weekly susiejb 52 /2014 Support

On theme and cracking colours. Overall good composure. Being critical, I'd just like the front umbrella placed the same as the right one.

Cheers.

Fantastic colours Susie! Not sure why, but it somehow puts me in mind of a fairground - which also fits with the idea of fun :clap:

Fun it might be, but............'I sense a hangover' ;)

Really like the way you've lit this Susie, the colours certainly give it a fun feel (y)

Very vivid colours, spot on theme.

Thank you for taking a look...much appreciated :)

:p bright isn't it.

Nice vivid colours.

Thank you for taking the time to look :)

I like the colours and idea on this one but am finding it a little too dark to keep my attention.

Thanks you for the comment, it does seem to look a bit 'over' dark on some screens, not sure how to get over that.

Nice colourful idea Susie - works well for the theme (y)

Well it's hard to miss isn't it :) thanks DK for taking time to comment.

Can't quite make out what this is. Nice bright colours and looks like fun.

Cocktail time :) I must try and get these images a bit brighter.

Fantastic colours Susie! Not sure why, but it somehow puts me in mind of a fairground - which also fits with the idea of fun :clap:

Yes it does look a bit bright and swirly doesn't it Elaine...thanks for taking a look ... although it would be hard to miss :)

Fun it might be, but............'I sense a hangover' ;)

Really like the way you've lit this Susie, the colours certainly give it a fun feel (y)

It's pure water in those glasses Phil ;) yes, those mats and glasses certainly give a bright glow to it don't they.

Good colours, I get a fairground feeling as well :)

Hi there, thank you for taking a look :).... hopefully it does convey a sense of fun

Pretty colours. Can only just work out what it is as it won't enlarge. Nice though.

I agree with Phil, great fun (y)(y)

Thanks Judi :)

Cracking image, Great colours good composition my only crit would be the same as Andy's about the umbrellas.

Thanks Mandy...yes....I am going to try to start giving more attention to detail.

much more fun than a church on theme well lit well done

Thanks Craig ..... I don't think the two ideas could be much further apart :)

Pretty colours. Can only just work out what it is as it won't enlarge. Nice though.

Thanks Martin...I'm not quite sure what size image to upload, I think this on is 650.

Hi Susie

Like the colors & lighting ,really bright fun image but possibly a little too busy for me . A little more light on the lh brolly to even it out & maybe move the circular topped stirrers to the other side of the front glass - so they kinda mirror the long stick things on the rhs of the front glass - I know that's a little long winded but hopfully you get where I'm coming from :thinking:

Great interpretation of the theme, lovely vivid colours.

Thank you ... hopefully it captured the sense of fun.

Hi Susie

Like the colors & lighting ,really bright fun image but possibly a little too busy for me . A little more light on the lh brolly to even it out & maybe move the circular topped stirrers to the other side of the front glass - so they kinda mirror the long stick things on the rhs of the front glass - I know that's a little long winded but hopfully you get where I'm coming from :thinking:

Thanks Lynne for taking the time to look and comment, much appreciated :) it was so tempting just to keep adding things :confused:

I'd might have been tempted to go with 'no ending' ........:thinking:......... unless you managed to swim out for that elusive pot of gold :D

It looks well exposed Susie, good colours, like the sky, well captured (y)

Sense: Gloooorious colour susie. Would like to see another version done with your lens right inside there.

Ending: HaHa ... nice idea, lovely image too. But yes of course rainbows don't have endings.

Last edited:
A lovely image Susie and a really original take on the theme :clap:

I'd might have been tempted to go with 'no ending' ........:thinking:......... unless you managed to swim out for that elusive pot of gold :D

It looks well exposed Susie, good colours, like the sky, well captured (y)

Thanks Phil .... it was a bit too nippy for swimming....my fingers and ears were numb :)

Sense: Gloooorious colour susie. Would like to see another version done with your lens right inside there.

Ending: HaHa ... nice idea, lovely image too. But yes of course rainbows don't have endings .

sense ... I quite fancy getting some of those sparkly glasses, I 'm sure I could use them to do something creative ...apart from drinking out of them :)

ending ... thanks d00d .... rainbows don't have endings ...they do sort of :D

Ending - lovely image, good composition nice colours I like it.

Thanks Mandy ....much appreciated.

Nice capture. The inclusion of the bench makes it for me.

Thanks Peter ...yes I agree ...it redeems it from being just another rainbow.

A lovely image Susie and a really original take on the theme :clap:

Thanks Elaine...I had so many ideas my head was spinning and I just couldn't decide. In the end I settled for something simple.

Well shot, exposure is ace.

Thanks David...glad you liked it :)

Seems to work. From a technical point of view I wonder what would happen if you had a polarising filter on the lens? The sky (assuming the sun is in the right place) would go a darker blue but I wonder what, if anything, would happen to the rainbow? Next time I see a rainbow I hope I have a PF to hand and I'll find out for myself.

Good ending shot. You have captured the colours well and I like the composition with the bench.

Seems to work. From a technical point of view I wonder what would happen if you had a polarising filter on the lens? The sky (assuming the sun is in the right place) would go a darker blue but I wonder what, if anything, would happen to the rainbow? Next time I see a rainbow I hope I have a PF to hand and I'll find out for myself.

i did try one of those once but wasn't too keen on the efect...not sure what it would do to a rainbow.

Good ending shot. You have captured the colours well and I like the composition with the bench.

Thank you...we were just leaving the beach and i took if from the car window so was really lucky to catch the bench in it.

Lovely shot Susie, I never have my camera around when there's a rainbow well done (y)

Thanks Judi...elusive things aren't they...I'm usually too late !

Like both images. I like the simplicity of the rainbow shot and how it swoops down from the top left hand corner into the sea. Some interest in the sky and colour contrast.

Ice cubes - different level of creativity. Good on you for having another go at the theme. Like it a lot.

Well, the rainbow was most fortuitous - not seen one of those for ages.

I do like the ice cubes though, good use of DOF and nicely lit

Both nice pics rainbow works really well and I agree with sarah above about the ice cubes

Back