weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

rpn

Name
Stan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Stan, back for more pain :)

I'm mad but I can take it since I've done 1+1

Hi Stan - Welcome to the 2015 52, just looked through some of your 2011 shots, some real good images, looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year (y)

Thanks (y), I also have a look through my 2011 effects the other day and hope to improve this year.

Agree with Lee, the symmetry is lovely Stan and everytime I look at a different part of the frame I see more patterns emerge (y)

Great photo.
I like the fact that although it's an electric pole, the picture transforms it into something else.

Great viewpoint of an imposing structure. Love the symmetry and balance. Nice work.

I'd agree with Dean, the blank sky really does work to emphasise the lines.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

HI Stan & welcome back for another year torture :D

Love your 1st shot.....almost perfect symmetry , bland sky works well for a change & a repeating pattern (y)

Believe it or not Stan, this is something that I've wanted to try for a while.
Just never seem to have the right sky or an accessible pylon PLUS camera to hand at the same time :LOL:

Well done for getting it done - and really can't add anything more to the crit already given above.

Cant really add any meaningful critique to whats already been said, except great shot, really well seen. Just love it.

I can't really add anything to what's already been said comments wise, very good image.

Hi Stan and welcome...yes, a great shot ...a brilliant angle it makes a fascinating image :)

Thanks alet, Mandy and Susie. Very much appreciated.

Believe it or not Stan, this is something that I've wanted to try for a while.
Just never seem to have the right sky or an accessible pylon PLUS camera to hand at the same time :LOL:

Well done for getting it done - and really can't add anything more to the crit already given above.

Thanks Sarah. This particular pylon is one of the smaller one and it's very accessible, literally just a side step off a riverside path.

If I'm honest that kinda makes me feel dizzy,
looking up like that :D
Good start (y)

Hi Stan

Welcome! An accomplished start to this challenge so well done. Nice front-to-back sharpness and the dull sky actually serves to focus attention on the patterns, which is a clever use of what would otherwise be a frustrating load of cloud :) Symmetry looks spot on to me and a great warmer-upper for the rest of the challenge!

Great capture.... You really get the sense of size from this imposing structure coming through in the picture, and plenty of patterns to pick from!

Hi Stan, that's a cracking shot, the symmetry is spot on, it's almost like looking through a black & white kaleidoscope :)

Great image… nothing much else to add… love the alternative viewpoint!

Mark

Great start Stan, it can be really tricky getting a shot like that as symmetrical as you have. (y)

Great image… nothing much else to add… love the alternative viewpoint!

Mark

Thanks Mark

Great start Stan, it can be really tricky getting a shot like that as symmetrical as you have. (y)

Thanks Colin. Took me over 10 shots to get this one near symmetrical. Not easy for an oldie like me to bend backward and looking straight up. o_O

I had no idea what this was when i first looked at it. Still didn't the second time either, but now I know I can see it.... Well thought out and a good variation of the theme.

Great start Stan (y)
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

I had no idea what this was when i first looked at it. Still didn't the second time either, but now I know I can see it.... Well thought out and a good variation of the theme.

Thanks Mandy for dropping by. I should've explain in the OP.

Great start Stan (y)
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Thanks Simon, appreciated.

Welcome to 2015 52s Stan, what a great image to start with! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Back