weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Andy

the toothpicks .... creative stuff ... and I particularly like the square shape.

mortuary -ised dirty feet ... cracks me up. :clap:

Good work Andy (y)
A slightly morbid subject but effective all the same.
i particularly like your attention to detail in the toe tag.
As Graham, i feel the toes are a little lost in the vignette but other than that no crit.

Hi Andy, wasn't expecting that :eek: I like it, cant say I like this kind of processing usually but for this it works
nice attention to detail with the tag was intrigued as to what was written on it.
great idea and well executed :clap:

Cheers, yeah the processing would not suit a nice landscape.

Clever - if gruesome- idea. I prefer the one with colour as it gives more "reality" to the feet.

Cheers, colour for me as well.

have to admit the first thing I did was read the tag - (y) for doing that.

all works really well, the dirty feet make it, adding to the wonderment as o the cause of death.

Have you added a vignette?? making the big toes darker than they need be?

I had to walk around bare feet for a few hours to get dirty feet.

Vignette, yeah, I noticed that as I was finishing off but time constraints meant I had to post.

Cheers

Andy

the toothpicks .... creative stuff ... and I particularly like the square shape.

mortuary -ised dirty feet ... cracks me up. :clap:

Cheers. I had to have duty feet.

Thanks of the FB.

Good work Andy (y)
A slightly morbid subject but effective all the same.
i particularly like your attention to detail in the toe tag.
As Graham, i feel the toes are a little lost in the vignette but other than that no crit.

Cheers, Iain, morbid indeed. Vignette, yeah, I ought have an edit. I tried a bit of dodging but it looked a bit naff.

Cheers all.

Yurkkkk, that's bloody horrible. Well done sir! (amusing text on the label too)

Oh and the toothpicks with the square is amazing. Clearly you've spent too long with Blakey!

Number: Man I love your thinking.....and what a brilliant idea. I like the first one, for me the color in the tag draws my attention which is no bad thing here. The attention to detail is incredible - such as dirty feet and blanket.

I do admire your work Andy, and have followed your plight to score top points in the POTY2014. Perhaps you're right in some ways that your creative thinking and bold style alienate those less adventurous.

Yurkkkk, that's bloody horrible. Well done sir! (amusing text on the label too)

Oh and the toothpicks with the square is amazing. Clearly you've spent too long with Blakey!

A photograph that gets no reaction is a fail IMO :)

Appreciate the FB and I trust you've be joining in on the TP meet in Scotland (y)

your head must work in a slightly different way to most how you come up with these ideas.... but they work the colours the details even down to the dirty toes all adds to the image and holds your attention

Craig

The psychology of Posiview...not sure I'd like to read that...but I am quite normal....:)

Number: Man I love your thinking.....and what a brilliant idea. I like the first one, for me the color in the tag draws my attention which is no bad thing here. The attention to detail is incredible - such as dirty feet and blanket.

I do admire your work Andy, and have followed your plight to score top points in the POTY2014. Perhaps you're right in some ways that your creative thinking and bold style alienate those less adventurous.

Thanks for the FB. Yeah the POTY, I've been feeling a little bad about my post. I really don't mean to criticise the judges and appreciate that the results are an average....think, on reflection, I took my bat and ball home a little.

Cheers all (y)

Certainly an original take on the theme Andy, attention to detail, as mentioned, is excellent, dirty feet, ticket, composition :clap: (y)........for me the b&w version (y)

OMG...you said you were going to & by golly you did :eek:

Color for me , add's a little more reality to the scene , toe tag I'm sure says lots of good things but I can't read the bloomin thing & can't get it to go bigger on flickr ..actually I've just managed it & yup , the words are are great touch :clap::clap: & you say you are quite normal........:thinking::D

Numbers - imaginative take on the theme. I was trying to figure a way to do a people shot for this and couldn't come up with anything but you nailed it. Prefer the B & W image fits the title better.

I am in awe of both the last shots. I wouldn't have the patience for the shape ones (of which I love the third) and the Numbers one... I really wish I'd thought of it myself and could have taken it half as well.

Cheers, patience isn't my string point at times but I was focused.

Numbers, a bit grim but seems to have gone down well.

Brilliant.
Certainly an original take on the theme Andy, attention to detail, as mentioned, is excellent, dirty feet, ticket, composition :clap: (y)........for me the b&w version (y)

Cheers, Phil (y)

OMG...you said you were going to & by golly you did :eek:

Color for me , add's a little more reality to the scene , toe tag I'm sure says lots of good things but I can't read the bloomin thing & can't get it to go bigger on flickr ..actually I've just managed it & yup , the words are are great touch :clap::clap: & you say you are quite normal........:thinking::D

I was going to say, normal is as normal does....but doesn't help me :D

Thanks for the FB (y)

Numbers - imaginative take on the theme. I was trying to figure a way to do a people shot for this and couldn't come up with anything but you nailed it. Prefer the B & W image fits the title better.

Looks to be around 50:50 for each so far.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers all.

