2015 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 we finally made it and its "Christmas" into the bargain

Well been here two hours and its been the best photographic experience of my life. Eerily quiet and wonderful light. Think I've got my Scenic :)

Cheers.

& where is the evidence matey ? :whistle:

Missed loads of comments on Scenic entries. Sorry folks.

And I'm on an Alcohol Awareness course through work. So, no drinking for me on Saturday night :rolleyes:

Night all zzzzzzzzzzz

hahaha.....that's a belter that is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Right... Spreadsheet up to date AND I have also 'Relegated' all the entrants that have fired blanks so far :whistle:

I'm praying to wake up to a cracking sunrise out of my window in the morning so I can nab a coastal shot before I go to work, failing that it will be two themes for me this weekend, after all... it IS FRIDAY tomorrow !!!!

I best go do some comments... I'm determined to get around to everybody soon, give me a nudge if I have missed you so far guys, I'll be commenting from now up to 10:00pm tonight, so not long :)

Good luck tomorrow Andy, hope you get a few great shots !!!

Well my trip back from Derby certainly didn't see any scenic places in the miserable weather, running out of time rapidly :D
Sounds like we swapped places Dean, I've just back to Derby after a couple of days in Norwich on business. You're right though the scenery was dull and uninspiring :)

Guy's as a few of us have already said, don't feel bad, its almost impossible to drop by
everyone's, as long as everyone gets a few comments of encouragement, that's all that matters IMO (y)

Hey Dean, just checked the spreadsheet, and it says I got up to week 51 in 2013... I'm pretty sure I finished!

Hey Dean, just checked the spreadsheet, and it says I got up to week 51 in 2013... I'm pretty sure I finished!
Sorry Nick, that may have been the last year people updated it themselves, it was never accurate, I'll change it to a full 52 and move you :)

It's FRIDAY Sarah :woot:

Right... Spreadsheet up to date AND I have also 'Relegated' all the entrants that have fired blanks so far :whistle:

I'm praying to wake up to a cracking sunrise out of my window in the morning so I can nab a coastal shot before I go to work, failing that it will be two themes for me this weekend, after all... it IS FRIDAY tomorrow !!!!

I best go do some comments... I'm determined to get around to everybody soon, give me a nudge if I have missed you so far guys, I'll be commenting from now up to 10:00pm tonight, so not long :)

looking out our window and there is a cracking RED sun, but got to get to work :(

Good luck Dean

looking out our window and there is a cracking RED sun, but got to get to work :(

Good luck Dean
It was terrible here, got up at 6, no sign of descent cloud, left at 6:30 still looked poor, a big blanket of low heavy cloud :(

So I drove to work, looking in my rear view every time I got near a turning and not inspiring at all.... oh well :(

Anyway, moving on, I plan to try again in the morning, Alarm for 6:45, walk down to the beach and hope for something descent, sunrise is circa 7:45 so <fingers crossed>

I'd like a black & white theme :) darkroom time this weekend :eek: and wet printing :eek::eek:

BTW @Dark Knight ... Marsha looks very similar to Susie on the spreadsheet ;)
Really :LOL:

Will change that now if I can, a bit hard to get the link from my RT tablet grrrrrrrrr

Is the rule that you must use a photo not older than 2 weeks ? just making sure

Is the rule that you must use a photo not older than 2 weeks ? just making sure
There are no real rules TBH.
Everyone I believe is trying for a "fresh one" each week,
but there will be the slip-up, due to time constraints and crap themes no doubt :D

I have got round all my comments, but not been able to get my scenic shot as of yet. The weather has been against me, so my motorbikes been of the road. I hope to be able to get something over the weekend, if the weathers kind to me.

Another delinquent in the commenting department here. Sorry all, but I've tried to get to a few, and like a few. Some lovely work being posted, so looking forward to whatever comes out of the TP hat today.

I think the rule is you have 2 weeks to upload for each theme. Ie you can still upload for "fragile"
No, there's no time limit on how long you have to post each shot. I didn't start my 52s until February last year - and some started much later than me - but still caught up back to week 1 eventually!

Like Cobra said, there are no hard and fast rules, but for most of us I think that the idea of the Challenge is just to challenge ourselves to use our cameras more often, get the old brain cells working out how to produce different types of shots from what we would normally do in order to interpret the themes (ie stepping out of our comfort zones!) and hopefully learn something new along the way.

Last edited:
@SarahLee You found the Jaffa cakes I left laying around that just happened to have your name on them then?
:D

And the cheque is in the post (y)

Are you lot sure that you didn't fix the theme this week? o_O
I may just have stealth edited the theme as no one else liked
Quattuordecillion either :D

( And I can see a few of you furiously googling too :D )

Last edited:
I too must offer my apologies for no comments on images this week. I have been without internet for a week now and will not be connected till Monday - no thanks to Aol and Talk Talk!

Been doing snatches using Personal hotspot and mobile but not ideal. Promise to get back to normal next week.

Good luck everyone with Companions

Companions = Release the hounds :D

I have an idea for this but I'm not sure how it's going to pan out because its a bit different and may take some explaining. I'm gonna try it today or tomorrow... unless I come up with a different idea ;)

Back