weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2013 Weeks 50,51 and 52, Fantasy, Fit and Water added - P&BD and Finished

Oh, yeah...:LOL::LOL:

Like it. I wasn't sure about the apple, thought I'd like to see a tad more.

The green compliments the red and the frogs made me chuckle.

BG, almost there.

Good show.

Hi Alan, Season is very original and well though out, gravitation forces of the tides. Well in theme. Gravity (edit): SUPERB. Can't say any more that, colours, originality. A cracker.

I really like gravity. Selective highlight adjustments would blow out the background nicely though!

Hi ya

love it....both the original & the full version....beautifully sharp ,great little figurines & a fab idea...spot on for me mister :clap:

Hi Alan, Season is very original and well though out, gravitation forces of the tides. Well in theme. Gravity (edit): SUPERB. Can't say any more that, colours, originality. A cracker.

I really like gravity. Selective highlight adjustments would blow out the background nicely though!

Hi ya

love it....both the original & the full version....beautifully sharp ,great little figurines & a fab idea...spot on for me mister :clap:

great fun.. love the frogs.. the version with all the apple works best for me.. :)

great fun pic don't mind either

Thanks folks for the kind comments. I am pleased that you took the time to look

Hi Alan, I really like this, good composition, it's sharp and detailed and the colours are great. That sea really is wild isn't it. WoW. You nearly nailed it.

All except for one thing... Check your horizon. ;)

9.9 out of 10 (y)

Hi Alan, I really like this, good composition, it's sharp and detailed and the colours are great. That sea really is wild isn't it. WoW. You nearly nailed it.

All except for one thing... Check your horizon. ;)

9.9 out of 10 (y)

B....r, b....r - all that faffing about and the one thing I forget is the thing that I usually do before anything else

Thanks for the kind comments and pointing out the blee...g obvious (y):D

horizon seems flat enough to me, it's more lens distortion as the building to the right seems correct.

nice clear sharp subject, well composed. lower without the railing would also work, but as you said, you'd have to get right up into the splashing zone

I was hoping someone would pull out some "wild weather", and you just have - top shot Alan. You've even found some railings to start in the lower left corner - marvellous!!!

I really like the wild seafront, so often such shots look dull colourise due to our weather but you've got A great bright scene there

nice wild sea and it looks like a bright day, nice idea and take on the theme (y)

Hey Alan :)

Wild - DAMN... that sure is, what a great sea, won't mention the horizon... as the TP Horizon Police would be here before you know it :police:

Liking the crop and the breaking waves - nice one (y)

Thanks DK - but been nicked already :nono: so edit posted

horizon seems flat enough to me, it's more lens distortion as the building to the right seems correct.

nice clear sharp subject, well composed. lower without the railing would also work, but as you said, you'd have to get right up into the splashing zone

Thanks Wuyan - i was about 5 metres above the lower level which would have been ideal but too wet.

I agree a great wild submission! Its amazing how wild the sea is! Great focus/dof!

Thanks Lee

I was hoping someone would pull out some "wild weather", and you just have - top shot Alan. You've even found some railings to start in the lower left corner - marvellous!!!

Kind words, Graham

I really like the wild seafront, so often such shots look dull colourise due to our weather but you've got A great bright scene there

I was taken by how bright it was that morning.

nice wild sea and it looks like a bright day, nice idea and take on the theme (y)

Thanks Allan

really like that, makes me feel like im there.

As a kid this is the only time i saw the sea as my dad wasn't one for going with everyone else on hot sunny days, so we went on horrible days :LOL:

Definitely the wildest I've seen so far, excellent shot and wildly on theme!

Great photo Alan (and looking back amazing pictures every week!), these are the kind of the shots I can only dream of taking! Looking forward to the rest of your 52 :)

Limited time, I'm afraid, so quick comments...

On theme and does scream Wild.

Wonder what it would look like photographing along the tide break wall?

Cheers.

really like that, makes me feel like im there.

As a kid this is the only time i saw the sea as my dad wasn't one for going with everyone else on hot sunny days, so we went on horrible days :LOL:

Glad it brought back memories, Lisa

Definitely the wildest I've seen so far, excellent shot and wildly on theme!

cheers Chris

Great photo Alan (and looking back amazing pictures every week!), these are the kind of the shots I can only dream of taking! Looking forward to the rest of your 52 :)

Thanks Matt - just keep going. i must admit that I have had a lot of ideas thus far for the themes whereas last year i struggled a bit.

