Monthly rpn's 2013-12 E.T.C. Challenge - December 12.4 Writings on Photo Added

Lots of sunsets there.

#2 for me. It's the flats that really set it off for me. Bit more of a sunset would have taken it up a level.

#2 mobile for me. Lovely colours and detail. #1 would have been better if you I would have got closer to the bridge.

Eeek, missed #3, well spotted and nice beams.

Creative still life. Cracker. Great idea. Hot spots and slightly OOF. But he'll it made me chuckle.

Cheers.

Hi, Thought I'd commented, sorry.

The sunset with the buildings is the better shot for me, they just give it that little bit extra oomph.

The bridge in the woods is great, nice colours and a nice lead in to the bridge.

Pacfruit, good thinking (y)

All in all a good set

Thanks guys.

Here's no. 2 for December. Not a great example of Star Trails but I'm happy enough since it's my first go at this technique. The photo consists of over 200 images taken when I was in my Cyprus apartment at the beginning of this month and just getting round to process them.

12.2 Star Trails (January)

Hi, Stan, well that's a damn sight better than my first attempt. Looks like nice clean trails.

Crit, well I feel if you had polaris on the frame so it produced the classic circular effect and some FG interest might have taken it up a notch.

That said it's on theme and technically a damn good show (y)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, comments very much appreciated.

It was only the very last night of the two weeks stay in Cyprus that I managed to take those images. The previous few night before that was either wet, rain or thunder storm! The red/purple shade is due to my head torch (red light) getting too close to the camera!

Liking both the star trails and the fairy light, good enough focus on santa so he looks to be floating.

Hi Stan.

Bokeh is brilliant; exceptionally clean and well formed shapes, and a very clever interpretation.

Star trails doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. It needs more shape to the trails as a minimum I think, and ideally some foreground interest.

Fairy lights works really really well. The inclusion on of the well lit figure makes it for me.

Seashells I'm not so sure about. It fits the theme, but somehow looks a bit hard and cold for the effect I think you were after.

Great set, well done for getting to the end!

Back