weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2022 - Week 52 SHOWCASE and COMPLETE

As the song goes 'It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life.....' "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone.

Up early this morning going to the orthodontist and this scene greets my eyes as I drove along the seafront.

Week 01 New

New Day by Stan, on Flickr

Yeah, I can go for that. The colour fade in the sky is really nice.

Reactions: rpn
Another idea I was considering but the weather wasn't looking too hopeful for this week so went down a different path!

2 things I love - the sea and sunrises (or sets!). Just the right exposure to get nice, deep colours and keep a little detail in the sea.

Yeh one of my ideas too but this morninga sunrise was non existent. (y)

Yeah, I can go for that. The colour fade in the sky is really nice.

Thanks, Nick. With the right weather condition, the sky colours are quite spectacular in the winter sunrises up here in NE Scotland.

Another idea I was considering but the weather wasn't looking too hopeful for this week so went down a different path!

2 things I love - the sea and sunrises (or sets!). Just the right exposure to get nice, deep colours and keep a little detail in the sea.

Thanks, Nod. I was pretty stuck with ideas for this theme until, somehow, the song come to my head yesterday. I was lucky too with a) the weather condition and 2) having the camera with me this morning.

Nicely done, and a good alternative fit for the theme.

Love,y shot, I must remember to look around next time I go to the dentist!!!

Good one Stan - and a little foreground interest at the right really helps.

Great idea. I reckon you could have squeezed an ICM in here too :) Hope the orthodontists went well.

Thanks, Bebop. The wire retainer was causing some problem but all sorted now £120 later.

That’s lovely Stan. A great start to the day and the 52.

Thanks, Pete.

A nice New day Stan, good colours considering it has just grey for so long.

Pete

Nice shot Stan, I like how you've processed the colours.

Lovely sunrise you've captured. It definitely ticks the box.

This unusual set of immense gate piers is located within Aberdeen University Campus, the Powis Gates once served as the grand entrance to Powis House. Comprising cylindrical towers inspired by Turkish-style minarets, complete with parapets, this romantic folly was built around 1837. The piers are topped by conical slate caps crowned with golden orbs and crescent finials. These Muslim style towers with minarets have provoked much interest over the years.

Week 02 Old

Powis Gate by Stan, on Flickr

Nice tight composition, and certainly unusual and fit the theme well. Nice to see/hear about the history of these shots.

Nice tight composition, and certainly unusual and fit the theme well. Nice to see/hear about the history of these shots.

Thanks, Simon. The shot was taken from this morning walkabout the University Campus with an old Fujifilm X-T2 and a fixed focus 56mm f/1.2 R lens.

LOL, just read Tim's comment and the was where my mind went as well. A nice shot Stan and a very interesting story to go with it.

Back