weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

rpn

Name
Stan
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
First submission of 2017. This was taken a couple of days ago and only have time to process it. I was thinking about this week's theme and noticed this looking out the bedroom window. The warm morning colours and cloud formation remind me of this song by Cat Steven.

Week 0 - Song Title (Morning Has Broken)

Morning Has Broken by Stan, on Flickr

Glorious colours and framed by the trees either side. It's hard to think that you could look at this and consider it was broken :D It fits the theme (y)

Beautiful sunrise Stan - like those trees silhouetted against that stunning sky.

If it wasn't for the horizon in this image that sky looks totally from another world. Truly beautiful warm colours and cloud patterns.

Cracking sunrise and a perfect shot for the song title.

Bang on topic and love the silhouette of the trees against that lovely sky. Good start :)

Storming pic, fabulous colors and love the silhouette of the foreground.......

Glorious colours and framed by the trees either side. It's hard to think that you could look at this and consider it was broken :D It fits the theme (y)

Nice start to the year, lovely colours, I wish it was like that here!

Well framed shot and beautiful colours, wish it was here (y)

Thanks all, that was the last time and have been damp and miserable the last two mornings.

Wow...and what a morning! I like the framing with the tree silhouettes.

Thanks, Emma.

Fabulous Stan, I love that song and that is the perfect photo to accompany it, a real beauty to start the year. :clap:

Thank you, Susie, glad you like it.

Beautiful sunrise Stan - like those trees silhouetted against that stunning sky.

Cheers Carl. I'm happy I manage to start this year on time.

What a cracking (practice) shot. Love the framing and colours :)

Well, I like a good colourful sunrise shot. Very well done!

Cracking start to the New Year Stan, the colours, the framing and the song too! My only crit is it is Cat Stevens ;)

Hello, I like this because it has a very colourful sky.

I wish the tree was not in on the left side.

Thanks.

Wonderful colours, 3rd year running :clap:

Cheers.

Thanks, Andy, trying my best to complete a hat-trick of 52's but no. 4 overall.

If it wasn't for the horizon in this image that sky looks totally from another world. Truly beautiful warm colours and cloud patterns.

Cheers Dom.

Cracking sunrise and a perfect shot for the song title.

Thanks, Chris, this year's practice theme must be one of the most open with literally endless possibility.

Stunning colours Stan, love the silhouetted trees too, as for the song title, perfect and one of my Primary School favourites :)

Thanks, Dean. The song brings back my secondary school days. Care free and wild. :)

A beautiful image, loving all those colours, good luck with the rest of your challenge.

Thanks, Mandy. Will try my best to complete this year.

Bang on topic and love the silhouette of the trees against that lovely sky. Good start :)

Cheers, Ian. Pleased you like the shot and thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment.

Nice sunrise with good silhouettes of the trees and buildings, good start, they used to make us sing that as a class in music lessons in middle school.
not good memories, but thinking back amusing :)

I too like the trees sihouetted against that vibrant sky

Well, I like a good colourful sunrise shot. Very well done!

Cheers, Bernd.

Loving the colours you've captured there Stan.
I like the way you've used the silhouetted tree on the right to balance the cloud on the left.

Thanks, Tim. I'm quite happy with the result.

Cracking start to the New Year Stan, the colours, the framing and the song too! My only crit is it is Cat Stevens ;)

Thanks Jill. Well spotted. :)

Nice one. I really like the processing in this. Great range of tones :)

To me this is a quintessentially UK scene, beautifully taken and very evocative of my youth. When I thought the world was an orderly place.

Reactions: rpn
Really well thought out, I like the processing very good indeed

That is a lovely looking terraced Stan. I like the perspective and the tiny figures at the far end. Processing is spot on and sympathetic to the architectural era.

Reactions: rpn
To me this is a quintessentially UK scene, beautifully taken and very evocative of my youth. When I thought the world was an orderly place.

Cheers, Roger. Yes, those were the days and a different world too.

Really well thought out, I like the processing very good indeed

Thanks, Allan. I need a bit of help from Nik Silver Efex software to achieve the look.

That is a lovely looking terraced Stan. I like the perspective and the tiny figures at the far end. Processing is spot on and sympathetic to the architectural era.

Thanks, Carl. I was lucky with the two figures as happened at the end of the street at the time. They give an anchor point for the eyes to rest on when you look along the line of houses. Also, the leading line (pavement) vanishes at the figures too.

Back