weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Cheers all.

Should have been 40,000 in the air but flight delayed overnight. So, we are sat her with crisps and beer waiting for the complimentary dinner (and breakfast) :)

I've never been fussed about quality accommodation but this is verrryyyy nice indeed. They even have a few Mark Rothko prints in reception!

I've got Thursday and Friday off work so will get my Architecture posted and catch up on comments.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Andy, hope you had a good holiday, love the shot of the building and a great conversion to B+W but the sky seems very pixilated :thinking:
slight crop to the right maybe too, certainly looks an amazing place

Hi Andy, hope you had a good holiday, love the shot of the building and a great conversion to B+W but the sky seems very pixilated :thinking:
slight crop to the right maybe too, certainly looks an amazing place

It is an amazing place.

The sky is very pixilated as it's a very low resolution photograph.

Cheers.

Architecture - Great shot Andy very moody and full of details which holds the viewers interest. Nice conversion to B&W.

Yeah. Very nice. Great Black's and whites in there and a super hint of reflection.

The blur on the text is a master stroke. Thought it was my eyes to start with.

Hi Andy
Back safe and sound? Good rest to recharge the batteries.
Skill - like the idea but the eggs look 'stuck on'. Not happy with b/g - looks out of scale IYSWIM
Half - CCW tweak:thinking:. Well handled comp. - shot is appropriate to the time and place. I like the hands over the face and there is enough contact for me. I would have angled the pizza slice towards the last piece of pizza rather than your wife.
Architectural - agree with Allan @alsjazzera re the pixellation. Impressive angle, but not sure about the amount of rock at the bottom and side, but prob not able to do anything else. B&W suits it.
Promises - good use of b&w - like the reflection and blur.

Hi Andy, all been said above great B+W very dark with just the right amount of light, it is a very difficult theme but that works for me
must have been hard having to finish that off just for a photo :LOL:

Hi Andy, all been said above great B+W very dark with just the right amount of light, it is a very difficult theme but that works for me

Yeah. Very nice. Great Black's and whites in there and a super hint of reflection.

The blur on the text is a master stroke. Thought it was my eyes to start with.

Andy, really amazing photo of Hogwarts - big HP fan, me. Lovely detail and great processing. It certainly pops.

Thanks, all. Some themes, that on the face of it seem easy...arn't :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy
Back safe and sound? Good rest to recharge the batteries.
Skill - like the idea but the eggs look 'stuck on'. Not happy with b/g - looks out of scale IYSWIM
Half - CCW tweak:thinking:. Well handled comp. - shot is appropriate to the time and place. I like the hands over the face and there is enough contact for me. I would have angled the pizza slice towards the last piece of pizza rather than your wife.
Architectural - agree with Allan @alsjazzera re the pixellation. Impressive angle, but not sure about the amount of rock at the bottom and side, but prob not able to do anything else. B&W suits it.
Promises - good use of b&w - like the reflection and blur.

Yeah, can't realy defend Skill, Half or Arcitecure as all three were rushed.

Promise, as above, not an easy one but it's under my belt now so move on time (y)

Cheers.

Hi Andy,
Just seen your comments on @Delta Skies

".. possible having the cards Ace through 10. I've only every seen them 10 through Ace, so maybe me."

This is interesting - are you left handed or ambidextrous by any chance? I see them almost always as Ace thro to minor cards. Also, the ' western eye' has been mentioned in your thread and again I wonder whether this is true of all things visual. We play bridge with some old friends on a regular basis and 3 of us sort as high left, low right and the other sorts high right, low left , and he is left handed. Nothing important but got me to wondering.

Architectural- Impressive pov, good detail in the building (y) but the sky does look a little odd :thinking:...........suits the B&W conversion though :)

Promise - Excellent shot and idea, love it (y):clap:

Architecture - stunning building shame the sky is pixilated but spot on theme wise, black and white certainly suits the subject.

Promise - love everything about this photograph, spot on with the theme.

Architecture - super shot, looks fantastic. My only niggle is the pixelated sky but the castle I love great find for the theme.

Promise - very good composition, and another great take for the theme. I love the slightly blurry words at the bottom off the image.

Wow Andy... Architecture is stunning. Change the sky to something else and it's perfect for me. I know you like your front-to-back "in focus" and you've got that in spades here... so much detail. Love the conversion and the perspective. Superb, even by your high standards.

Promise... spot on. Great execution (like the lighting, composition and text addition). Very witty. Another cracking shot... how do you keep the standard up?!

Promise - Love the humorous take on the theme and great composition. Only crit is that (to me) it looks just a little too dark. Can't quite make out whether the white flecks underneath and slightly to the left of the neck of the bottle are reflections of the neck or something else?

Hi Andy, sorry I have not visited for a while

Loud:
A sure sign of comitment that is - buying props for your 52 ;). Like the arrangement of tie and use of bin to add an extra dimension to the story. Lighting works really well - Is it just snooted light or vignette added in post too?

Rich: A beautiful shot. Cant fault it at all Andy..The lighting is spot on and I really like the black background. Really well handled pic and one to print for sure.

