weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Hi Andy very good :) someone had to do it I suppose, look forward to seeing what else you come up with

I really, really like your Strong/strength photograph(s).

You've done a good job on the joiner effect and I think leaving it as it is rather than blending it all in makes it a stronger image (y)

Texture: Teehee :)

Wacky! -Nice "off the wall" thinking there Andy. The second one works better for me, if you could just clone out that spot of green it would be even better I think. (y)

nicely on theme and something a bit different, didn't even see the tiny green spot until someone mentioned it and now it stands out lol

Yeah - rather like these, second ones stands out for the more defined shape, and is sufficiently recognisable to not drive me mad trying to work out what it is.

I didn;lt notice the grass either, and I actually say leave it in, it hints at how the shot was taken too which I like. (y)

Wacky! -Nice "off the wall" thinking there Andy. The second one works better for me, if you could just clone out that spot of green it would be even better I think. (y)

nicely on theme and something a bit different, didn't even see the tiny green spot until someone mentioned it and now it stands out lol

Yeah - rather like these, second ones stands out for the more defined shape, and is sufficiently recognisable to not drive me mad trying to work out what it is.

I didn;lt notice the grass either, and I actually say leave it in, it hints at how the shot was taken too which I like. (y)

I like these much better than your phone ;) :p

In all seriousness though, great images and love what you've done.

Bugger, I saw the green bit but forgot to edit.

I do like this idea and may do some more.

Cheers all.

Second one for me. The more defined shapes give say texture to me better than the first one.

Second image for me too Andy... much more interesting...

Hi Andy,
strong.. great work! an interesting sculpture (if that what its called) you have a lot of patience (y)(y)
Texture.. I like your last image the best :)

Second one for me. The more defined shapes give say texture to me better than the first one.

Cheers, yeah it's #2 for me as well.

I might have a go at using a displacment map in PS to try and add some contors.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, two very interesting pics avery good idea leaning towards the second one as its very bold and an unexpected pattern :clap:

Hi Andy

not even going to mention the phone......:tumbleweed:

Leaves for texture..........oh boy......the idea I like , the texture's you've overlaid really well & I like , I even like the frames (y)

I'm not so keen on the harshness of the white though , gives the appearance of the leaves being stuck on ? Also not so sure about the placement......I'd have preferred ( at least I think I would ) to have the leaves at an angle....... all just my opinion so feel free to ignore & rip my image to pieces .......

Hi Andy

not even going to mention the phone......:tumbleweed:

Leaves for texture..........oh boy......the idea I like , the texture's you've overlaid really well & I like , I even like the frames (y)

I'm not so keen on the harshness of the white though , gives the appearance of the leaves being stuck on ? Also not so sure about the placement......I'd have preferred ( at least I think I would ) to have the leaves at an angle....... all just my opinion so feel free to ignore & rip my image to pieces .......

Cheers, Lynne, I take your crit on board. There were slight shadows but I removed them, I really wanted a sterile representation.

Cheers.

Early one from me as I'm away Thursday for a long weekend of photography :clap:

I spent a while on another idea but it wasn't going well....and I really should be in bed.

This is the face Isabelle pulls every time I want to take a serious photograph of her and I simply can't get annoyed at her :)

Cheers all.

Week 22 Wild by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

WAY too good looking to be "wild". Nicely shot and processed.

Have a good weekend away Andy. :)

Hi Andy, very very good portrait of your daughter, very similar to your P.O.T.Y submission bit bright maybe :thinking: in the centre
She does look a little wild though(y)

WAY too good looking to be "wild". Nicely shot and processed.

Have a good weekend away Andy. :)

Cheers, Brian, you have a good weekend as well (y)

Hi Andy, very very good portrait of your daughter, very similar to your P.O.T.Y submission bit bright maybe :thinking: in the centre
She does look a little wild though(y)

Thanks, bud, it is similar to my POTY, but much better :shake:

Hi Andy,
Love your wild child (y)

Thanks for the FB (y)

She's turning into a really versatile model, expect the fees to be increasing in line ;)

Great catchlights in the eyes, feel that the missing ear on the left side detracts a little, apart from that... (y)

I didn't notice ear (y).

Actuallly saying that - back on the PC now and it's magically there now. Was looking on the tablet last time and I seem to remember I turned the screen brightness down on it last night! :oops: :$

The eyes really POP now too. :whistle:

(y)

Action - Good idea although I'm not sure this works for me (sorry)

Mono - I'd go for the trees/rocks. The high contrast nature of these make these interesting to look at and compliment each other really well

Twisted - I really can't decide between these two. I like them both and feel I need to decide on a preference but keep changing my mind. Super sharp with a nice shallow DoF and the square format suits nicely.

Fresh - You do come up with some great ideas. I could imagine this wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea but I like it. I think the exposure on the fingers of #1 is slightly better but the grungy processing of #2 just (finger)tips the other one

Shape - Another choice of colour vs B&W. This time I feel the colour version gives a little more texture to the cocktail sticks. This must have taken quite some patience to set up

Number – Absolutely super shot. Another great idea and execution especially the colour processing. Even the thought you've put into the labels shouts quality. Big big thumbs up from me.

Strong – Not as "strong" as some of your others but for me the fact not all the joins are exact help add interest into the image

Texture – LOL for the text - clever thinking. The "proper" ones work well individually but I do think a triptych of different textures and different leaf shapes would maybe strengthen the entry even further. That said I could see a a Posiview exhibition room full of similar images working brilliantly.

Wild - I'm afraid I'm not quite getting wild with the expression but I can see where you were going. Maybe a different style of processing would have helped?

