you have!).

If you hadn't've (can you use 2 apostrephe's in the same word, :thinking:) said the other one was Isabelle's, I wouldn't have guessed... (That's a compliment to her btw... not an insult to you. :LOL:)

You have done a good job with the light painting Andy, Chicken looks positively radioactive!

Only possible negative being the unusual composition that will be a bit marmite I guess?

Onward and upward! (y)

Hi Andy
Nicely light painted, strange subject matter but perfectly on theme
I like the composition ie the placement in the frame
Your wife must think you are crazy,
we do some odd things for the 52s (y)

Sorry, that's just Foul. :naughty:

:shrug: What?

Don't quit your day job ;)

Nice bit of light painting there - good and even with no overly bright bits (y)

Chicken looks like the cats been at it.. :puke:

Did you manage not to get any light spill onto the black BG, or have you tidied up in post?? (looks very good if you have!).

If you hadn't've (can you use 2 apostrephe's in the same word, :thinking:) said the other one was Isabelle's, I wouldn't have guessed... (That's a compliment to her btw... not an insult to you. :LOL:)

I did a slight levels adjust to remove some spill.

Hadn't've :thinking:, yeah I wonder.

Quite proud if Isabelle's submission....there won't be any more :coat:

Cheers.

Back