Skill: Like the idea alot, my kind of image! for a quick shot this works really well and delivers well on the theme front. My only niggle would be the background, something of a different contrasting colour would be nice to see? just seems like theres too many similiar tones going on.

Half: Your're killing me here, Im on a healthy eating drive and seeing this makes my mouth water :puke:. Nice to see you've had a good time on hols relaxing and indulging yourselves. Good use of foreground and lead in lines too....lol :)
acttr
acttr
acttr
acttr
acttr
acttr

Architecture: Wow an amazing place that is! Had to do a quick goole search to check this place was not a model and in fact real and life size. I like that you've added in an intersting sky, which works well despite the low res issues youre aware of. The low POV looking up and the dark contrasting processing adds to the dark mystical nature of the subject. Real well captured (y)

Promise:
That is a cracker! and your best shot of all the ones Ive just commented on. Love the simple text message, arrangement, relection and use of bold mono. I know its meant as fun and I've taken it as such but Im guessing that anyone who has an alcoholic close to them will see a more serious and sinister side to this. Good strong work for sure (y)

Hi Andy,
Just seen your comments on @Delta Skies

".. possible having the cards Ace through 10. I've only every seen them 10 through Ace, so maybe me."

This is interesting - are you left handed or ambidextrous by any chance? I see them almost always as Ace thro to minor cards. Also, the ' western eye' has been mentioned in your thread and again I wonder whether this is true of all things visual. We play bridge with some old friends on a regular basis and 3 of us sort as high left, low right and the other sorts high right, low left , and he is left handed. Nothing important but got me to wondering.

Cheers, yeah, for some reason I always go low to high :thinking:

Architectural- Impressive pov, good detail in the building (y) but the sky does look a little odd :thinking:...........suits the B&W conversion though :)

Promise - Excellent shot and idea, love it (y):clap:

Yup, the sky :(

Cheers.

architectural os a great one Andy, nice bit of pp with the clouds. Excellent use of composition and b+w. My daughter approves and want's to go now!!
Promise, great idea and made me smile when I saw it, so many ways you could compose those, but this one works well.

Your daughter will absolutely LOVE it...take her ;)

Architecture - stunning building shame the sky is pixilated but spot on theme wise, black and white certainly suits the subject.

Promise - love everything about this photograph, spot on with the theme.

Thanks for the FB (y)

Architecture - super shot, looks fantastic. My only niggle is the pixelated sky but the castle I love great find for the theme.

Promise - very good composition, and another great take for the theme. I love the slightly blurry words at the bottom off the image.

Cheers - the sky was a major flaw and I was a bit lazy there :(

Wow Andy... Architecture is stunning. Change the sky to something else and it's perfect for me. I know you like your front-to-back "in focus" and you've got that in spades here... so much detail. Love the conversion and the perspective. Superb, even by your high standards.

Promise... spot on. Great execution (like the lighting, composition and text addition). Very witty. Another cracking shot... how do you keep the standard up?!

Appreciate the positive comments. Recent few have been well below par, due to holidays but I trie hard, as we all do, to make an interesting photograph.

Cheers.

Promise - Love the humorous take on the theme and great composition. Only crit is that (to me) it looks just a little too dark. Can't quite make out whether the white flecks underneath and slightly to the left of the neck of the bottle are reflections of the neck or something else?

I was surprised the darkness wasn't picked up by others. Looks a little brighter on Flickr. The flecks are actually fluid that has spilt from the bottle.

Hi Andy - Architecture excellent subject I have been there a few times and the detail is amazing a great capture love the angle

Promise - like it very dark but enough light to see the main subject nice reflection

It was a cracking place and I really want to go back :)

Thanks of the FB.

Hi Andy, sorry I have not visited for a while

Loud:
A sure sign of comitment that is - buying props for your 52 ;). Like the arrangement of tie and use of bin to add an extra dimension to the story. Lighting works really well - Is it just snooted light or vignette added in post too?

Rich: A beautiful shot. Cant fault it at all Andy..The lighting is spot on and I really like the black background. Really well handled pic and one to print for sure.

Skill: Like the idea alot, my kind of image! for a quick shot this works really well and delivers well on the theme front. My only niggle would be the background, something of a different contrasting colour would be nice to see? just seems like theres too many similiar tones going on.

Half: Your're killing me here, Im on a healthy eating drive and seeing this makes my mouth water :puke:. Nice to see you've had a good time on hols relaxing and indulging yourselves. Good use of foreground and lead in lines too....lol :)

Architecture: Wow an amazing place that is! Had to do a quick goole search to check this place was not a model and in fact real and life size. I like that you've added in an intersting sky, which works well despite the low res issues youre aware of. The low POV looking up and the dark contrasting processing adds to the dark mystical nature of the subject. Real well captured (y)

Promise:
That is a cracker! and your best shot of all the ones Ive just commented on. Love the simple text message, arrangement, relection and use of bold mono. I know its meant as fun and I've taken it as such but Im guessing that anyone who has an alcoholic close to them will see a more serious and sinister side to this. Good strong work for sure (y)

Cracking feedback here, really appreciate it (y)

Loud, slight vignetting was added if I recall.