Fantastic shot, one of my favourites for wild! Well done!

Cheers Donnie

Great image, nuff said (y)

Ta

Limited time, I'm afraid, so quick comments...

On theme and does scream Wild.

Wonder what it would look like photographing along the tide break wall?

Cheers.

Good idea Andy. My first time at this location and need to find a spot where I and the kit are a bit more sheltered but still get the scene. Has to be well timed tho because of the combination of high tide (usually only once in the daylight at this time of year), high wind and sunshine.

Excellent Wild photo! You've caught it perfectly.

Thanks Jamie

Nice job Alan, first glance, there's definitely a space there.... First thought I'd have rather had the face of the books in than the backs, but then the numbering wouldn't work.

The numbers also back up teh fact there is a space for something, rather than just a gap.

What was your reasoning not to include the whole of the back cover of the books??

Last edited:
bang on theme, nicely exposed I assume the BG was a bit difficult so you cropped it?

Hi Alan, I haven't looked in in a while apologies. :(

Your edit of gravity with the whole apple gets my vote.
I understand your view about not including the whole apple because of the shadows but do the shadows not add some depth and form? Its no bad thing to include them I feel, as the apple is a little tight against the bottom of the frame. I am just pondering here Alan, please feel free to ignore :LOL:

Wild, again bang on theme (y)
I particularly like the colour, so often we see these shots as B&W but I feel the colour makes it all the more vibrant and energetic. Definitely a place to revisit and try from some different positions notwithstanding gear (and you) protection ;)

Space, again on theme but maybe a wee tweak to the composition to show more of the space through the books? IMHO

Like the idea, again nicely light. Works with the theme for me!

Nice job Alan, first glance, there's definitely a space there.... First thought I'd have rather had the face of the books in than the backs, but then the numbering wouldn't work.

The numbers also back up teh fact there is a space for something, rather than just a gap.

What was your reasoning not to include the whole of the back cover of the books??

Thanks Graham.
First point - shot the front of the books (no 8 is Puddings so appetising!) but main reason for not using was because of the numbering and the spine words were more difficult to read. But i agree that a possibilty and just my preference.

Good point about the back of the book - and one of the reasons i like this forum cos I get comments which make me question my approaches. 2 reasons - #1 tried to crop to make the gap the focal point on the the third from right #2 to keep the books close together the rear parts are held by an elastic band :D and wanted to exclude. But your query has led me to rethink the shot as i might have done it .. thanks

bang on theme, nicely exposed I assume the BG was a bit difficult so you cropped it?

Good perception (y)

Hi Alan, I haven't looked in in a while apologies. :(

Your edit of gravity with the whole apple gets my vote.
I understand your view about not including the whole apple because of the shadows but do the shadows not add some depth and form? Its no bad thing to include them I feel, as the apple is a little tight against the bottom of the frame. I am just pondering here Alan, please feel free to ignore :LOL:

Wild, again bang on theme (y)
I particularly like the colour, so often we see these shots as B&W but I feel the colour makes it all the more vibrant and energetic. Definitely a place to revisit and try from some different positions notwithstanding gear (and you) protection ;)

Space, again on theme but maybe a wee tweak to the composition to show more of the space through the books? IMHO

Tkanks Iain.
Gravity - I think that the comments have helped me for composing something like this in the future.

Wild - I think that as usually the weather is poor when there are high tides, often shots are a bit grey and so better to convert to b&w to get the contrast and drama? I did not want this and was lucky with the bright sunshine at my back (altho I did go out with this in mind:))

Space - fair point. I tried it with a torch at the rear of the gap but did not work. Also I wanted to get the gap to be indicative of one book missing - as it is, it is slightly wider that the book any way but did not want to go more.

I really like this, DOF and bang on theme (y)
Thanks Dave

Great idea Alan, I can't offer any crit other than the crop already mentioned - real nice lighting (y)
Cheers DK

Like the idea, again nicely light. Works with the theme for me!

Thanks Lisa

Hi ya

Space....great take on the theme ,nicely exposed & laid out & sharper than a sharp thing (y) Only slight niggle & one I suffer with....lower rhs of the BG has just a very slight change of color

Wild....fab scene , great focus & capture of the waves....I like this one (y)

Back