2015 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 we finally made it and its "Christmas" into the bargain

Why not, count me in. I've heard a lot about the 52 project from various members and it sounds a great way to get the camera out more often and also a way to get to know the forum members a bit more.
Looking forward to getting started

Rich
Welcome Rich, this sure will help get your camera out, it may have you pulling your hair out too though :D

Just in case Santa gets all of you up earlier than me tomorrow, the practice theme is now up (for the newcomers, see post #1 and the thread title)
A nice easy one to get you started :)

Same as last year, this isn't an 'official' part of the 52 and completely optional whether you do it or not.
For those of you who do want to get going though, it's an opportunity to get your threads up and running and warm up ready for next year.
Week 1 of the official themes will be picked on Friday 2nd January.

Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy !

Just in case Santa gets all of you up earlier than me tomorrow, the practice theme is now up (for the newcomers, see post #1 and the thread title)
A nice easy one to get you started :)
Ah yes I like that, (y) but I think that others may struggle to get a Cheetah gob shot though?

(Posted just for the hell of it so Sarah goes back to see if I did alter it :D)

Pah - cheetah's have got patterns haven't they?
See that's my problem, lack of lateral thinking. :(
I feel there maybe a zoo trip on the cards :D

Ok, call me keen or what, but mine is up. I know I won't get much chance this week, so figured I'd give it a go while waiting for Santa...
WTF! you do know you are giving the rest of us a bad name don't you?

:D

LOL! I just happened to be playing with the Siggy 35mm Art and saw the practice round was up - couldn't waste an opportunity :D

Oh, and let this be a lesson in disappointment - I will probably never go first again... ;)

Ok, call me keen or what, but mine is up. I know I won't get much chance this week, so figured I'd give it a go while waiting for Santa...

:D You do know that you're only torturing yourself now Graham, you've got to wait until the 2 January for the first theme to be drawn. How are your patience levels? :D

I am going to be a bit cheeky here and offer my view/opinion on doing the 52 having completed 3 since 2010 and finished on the halfway mark this year.

I found taking my time and thinking of the theme each week for a few days helped me come up with a few ideas for shooting the theme. I also found putting the theme into a phrase often presented a broader spectrum of ideas. Doesn't always work as some words sit better on their own, practice theme of patterns is a perfect example of this but generally, a phrase allows a little more lateral thinking.

Some weeks, a literal take on the theme would be the idea that sprung to mind and just couldn't shake it :D

I found the 52 themes really lent themselves to indulging in some creativity whilst occasionally it would be post and be damned. Post and be damned images would be a case of onward and upward to the next week.

Some weeks images would require the use of a shoehorn to nudge them into theme, whilst others require a little more persuading with liberal use of the crowbar :D

Feedback/comments? It's the old adage of "give and you shall receive"
I always looked on the 52 as a little community within the forum and it needs the support of the members/participants to thrive/survive.

Just my observations/opinion, feel free to ignore :D

Duly ignored as suggested :D

Just kiddin, some food for thought there Iain (y)

I am on the periphery looking in at the moment, not sure whether or not to dip back in to doing the 52 again.
I have a few other project ideas for next year that I want to do and try to take my photography forward or more in a different direction IYSWIM?

I am on the periphery looking in at the moment, not sure whether or not to dip back in to doing the 52 again.
I have a few other project ideas for next year that I want to do and try to take my photography forward or more in a different direction IYSWIM?
Well I was kinda conned into doing this,
I'm still not quite sure how it happened though :D
But I do really need to try and stretch myself a little more TBH

No pressure, but have you ever seen @SarahLee in her persuasive mood? :D
But good luck with what ever direction you take (y)

Well I was kinda conned into doing this,
I'm still not quite sure how it happened though :D
But I do really need to try and stretch myself a little more TBH

But good luck with what ever direction you take (y)

:D I watched that unfold, your.......ahem, volunteering for the 52.
Good luck with your 52 Chris, from your special place on the boy @Dark Knight spreadsheet

:D I watched that unfold, your.......ahem, volunteering for the 52.
Good luck with your 52 Chris, from your special place on the boy @Dark Knight spreadsheet
Now if someone would like to explain all that back to me
I'd be grateful :D

Thanks Iain I'm certainly gonna give it a good try :)

Really hope that you do fall down on this side of the fence and we get to see you take part Iain - but even if you don't, sincere thanks for the insight and tips. Great advice for everyone this year!

I'll give it another go this year.

Last year time just got away from me :)

:woot: Welcome back Mark!!!

You do know that gun wasn't actually loaded, don't you? :LOL:

Really looking forward to next year's... Was hoping to get a warm up photo while we're all down at my parents' but discovered all of my camera kit is here with the exception of that small and quite bespoke Pentax camera battery, which is sitting in the charger in Scotland :( still, two rolls of HP5 have nearly been used up in the other camera which doesn't require such electronic trickery!

still, two rolls of HP5 have nearly been used up in the other camera which doesn't require such electronic trickery!

:LOL: I think I need a lie down.
The festive spirit is obviously getting to me because for some reason I just read that as electronic turkey !!!

Hope you're enjoying your Christmas Paul and good luck for 2015.

Right after falling by the wayside this year I am going to give this another go, hopefully make it further than 9 weeks [emoji15].

Looking forward to this.

Back