Hi Andy
Shape - creative ideas and they all have qualities. I prefer the b&W because it helps even out the lighting. The first one of the 2nd batch is very weird, because as you say when scrolling up an down the outer sticks seem to move and then when I stopped scrolling the centre seemed to throb.:eek: ~2 pf the 2nd batch would be my choice

Number - that phrase came to me immediately that I saw the theme but not sure how to carry it out without being too macabre - but you have done it. The colour version is superior and the processing really fits the subject. The wording on the tag helps with the connection to the photographic challenge and adds humour which helps to show that the scene is not factual. I would be OK with the vignette as the shadow gives me the imression that the 'body' is being slid out of one of those fridges - I have been watching too much Silent Witness, Waking the Dead I feel.

Hi Andy ....and I thought my dead flies were bad :) that is one of those :eek: images but it's brilliant .... I would never have thought of it ... excellent composition right down to the tag...I prefer the colour one of the two ... it looks more lifelike....someone's probably already said that ! Well done to you on an amazingly unique idea :clap:

Hi Andy
Shape - creative ideas and they all have qualities. I prefer the b&W because it helps even out the lighting. The first one of the 2nd batch is very weird, because as you say when scrolling up an down the outer sticks seem to move and then when I stopped scrolling the centre seemed to throb.:eek: ~2 pf the 2nd batch would be my choice

Number - that phrase came to me immediately that I saw the theme but not sure how to carry it out without being too macabre - but you have done it. The colour version is superior and the processing really fits the subject. The wording on the tag helps with the connection to the photographic challenge and adds humour which helps to show that the scene is not factual. I would be OK with the vignette as the shadow gives me the imression that the 'body' is being slid out of one of those fridges - I have been watching too much Silent Witness, Waking the Dead I feel.

Cheers, it seen either series for a while :shake:

Shape...do make you go a bit :wacky:

I have to say the colours works for me too.

Thanks for the FB.

Cheers.

Hi Andy ....and I thought my dead flies were bad :) that is one of those :eek: images but it's brilliant .... I would never have thought of it ... excellent composition right down to the tag...I prefer the colour one of the two ... it looks more lifelike....someone's probably already said that ! Well done to you on an amazingly unique idea :clap:

It is a bit weird...but these ideas just pop into my head :)

Appreciate the FB.

Cheers.

I decided to get outside for this week's theme...then went inside at the Royal Armouries :)

Took my X20 and this is 11 photographs merged together. I kept the slight colour differences and I could have used PS to line them up better, but I thought it added to the overall photograph.

Now, I really must sit down...taking a normal photograph really took it out of me :)

Cheers all.

Week 21 Strong (merged)
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Strong - now that is nice, hardly a normal shot, 11 images combined is far from normal... I really like the slight colour differences and misalignment, and the way you have built the levels up - Love It :clap:

Will have to look at detail when next o n my PC, tablet will not connect to Flickr for some reason tonight :(

Hi Andy, very nice work joining those images together, I like that you have left the colour differences.
what a bizarre sculpture too.
Taking normalish pictures too, it will ruin your reputation:)

Numbers - fantastic idea, nothing more to add :)
Strong/strength - great job joining them all up, certainly an unusual sculpture.

Haaaahaa another great idea, the attention to detail is excellent, the gritty PP suits the subject perfectly as does the dirtiness... now go wash them feet :D

Strong - now that is nice, hardly a normal shot, 11 images combined is far from normal... I really like the slight colour differences and misalignment, and the way you have built the levels up - Love It :clap:

Will have to look at detail when next o n my PC, tablet will not connect to Flickr for some reason tonight :(

Cheers, Dean. Strong, it was nice not to have a heavy DSLR and the X20 really does do the job.

I agree with all this apart from the fact that I prefer the B&W version! You've captured the texture well of the skin and dirt.

Thanks (y)

Hi Andy, very nice work joining those images together, I like that you have left the colour differences.
what a bizarre sculpture too.
Taking normalish pictures too, it will ruin your reputation:)

I know, normal photograph. I'll have to redeem myself for week 22 :)

Numbers - fantastic idea, nothing more to add :)
Strong/strength - great job joining them all up, certainly an unusual sculpture.

Thanks. Yeah, it's much better in person with loads of detail.

Cheers all.

Good work on the joiner Andy, I think the presentation really suits the subject. Top notch. (y)

HI Andy

Strong.......sharp , bright , and well put together...even if I don't really understand the "why " in your taking this route....I guess it would have looked a bit ...well , normalish , if you'd just posted one image.....:D

Main reason was I only have the X20 so could not get it in one frame. Then I thought about a 'joiner effect' take.

Cheers.

Smooth? If that was my phone I wouldn't be able to handle all those notifications at the top! I have to be honest, it's not doing anything for me. I guess it's the choice of subject and composition. Sorry.

Read looking at it, I get it now. Clever but still not for me!

Last edited:
Smooth? If that was my phone I wouldn't be able to handle all those notifications at the top! I have to be honest, it's not doing anything for me. I guess it's the choice of subject and composition. Sorry.

Read looking at it, I get it now. Clever but still not for me!

No worries at all, Simon, it was very much toung in cheek.

I have ideas for my actual submission (y)

Hi Andy,
I like strong, it is a creative take on the theme, you've represented the sculpture? well.
Maybe a darker background to highlight your joiner effect more? I feel the upper images blend a little with the white.

Chests

Back