weekly Sonriendo's 52:2014 Thread - #9 Positive/Positivo

Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay, so having completed by the skin of my teeth the 365 in 2013, I'm going for the 52 this year.

Hopefully on completeing this I'll be a lot happier with a higher percentage of my shots than those for the 365, where a lot were taken purely because I needed "something".

Hoping mostly to improve my creativity with this one ;)

Ha, like it alot. Very good interpretation!
Great start good take on the theme
Hiya Sarah! I like that, good use of negative space, nice clean bg too.

Thank you very much - my large piece of white paper and bounce flash off ceiling method :D Seem to have got it off to a T now :D

Yep...neat!!

Nice to see you in here Bob, am hoping to be able to keep up with more regular commenting this way and go for quality not quantity this year ;)

Hi, good start. I might have been tempted to get in a little closer and maybe have the white egg front left or right in the box.

Good lighting though....and interesting avatar :)

Cheers.

Hi, good start. I might have been tempted to get in a little closer and maybe have the white egg front left or right in the box.

Good lighting though....and interesting avatar :)

Cheers.

I never thought of moving the egg - you could be right though *nodshead*

That's me with my first thing in the morning cup of tea and special hairdo :D I wasn't naked ;)

Hi Sarah,
I like it, nicely placed in the frame, nicely lit and I think the eggs fine where it is

What a lovely clean concept, well shot. Great start to the year!
Hi Sarah,
I like it, nicely placed in the frame, nicely lit and I think the eggs fine where it is

Thanks a lot :)

Good stuff, though looks a bit odd scewed to the right as it is ;) Nicely execused technically so job done really

I am completely useless at keeping horizons, etc. straight - they look ok in the viewfinder, but once on the PC :eek: I tried really hard when I cropped it - but just couldn't get it to look quite square - it's annoying me too :LOL:

I am completely useless at keeping horizons, etc. straight - they look ok in the viewfinder, but once on the PC :eek: I tried really hard when I cropped it - but just couldn't get it to look quite square - it's annoying me too :LOL:

Maybe worth trying the custom tab on the lens correction filter in PS. Use the horizotal perspective slider

Maybe worth trying the custom tab on the lens correction filter in PS. Use the horizotal perspective slider

I always forget about that - it should really be closer to the top in Lightroom - it's so important to lens correct too - which is another thing Lightroom is so good for :)

Good to see you taking on another challenge Sarah. Maybe a stupid question but where does the theme for each week come from?

Good to see you taking on another challenge Sarah. Maybe a stupid question but where does the theme for each week come from?

Must be mad :eek:

There's a thread here giving all the rules and the current theme.

Good image, Sarah. I like the minimalistic approach, I gone for a minimalistic image myself. All this image needs now is a tesco logo in the top right and it ready for for every supermarket in GB. ;)

If I work out how to subscribe to a thread i'll subscribe (y), I look forward to the rest of your work

Good image, Sarah. I like the minimalistic approach, I gone for a minimalistic image myself. All this image needs now is a tesco logo in the top right and it ready for for every supermarket in GB. ;)

If I work out how to subscribe to a thread i'll subscribe (y), I look forward to the rest of your work

Thank you MrNicholas :) I think that once you've commented you are subscribed :D

Hi Sarah - Welcome to the 52 :)

I'm sure you will love it after doing a 365, although having just one but a theme may at time seem worse :LOL:

Odd - Great first shot, Really like the clean look, and such a good background (Something I really struggle with)... I know where to come for more tips :D

Hi Sarah - Welcome to the 52 :)

I'm sure you will love it after doing a 365, although having just one but a theme may at time seem worse :LOL:

Odd - Great first shot, Really like the clean look, and such a good background (Something I really struggle with)... I know where to come for more tips :D

Thank you - I think I've just got lucky with my backgrounds - it's no more than a large sheet of white paper and the flash (on ETTL :oops: :$) bounced off the ceiling - my ceiling must just be at a good height ;)

I'm hoping that the theming of it is going to force me to be a bit creative tbh.

HI Sarah & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Liking your 1st image....simple but effective & different....agree with Andy about the placing of the white egg..
You must have plenty of creativity TBh to complete a 365.....mind boggling :)

HI Sarah & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Liking your 1st image....simple but effective & different....agree with Andy about the placing of the white egg..
You must have plenty of creativity TBh to complete a 365.....mind boggling :)

Hello Lynne - didn't you start the 365 with us last year? Or I may just have confused you with someone else :thinking: I'm hoping for a bit of quality over quantity this year ;)

Hi sarah, this is probably my favourite so far. Really like the lighting nice and clean.

Look forward to following your progress

Thank you very much Dan, high praise indeed :)

Stunning shot, I love the low contrast of the body profile which make the eyes and lipstick line really pop.

Brilliant shot, love the high key style of this. The lighting is spot on and the eyes are pin sharp. Very we'll done. (y)

Hi Sarah, very strong pic and a great interpretation of the theme,
Very impressed with both of your entries, excellent high key image:clap:

Thought we were still on Odd for a minute!

Excellent shot: very imaginative, well lit and shot.

Stunning shot, I love the low contrast of the body profile which make the eyes and lipstick line really pop.

Thank you - handily #1 Girlie is very happy to model for me.

Brilliant shot, love the high key style of this. The lighting is spot on and the eyes are pin sharp. Very we'll done. (y)

Thanks, helps that she has stunning eyes to start with.

Hi Sarah, very strong pic and a great interpretation of the theme,
Very impressed with both of your entries, excellent high key image:clap:

Thank you, I've quite surprosed myself actually it can only go down hill from here :LOL:

Hi Sarah - very imaginative interpretation and I love the lighting.
Any chance of sharing how it was achieved?

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out myself - lighting on camera flash bounced off ceiling, white reflector thing pulled out and she held a silver reflector at about waist level parallel to the ceiling. Nothing tricksy here and flash in ETTL as I've yet to learn how to use it properly :LOL:

Two great entries so far, well done.

Thank you, as above I've quite surprised myself :LOL:

Stunning take on the theme looks very good.

Thanks, stunning and patient model helped ;)

Oooo another great shot, love high key images like this, good how the shoulders blend into the background, and excellent eyes and lips - Nice One (y)

Thank you Mr Knight sir :) Not too sure if I'm going to be able to keep the standard up actually :LOL:

Back