Edit: sorry, looking at an earlier photo - 20 Numbers. It looks brilliant Andy. Personally, I much prefer the colour. Really like the processing - very "HBO" if that makes sense? Lighting's great - it almost looks like straight on / slightly above (but very subtle) flash?

Last edited:
Action - Good idea although I'm not sure this works for me (sorry)

Mono - I'd go for the trees/rocks. The high contrast nature of these make these interesting to look at and compliment each other really well

Twisted - I really can't decide between these two. I like them both and feel I need to decide on a preference but keep changing my mind. Super sharp with a nice shallow DoF and the square format suits nicely.

Fresh - You do come up with some great ideas. I could imagine this wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea but I like it. I think the exposure on the fingers of #1 is slightly better but the grungy processing of #2 just (finger)tips the other one

Shape - Another choice of colour vs B&W. This time I feel the colour version gives a little more texture to the cocktail sticks. This must have taken quite some patience to set up

Number – Absolutely super shot. Another great idea and execution especially the colour processing. Even the thought you've put into the labels shouts quality. Big big thumbs up from me.

Strong – Not as "strong" as some of your others but for me the fact not all the joins are exact help add interest into the image

Texture – LOL for the text - clever thinking. The "proper" ones work well individually but I do think a triptych of different textures and different leaf shapes would maybe strengthen the entry even further. That said I could see a a Posiview exhibition room full of similar images working brilliantly.

Wild - I'm afraid I'm not quite getting wild with the expression but I can see where you were going. Maybe a different style of processing would have helped?

Move one, Peter, cracking crit and I appreciate the time taken.

As this is my 4th straight year I feel I really need to produce the goods....sometime I win...sometimes I don't (y)

The one of Isabelle, I see where you are coming from. It's like a taking good landscape photograph: you have the smells, sounds, and the sense of being there that is often hard to convey. Isabelle was gigging like a loony.

Cheers.

Move one, Peter, cracking crit and I appreciate the time taken.

As this is my 4th straight year I feel I really need to produce the goods....sometime I win...sometimes I don't (y)

The one of Isabelle, I see where you are coming from. It's like a taking good landscape photograph: you have the smells, sounds, and the sense of being there that is often hard to convey. Isabelle was gigging like a loony.

Cheers.
Happy to provide crit Andy. I know you put a lot of effort into this challenge - not just the photos but the organisaton of the mid and end year weekends as well. For me I feel the challenge of sitting back and working out what and how to take an image for the theme has improved my photography which is also due in no small part to the value of the critiques I get. I'm getting the feeling though that the volume has drastically reduced of late which is a shame. I also haven't forgotten the TP Crit day/evening. I can't remember if I said but I've found a location - the local scout hut (well it's a building actually) which has a committee room that would be idea. The building has kitchen and toilet facilities as well. I'm not sure the cost but to hire the main hall is £15 so the committee room should be even cheaper.

Texture.

:coat: :exit: :help:

<SNIP PIC>
HaaaHaaaaaa :LOL: that made me smile !!!!!

Others - Liking your idea of the textures in the leaf shape, liking the processing of both but much preffering the high contrast shapes of the second one, a nice industrial feel along with the leaf shape make for an interesting image... Crit, soory, not got time, trying to catch up on a few now I have the hotel wi-fi up and running !!!!

Happy to provide crit Andy. I know you put a lot of effort into this challenge - not just the photos but the organisaton of the mid and end year weekends as well. For me I feel the challenge of sitting back and working out what and how to take an image for the theme has improved my photography which is also due in no small part to the value of the critiques I get. I'm getting the feeling though that the volume has drastically reduced of late which is a shame. I also haven't forgotten the TP Crit day/evening. I can't remember if I said but I've found a location - the local scout hut (well it's a building actually) which has a committee room that would be idea. The building has kitchen and toilet facilities as well. I'm not sure the cost but to hire the main hall is £15 so the committee room should be even cheaper.

That would be great. When were you thinking about?

Cheers.

Wild - I love it, like the way you have her face lit up, pin sharp focusing and the face she pulls is excellent well done a superb effort from you.

Thanks, Mandy, appreciate the FB.

Wild- Face is well lit eyes glow looks a little wild perfect

Thanks. She can be wild at times :)

HaaaHaaaaaa :LOL: that made me smile !!!!!

Others - Liking your idea of the textures in the leaf shape, liking the processing of both but much preffering the high contrast shapes of the second one, a nice industrial feel along with the leaf shape make for an interesting image... Crit, soory, not got time, trying to catch up on a few now I have the hotel wi-fi up and running !!!!

Cheers, Dean. Great to meet you again (y)

Howdy matey

My feet have not recovered yet :oops: :$ Cracking weekend though....

Wild....another well lit shot ( this is becoming a habit ya know :) ) No crit on Isabelles face , lovely even lighting ,eye's really pop & good skin tones :clap: Frame : drop shadow , for me , needs to be a little softer to create more of a shadow effect ? I also feel the polka dots on the neck line of the top draw my eye , bothminor points but you like to get feedback...I hope (y)

Howdy matey

My feet have not recovered yet :oops: :$ Cracking weekend though....

Wild....another well lit shot ( this is becoming a habit ya know :) ) No crit on Isabelles face , lovely even lighting ,eye's really pop & good skin tones :clap: Frame : drop shadow , for me , needs to be a little softer to create more of a shadow effect ? I also feel the polka dots on the neck line of the top draw my eye , bothminor points but you like to get feedback...I hope (y)

Cheers. Only just learned to do drop shadows and I take on board your comments. I removed the polka dots in another one but not in this one. Might add it if I remember.

Works been interesting today :puke:

Cheers.

Back