weekly 2009, 2011, 2016! Kennysarmy's third 52 week challenge...

Happy Like the dof good shot
Camouflage - I have a collection like that. I didn't see it till the Cadbury comment then couldn't believe I missed it it jumped out at me great pic well done
Dangerous - good street shot different take on the theme.

Happy - A real nice image that, good focal point, very effective DoF, scrummy looking chips and doesn't looked staged at all, a great little football ground image :)

Camouflaged - Soooooooooo many buttons I gave up looking for the intruder :whistle: - A real nice busy colourful image

Dangerous - Very true !!! ... well in my opinion :)

Hi Jeff. Topical certainly especially in relation to this forum and this theme. A bit one-dimensional but like the DoF.

I think the shallow DOF adds a kind of depth and adds interest to this image, also it draws me back to the date on the publication. Well shot.

Great interpretation of the theme. DoF fine as it is in my eyes. Photography always topical here.

Hello Jeff, good idea for the theme, I like the DoF but it could also work the other way.

Nice image Jeff - giving us all hope of spring just around the corner. Lovely colour - like the single bloom composition.

Hi Kenny, topical is a solid image for the theme - works and gets you onto the next week which is half the battle for us all.

I really like your choice of image for Living World. I think your POV is spot on and the composition/lighting of the background is totally spot on - the mix of bokeh, highlights on leaves on floor all just come together to create a very balanced and interesting image. I do however feel the subject itself is lacking a bit of punch - perhaps it's slight soft but for me it's more about the lighting. Some strong backlighting (coming through the petals etc.) would really make it sing, or a bit of directional fill to give the yellow flower a bit more shape.

Still, it's a very good shot!

Topical - I really like the way the colours along the top, contrast with the prodomantly B&W image.

living world - Lovely lighting on the daffodil :clap:

Last edited:
Living World....One time where bright colour works Jeff. Got some just like it in my garden! :)

topical - just right for the theme
living world - lovely fresh feel to the picture and great colours

Great shot for Spiky Jeff I like the central positioning of the spike. The B&W really suits the image.

Gloucester Docks is somewhere I really need to get down to with the camera its only about an hour away

Spiky - great take on the theme, spot on! Only crit from me is the clouds look a little over processed for me, a little too HDR maybe? Really like the composition and the steps leading down into the shot though! (y)

Nobody can argue about it not being themed - that is a spike unquestionably. I really like the contrast and detail between the hard surface of the spike and the puffy white clouds. :clap:

What an erection! I never saw that in Glos Docks.

Love the PP, sharp outlines with biblical sky. :clap:

Yep that is definitely spiky, I like the central positioning of it and the path leading up to it.

Back