weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2023 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added and Complete

rpn

Name
Stan
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for dropping by. This is my TP52 Photo Challenge no. 10.

Like all my previous years, I have no particular goals or aims other than trying to enjoy my hobby of taking pictures.
A4LjIvz.gif

Feedback, comments and critique are all welcome and greatly appreciated.

Week 52 - Showcase
Week 51 - Festive
Week 50 - Old
Week 49 - Wet
Week 48 - Arrows
Week 47 - Autumnal
Week 46 - Wall + Wide Angle Technique
Week 45 - Snapper's Choice
Week 44 - Captive
Week 43 - Spooky
Week 42 - Forgotten
Week 41 - Upright
Week 40 - Memory
Week 39 - Gates
Week 38 - Solid
Week 37 - Hollow
Week 36 - Urban
Week 35 - Snapper's Choice
Week 34 - Circles
Week 33 - Machine
Week 32 - Possession + Close Up Technique
Week 31 - Abandoned
Week 30 - Windows
Week 29 - Pretty
Week 28 - Unsightly
Week 27 - Ripped
Week 26 - Watching
Week 25 - Snapper's Choice
Week 24 - Sound + Composite Technique
Week 23 - Rubbish
Week 22 - Irregular
Week 21 - NearBy
Week 20 - Robust
Week 19 - Fragile
Week 18 - Distance
Week 17 - Liquid
Week 16 - Connected
Week 15 - Snapper's Choice
Week 14 - Smooth
Week 13 - Spring
Week 12 - Tunnel
Week 11 - Patterns
Week 10 - Full + Black & White Technique
Week 09 - Broken
Week 08 - Kitchen
Week 07 - Letter
Week 06 - Knob
Week 05 - Snapper's Choice (Light Painting)
Week 04 - Transparent
Week 03 - Artificial
Week 02 - Incomplete
Week 01 - Your/My Area

Last edited:
Here goes, the start of another 52's.

This is the entrance to Aberdeen harbour recently rebranded to Port of Aberdeen. The port was established in 1136 and has been continually redeveloped over the centuries. It was a base for significant fishing and shipbuilding industries. But since the 70's it provides support to the UK North Sea offshore oil and gas industry.

Week 01 Your/My Area

Porca Quay by Stan, on Flickr

Nice shot Stan! I've only been to Aberdeen once many years ago. All I remember was walking between bars in the early hours without a jacket on (Brrrrrrrrr) and lots and lots of whisky :)

Reactions: rpn
Nice shot Stan! I've only been to Aberdeen once many years ago. All I remember was walking between bars in the early hours without a jacket on (Brrrrrrrrr) and lots and lots of whisky :)

Thanks, Dave. Good to know you enjoyed our National Drink
lZGEpDZ.gif
and that's the only thing you need to keep you warm. You didn't miss much either.

I love the leading line of the rail, and all the colours and lights make for an interesting picture!

Not been to Aberdeen, but have been to Inverness and Edinburgh. I’m not much of a whiskey fan, however, Simon very much is! His favourites include: Tomintoul, Glenfiddich and Laphroaig.

I love the leading line of the rail, and all the colours and lights make for an interesting picture!

Not been to Aberdeen, but have been to Inverness and Edinburgh. I’m not much of a whiskey fan, however, Simon very much is! His favourites include: Tomintoul, Glenfiddich and Laphroaig.

Thanks, Sophie. It was taken last night during Blue Hour. Quite tricky to process trying to balance the WB of the daylight on the left and the sodium-vapor street light on the right.

Nicely composed and captured - good work.

Cheers, Paul.

Nice shots Stan.
And your'e going to have some fun putting that lot away! :wacky:

Nice start to the challenge.
Wish it was like that here, it's just grey and raining and really windy.

Your chosen shot is the one Stan. The colours are great and the leading lines of the railings works well.

I have been to Aberdeen twice, to get the overnight to the Shetlands and it's return later on.

Blimey, lots of comments Stan !!!
I do light your choice for the main thread. I feel you've caught the light at just the right point.

Thanks, Tim. Everyone is keen at the start of the challenge.

Your chosen shot is the one Stan. The colours are great and the leading lines of the railings works well.

I have been to Aberdeen twice, to get the overnight to the Shetlands and it's return later on.

Cheers, Pete. I have only done that ferry journey once from Shetland to Aberdeen due to weather conditions.

I do like night shots as it changes the perspective, lots of colour and interest. Nice shot well done.

Love the leading lines and you have the exposure spot on Stan. I love the light on the railings. Focus point is spot on with the railings in focus and a slightly blurred background.

That's a great picture and a rather tasty-looking selection of Whisky too!

Thanks, Simon.

I do like night shots as it changes the perspective, lots of colour and interest. Nice shot well done.

Thanks, Keith. That's what our hobby of photography is about; painting with light.

I like the way you used the railing to lead the eye in, and the slow shutter has a nice effect on the water. Nice colours too.

Well timed, lovely sky and nice starbursts from all the lights. Well composed too.

great light you went at the right time lovely scene

Great image Stan, love the colours and the composition is spot on.

Lovely shot Stan. Nicely composed and the colours are beautiful. You've shot that just at the right time of day.

Back