Rich, another one I enjoyed making.

Skill, same as the Arcitecture...I was a tad lazy :naughty:

Half...I miss that pizza :)

The building is amazing. It's HUGE and the detail is staggering.

Promise, it's something that I can relate to on a personal level. I'd like it a little brighter.

Really appreciate the FB.

Cheers all (y)

Well, my laptop has been playing up recently and really spoiling my photography :) I've been watching the Apple Mac Book Pros for a while, almost bought one then the new one came out so I splashed out and bought one. It's amazing and ssooooo much faster than my old one.

Anyway, onto this week's submission.

This is my wife's katana and I had to wait while she went out before I could use it :)

Two submissions as not sure which crop works better.

Cheers.

TP52 Sharp by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

TP52 Sharp2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hi Andy, first image without a doubt, love the red, really stands out and the diagonal of the sword is perfect, with just a slight reveal of the blade.
I had to look up what a "Katana" is it's an education here sometimes
very nice work, as usual, well though out.

And definitely the 2'nd image for me Andy, much prefer the tighter crop,less of the distracting ironed in crease up the sleeve, more emphasis on the small amount of blade showing(y) Great lighting, suits the black b/g and spot on focus (y)

Hi Andy ...I must admit I had absolutely no idea what it was at first but it all made sense once I had looked it up. It's the second one for me too ... the bright touch of light emphasising the red sleeve gives it a real oriental feel ...a really smashing shot for the theme.

It will be such a shame if you aren't taking part next year :(

Hi Andy, first image without a doubt, love the red, really stands out and the diagonal of the sword is perfect, with just a slight reveal of the blade.
I had to look up what a "Katana" is it's an education here sometimes
very nice work, as usual, well though out.

Hi Andy ...I must admit I had absolutely no idea what it was at first but it all made sense once I had looked it up. It's the second one for me too ... the bright touch of light emphasising the red sleeve gives it a real oriental feel ...a really smashing shot for the theme.

It will be such a shame if you aren't taking part next year :(

And definitely the 2'nd image for me Andy, much prefer the tighter crop,less of the distracting ironed in crease up the sleeve, more emphasis on the small amount of blade showing(y) Great lighting, suits the black b/g and spot on focus (y)

Cheers all, appreciate the Feedback. I quite enjoyed this one.

Only 3 commented, thought, I don't think I've missed any feedback for that week but better check!

Cheers.

Nice atmospheric lighting/shadows (y)

I like the first one as it shows that much more: detail on the jacket, the shiny bit on the end of the handle.

Hi Andy... sorry, I missed your submission somehow?! Well it was a cracker and perfectly on theme. I have to say I prefer the wider crop which gives a bit more context to the shot for me. Lighting is lovely... what was the setup? You take some mighty fine photos, sir!

Hi Andy :)

Architecture - Wow, a tad more impressive than my buildings from Gt Yarmouth Sea Front lol !!!

Absolutely love that (Not taking the blocky sky into account) the detail is excellent too (Not taking the blocky sky into account) that place is going on my to visit wish list for sure. As for the sky, nicely PP'd in, shame it was such a blocky example, but still a fab image (y)

Promise - Now this really did make me laugh out loud !!! A great photo, well set up, well lit and a great reflection... shame I don't believe it for 1 second :D

Sharp - To be honest took me a couple of glances to work out what it was, would have liked much more blade in view, I'm liking the splash of red and the deep blacks, and for me i'm choosing the first shot, mainly because I can see the full hilt of the sword which adds a bit more context to me :)

Hope your enjoying your new i-toy :thumbs

Nice atmospheric lighting/shadows (y)

I like the first one as it shows that much more: detail on the jacket, the shiny bit on the end of the handle.

Thanks for the FB (y)

Hi Andy... sorry, I missed your submission somehow?! Well it was a cracker and perfectly on theme. I have to say I prefer the wider crop which gives a bit more context to the shot for me. Lighting is lovely... what was the setup? You take some mighty fine photos, sir!

Hi, no worries, there are a lot of posts.

The crop was a 'mare to do. So many possibilities. TBH, lighting was just a flash in a soft box just off centre.

Cheers.

Hi Andy :)

Architecture - Wow, a tad more impressive than my buildings from Gt Yarmouth Sea Front lol !!!

Absolutely love that (Not taking the blocky sky into account) the detail is excellent too (Not taking the blocky sky into account) that place is going on my to visit wish list for sure. As for the sky, nicely PP'd in, shame it was such a blocky example, but still a fab image (y)

Promise - Now this really did make me laugh out loud !!! A great photo, well set up, well lit and a great reflection... shame I don't believe it for 1 second :D

Sharp - To be honest took me a couple of glances to work out what it was, would have liked much more blade in view, I'm liking the splash of red and the deep blacks, and for me i'm choosing the first shot, mainly because I can see the full hilt of the sword which adds a bit more context to me :)

Hope your enjoying your new i-toy :thumbs

You will love the place...;)

I mist have another go at the sky if another reshoot appears.

Sharp, sometimes it's easy to think others will know what it is.

Cheers.

Back