weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Andy - two more good shots!

Loud: it certainly is. Good shot, nice lighting and well composed. Superbly on theme. (Horrible tie, mind)

Rich: wow. I'm going to focus my comments on this photo as for me it's virtually perfect. I really love the lighting - it draws you in. Yes, a touch more lighting on the tops of the heads might be "classically better" but then you'd lose some of the attention on the faces. Maybe a touch of brushing some shadow lightening would help, rather than changing the lighting? The models are brilliant, poses (if posed) great and wonderful eye contact (and non-eye contact with your wife which really works for me).

A genuinely super take on the theme - I love it. What was the lighting setup because I really like that look? Level with and right of camera? No fill? :clap:

Hi, @pjm1 getting crit for is always good, but getting compliments is better :)

Given more time I suspect I could have improved it, but sometimes doing so takes some of the sole away.

Trust me, I tried to get Isabelle to pose, my wife, Jackie is a 2nd dan black belt and she struggles! I had no luck so I just let them get on with it and fired away as I saw fit.

You nailed the lighting, not quite 45 degrees, around 35 which seemed to make a difference.

Really appreciate the feedback (y)

Cheers all.

Last edited:
Hi Andy, nothing to crit there, just one of those photos that says so much, you have certainly captured the moment
really good :clap:

Hi Andy

Loud - spot on comp and good vibrant colours. Just a bit dark at top of bin for me. Like the spotlight effect.

Rich - not an idea that would have come to me but what a great sentiment and spot on for the theme. Beautifully lit and love the relationship that is being exhibited. Nice natural colours, good contact from them both, even tho looking in different directions. Also you have caught the 'movement' in the wrestle with the wrinkles in the arm and the almost gasp of breath from your daughter - whilst being altogether playful and loving. Top shot.(y) - and still I remember that this was the little girl that you stuffed in a suitcase for a shot :LOL:

Hi Andy, nothing to crit there, just one of those photos that says so much, you have certainly captured the moment
really good :clap:

Hi Andy :)

Rich - Can't possibly improve an image like that mate, lighting, background, eye contact all spot on, but mainly an image full of everything you hold dear... an shot to treasure :clap:

Rich - super shot for the theme everything is bang on for me, I can't fault it at all great work.

Thanks all. Appreciate the feedback (y)

Hi Andy

Loud - spot on comp and good vibrant colours. Just a bit dark at top of bin for me. Like the spotlight effect.

Rich - not an idea that would have come to me but what a great sentiment and spot on for the theme. Beautifully lit and love the relationship that is being exhibited. Nice natural colours, good contact from them both, even tho looking in different directions. Also you have caught the 'movement' in the wrestle with the wrinkles in the arm and the almost gasp of breath from your daughter - whilst being altogether playful and loving. Top shot.(y) - and still I remember that this was the little girl that you stuffed in a suitcase for a shot :LOL:

Cheers, Alan, oooooffff, Isabelle still twitches when I bring out the suitcase :)

Now then matey.....you are a really softie at heart...(y)

Your shot of Issy & Jackie....I have no crit as couldn't come up with anything half as good.....I really hope you have the printed & hung on a wall....beautiful portrait :clap::clap:

Loud....OMG...only crit on this would be the top bit of the bin / bucket is a little dark....otherwise it's spot on for me (y)

Hi Andy ....I love it .... a really super shot to treasure, and your little blurb at the start is so true :clap:

Now then matey.....you are a really softie at heart...(y)

Your shot of Issy & Jackie....I have no crit as couldn't come up with anything half as good.....I really hope you have the printed & hung on a wall....beautiful portrait :clap::clap:

Loud....OMG...only crit on this would be the top bit of the bin / bucket is a little dark....otherwise it's spot on for me (y)

Thanks. Might just get a print. Need to warm it up a little first.

Cheers.

Vertical - Lovely simple idea with lots of negative space which I like even in the cropped version which I prefer. Would it be better for the "western eye" if the stalk was coming out of the left hand side? Not sure but I still like this

Yum - Not keen on #2 I'm afraid. The bite marks and the added sky look too false to me. The cake shot is good though. The reflection just grounds it. Nice colour in the (lemon?) cake as well.

Loud - Questionable taste in ties but a good attempt and use of spot lighting. The black bleeds of nicely although if I tip up my monitor I can see the top and sides of the white card - Easy to fix though.

Rich - Super super family portrait particularly the expression on Isabelle's face as she gets strangled. The lighting works well. Nice one.

