2015 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 we finally made it and its "Christmas" into the bargain

Holy carp I must be mad, and I have decided to join in again :eek::wacky: I didn't do too well last year but I feel I am a little lost and not stretching myself enough photographically so I need a little challenge to keep me going!

Although having just looked at the spreadsheet I am pretty sure I won't be making it around to everyone for commenting, WOWZERS how many?

Nick (@Blank_Canvas) don't give up so soon, just do a few comments a day :)

Holy carp I must be mad, and I have decided to join in again :eek::wacky: I didn't do too well last year but I feel I am a little lost and not stretching myself enough photographically so I need a little challenge to keep me going!

Although having just looked at the spreadsheet I am pretty sure I won't be making it around to everyone for commenting, WOWZERS how many?

Hi Marsha, welcome back to the 52! You have had a good start.

Want to see the theme, want to see the theme.........

Well, well, well, here we are again, Friday.

Week 3 and let's get this party started :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Off out for a curry and a few beers tonight, hope you all have a cracking weekend (y)

Chests.

Well I've finally got around to commenting on others' photos ... Sorry for delay but work has been hectic! Snowflakes the size of quavers outside right now. Only an inch settled here though but then we are on the coast. I'm off climbing / hiking tomorrow up in the highlands as bizarrely it looks clear! Am I crazy? I hope the theme is suitably mountain related as I'll be taking my DSLR and my MF film camera up a couple of mountains!

OOoooooo This sure is a challenge for me, Scenic/landscapes not something I do much of currentley:thinking:

Happy Friday everyone :)
Evening Mike :)

Hey Marsha - Welcome back :wave:

Well, well, well, here we are again, Friday.

Week 3 and let's get this party started :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Off out for a curry and a few beers tonight, hope you all have a cracking weekend (y)

Chests.
That sounds wonderful Andy !!! have a great time (y)

May the weather stay clear for you. We have snow up Troodos just now, but too bloody cold for me!

Now that's a serious mountain! All of my stuff is usually between 1km and 1.3km vertical... basically just little hills compared to Troodos! We're wimping out tomorrow as our start point is nearly 500m up and our summits are just over the 1km mark... but then we'll be in fairly thick snow from the start (assuming we can get there... I've been deprived Mrs pjm's Landrover!)

Current forecast is for a good chance of clear tops. So I've decide I am going to lug an extra 2.5kg up in the form of my film camera. I won't have a chance to develop and scan those for this week, but hopefully I'll get some nice shots on Portra 400 alongside the DSLR :)

Think I may have to go on another mission this weekend. Should be fun if this weather keeps up, its been a bit blowy to say the least. Shame the snow is nowhere to be seen, a little dusting would make this week a piece of cake.

Kit ready for tomorrow morning at 5.30am:

72KiuIQ.jpg

Sadly that's only what I'm carrying... given the cold I'll be wearing another 4kg of gear although helped by only needing B1 boots (not icy/technical enough for B2s yet...)

I reckon the 2.7kg camera is probably the most important part of the kit bag though ;)

I must remember to pack some lunch as well. And get my poles from the garage. I suspect I'm going to get to the hills without one of those!

Scenic?

I must not photograph the Renault.

Sadly that's only what I'm carrying... given the cold I'll be wearing another 4kg of gear although helped by only needing B1 boots (not icy/technical enough for B2s yet...)

I reckon the 2.7kg camera is probably the most important part of the kit bag though ;)

I must remember to pack some lunch as well. And get my poles from the garage. I suspect I'm going to get to the hills without one of those!

Now that's TP52 dedication![emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

I'm going to struggle with this one I think, both in time and skills!![emoji23][emoji23] I've got something from a few weeks ago if time gets the better of me but I'd rather not use it. I would follow your example Paul but I'm fairly certain my alarm clock can't be set any earlier than 08:00 [emoji16][emoji16] - have fun!

72KiuIQ.jpg

Back, full of curry and slightly tipsey :)

That is some serious kit. The Mamlya is a sexy camera. Have a great day(y)

Scenic?

First thing I thought of.

Excellent theme.....off to Manchester tomorrow & it's gonna snow , snow & rain.....so that'll be not getting a scenic scene then :D

welcome back @The goblin ...'bout time you got your ass back in the 52's (y)...& as for it being too bloomin cold up Troodos...get ay thermals on girlie , there's some cracking shot's waiting up there :D

Good luck with the mountain @pjm1 ....mad, mad,mad ;)

@posiview ......noooooo, please nooooo......not another selfie:eek:

& good luck to everyone (y)

Scenic?

Funny I thought the same thing :D

I think my shot this week may be an archive,I leave on Monday to go back offshore for two weeks so it's definitely an easy option to go that route but then again I guess I could take a drive out tomorrow. Decisions decisions.

Nope the Double Deckers are, oh I've just realised I haven't had one of them in ages, can't get them here!

Now that's a serious mountain! All of my stuff is usually between 1km and 1.3km vertical... basically just little hills compared to Troodos! We're wimping out tomorrow as our start point is nearly 500m up and our summits are just over the 1km mark...
Lol Troodos is a mere pimple compared to the Himalayas, I did a trek there and we started at a height of 1km, Troodos is just under 2km! Them were the days when I had a film SLR, not that I would ever tackle those mountains again on foot, but I'd love to go back now with my camera!
I hope it went well for you.

Lynne I am going to try and get up Troodos this week, I need a day up there, it's supposed to be sunny this week so hopefully I'll get something scenic up there.

Back