Loud: That's good (y) .... (but I think I would have smudged out the table edge on the left).

Rich (1): AWE!

Vertical - Lovely simple idea with lots of negative space which I like even in the cropped version which I prefer. Would it be better for the "western eye" if the stalk was coming out of the left hand side? Not sure but I still like this

Yum - Not keen on #2 I'm afraid. The bite marks and the added sky look too false to me. The cake shot is good though. The reflection just grounds it. Nice colour in the (lemon?) cake as well.

Loud - Questionable taste in ties but a good attempt and use of spot lighting. The black bleeds of nicely although if I tip up my monitor I can see the top and sides of the white card - Easy to fix though.

Rich - Super super family portrait particularly the expression on Isabelle's face as she gets strangled. The lighting works well. Nice one.

I never remember the 'western eye' :)

Sky #2 was very much a grab. I suspect more effort would have improved.

Rich, thanks, one of my favourites.

Cheers.

You speak the truth Andy (y)
Couldn't possibly critique the image as the sentiment behind it is what is important.
Love the expression on isabelle's face as her Mum has her in a choke hold:D, the eye contact really makes it. Good work matey (y)

Couldn't have put it better myself (y)

Skill - Nice image but you need to line your top egg up a little better :), nice back ground it works really well with the eggs.

Have fun being away :)

Chests

Lovely shot of Jackie and Isabelle, great catchlights in the eyes.

Skill, good fun image, were they really balanced like that? Like the Background, but it does look added rather than as shot, Apologies if I'm wrong.

Happy holidays!

Hi ya

so, what did you stick them together with ? :D or were they laying down :thinking: agree with Graham re the bg , there's something just not quite right on the hand partic the lhs , bit of almost shadowing ?

Have a fab holiday matey , look forward to seeing all the shot's you're bound to take (y)

Hi Andy, no idea how you have done it (laying down would be my guess) nice idea but the BG kind of lets it down

Apologies for lack of comments etc, but away from home.

Thanks for the comments. It was a rush job but all comments are taken on onboard. If I remember I'll post the SOOC.

Right where's the after sun cream :help:

Cheers.

Skill - now that does look very skill full indeed, good take for the theme I like it. I am not so keen on the bg and the top egg is a tad wonky but other than that I really like it.

Hi Andy,
Rich... beautiful image of a lovely family, I agree totally with your sentiments :clap::clap:
Skill..... brill however you did it (y)

Appreciate the FB (y)

Cheers.

(Much) better Half.

Camera phone SOOC grab shot. If Jackie sees this all my camera gear will be taking a ride to the local tip :)

Jackie, Isabelle and I had 16 inch pizza each and Isabelle finished all but a small slice. She is currently on her bed groaning a lot and I can hardly move.

I've been and will be a bit lax on comments for a few more days so no comments expected (y)

Cheers.

by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy... quick catch up from me

Skill - Nice lighting on the eggs, although the shadows on the hand/fingers are a touch distracting. I think the PP could do with a bit more feathering as there's a fair bit of black line around the cutout. I'm trying to improve my PP as well, so I sympathise!
Half - Not my favourite one of yours (hands in front of mouth, pizza slice pointing "dangerously" towards Mrs Posiview! and distracting background) but I realise it was a quick grab.

Hey Andy - Hope you and the girls are having a great time !!!!

Skill - A fun shot, works pretty well, like the background but not so keen on seeing the red text on the top egg... i'm with the 'laying down' camp on this one :)

Half - Haaa Haaaaa good capture, liking the way that the slice is pointing her out... thinking also you probably 'Ate more than Half' too :D

Posting even from on hoilidy, now there's commitment! :clap:

Has all the hallmakrs of a cheeky phone snap, and as long as it doesn;t pretend to be anything else then thats fine.

Do like the positioning of the pizza slice and the POV. Agree a bit of positive interaction (dunno what) would have lifted it.

Hi Andy - Skill its a good idea was the eggs added in ps? wont mention the back ground....

Half - its a real time for photo no props and I quite like these, some times there is that much work / planning that goes into a shot that's its nice to see a real life shot if that makes any sense...

Skill- great shot (y).........:thinking:........the jury's out for me on how you did it until we see the sooc :p

Half- agree, your much better half! :D for a phone camera grab shot I think it works, only the one piece left, shall I, sharn't I finish it, pizza slicer pointing in, yep seeing as your on holiday, it'll do (y)

Back