52 from Dark Star - 26/52 Night 1 and Night 2

I think i nearly cut myself while looking at this image its so sharp! Lovely detail on the cogs, you can even see numbers and letters on them. Suits the subject well i think.

Cheers Anthony :)

Much appreciated!

This is the latest I've posted one of my 52s - a combination of a busy week, being away from home for a long stretch and a trip to London togging on Sunday.

On my Sunday trip I was looking for 'Time' and didn't realise I had taken it until 15 mins ago :)

This shot for me represents the passage of time

I adore photographing architecture - especially abstracts or, as in this case, the juxtapostion of styles.

This lovely old building against the stark background of that glass giant just emphasises for me how times have changed...:(

Time:

3611059817_a34550087a_o.jpg

A very clever interpretation John, I agree with Ruth your architecture shots are great.(y)

Thank you Mark and Jean - now I need some serious 'inspiration' :)

Must get that in on time :)

do you know what...i've looked at this photo a few times before commenting because there was something bugging me about it...and I now know what it is...

the letters on the weather vane are back to front....

I would have cheated ;) and mirrored the image...no one would ever know ;)

bet it would look great in black and white too....

complex....seriously sharp shot....well done....

Thanks Jeff - never too sure about my aility to do a decent mono conversion :) and as for those letters ...good idea...now why didn't I think of that :)

Catch up time...

Complex - definately fits the theme and I like the composition which is always difficult with such a busy subject.

Time - I like the old and the new but it's lacking a bit of oomph for me. I think you should give the mono conversion a shot - you might surprise yourself (y)

Unusually for me I'm in two minds about this shot. As Daysleeper says it's lacking a bit of oomph but I think that the distraction for me is by getting the old building straight my eyes are drawn to the way the new one slants away to the top RHS. Sorry :(

ps clone out that seagull :LOL:

Complex, well done John, that's a cracker...

Time, I like the idea, and it's well thought out. I like the shot, but there's something about it, and I can't put my finger on it, that's just not quite sitting right... (I know that's of no help whatsoever.... sorry).

DS, Jill and John thanks for the comments - seems like I missed the mark for some of you on this one :)

S'funny as I regard this as one of my better shots :) Ah well its all subjective :)

No matter - its all good stuff and Jill has proved her eyes are better than mine - it took me ages to spot that gull :D

I went back to look again, trying to find that gull... took me a while, but I also re read and spotted Kennysarmy's comment about the letters on the weather vane... I think that might well be it...

Inspiration...another long week in the Midlands and a busy weekend and being short of last week's subject meant I couldn't easily find this week's subject :D

But I have now :)

What inspires me? I've no idea and it differs day in day out - but I do know that when I am inspired the inspiration is felt in my heart :)

3629890990_3ff5ceca24_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one DS, I like the sentiment and the simplicity of the image.

Many thanks Pat, Gary, Ruth and Jill (y)

Glad this one works as I put my heart into it :D

Fantastic, simple yet effective.. best of the week for me so far. :clap:
Mark(y)

Development :)

I'm in on time at last :D

Bought myself a new toy this week - a Canon 50mm f1.4 - its luvverly :D

Thought I'd try it out for my development shot - so here's some natural development :)

3640562035_d57075b4b1_o.jpg

I'm sorry - I seem to have missed you shot last week.

Lovely shot it is too - very well executed and some warm and fuzzy sentiment to go with it. All good!

Development - you've nicked the one idea that I literally just had - damn you!! Why did I have to look at your thread now - damn me!! :bang:

Ah well, you've done a way better job than I would have anyway - looks so delicate :clap::clap:

I know very little about lenses - but I'm going to have to learn quick when I get a DSLR for my birthday. Am I right in thinking it's good because of the F1.4 - makes it faster?

Week 23: This really nails the theme - beautifully executed, too. A real winner. :clap:

Week 24: John, that's a cool shot - with a cool lens. :) You've judged it beautifully and it's got that graphic quality you do so well. I like, very much (y)

Jean

Jean - many thanks for those comments - much appreciated :)

I'm sorry - I seem to have missed you shot last week.

Lovely shot it is too - very well executed and some warm and fuzzy sentiment to go with it. All good!

Development - you've nicked the one idea that I literally just had - damn you!! Why did I have to look at your thread now - damn me!! :bang:

Ah well, you've done a way better job than I would have anyway - looks so delicate :clap::clap:

I know very little about lenses - but I'm going to have to learn quick when I get a DSLR for my birthday. Am I right in thinking it's good because of the F1.4 - makes it faster?

Thanks DS - sorry I got in first but don't let that deter you - give it a crack :)

Yes the 1.4 is a very fast lens and has a lovely optical quality that when opened up produces cracking bokeh on shallow dof shots and thats about as technical as I get :)

Sorry missed your shot last week...:(

But now I've seen it...it's a cracking shot mate...:clap::clap::clap:

as for this weeks shot there you go again with all the good ideas...:LOL:

I never thought once of plants...:eek:

but you pulled off another cracking shot with your new lens...(y)

Great stuff John

Superb John... Stunning DOF, sharp enough to cut yourself on, and as simple as can be.

Shorty, Marcus, Ruth and John - many thanks guys :) Glad this one worked :D

Excellent shot, nice and sharp
Jon

Sorry, catch up time for me, although you have been very busy producing some stunning work.

Complex:
This is a great capture, and the mixture of metal/oil/rust contrast perfectly and make this picture interesting to look at. well done :clap:

Time:
Another great architecture shot, with amazing clarity. I would love to know what lens you used for this shot.

Inspiration:
This is a nice simple shot perfectly executed. Fab!

Development:
Excellent shot, has everything, and now I have lens envy!!!

all super, well done :clap: :clap:

Excellent shot, nice and sharp
Jon

Many thanks Jon :)

Beautiful shot, sharp even though the lens is wide open.

Ta Gary - its a nice piece of kit :)

nice work...and nice lens too...just picked one up myself :)

only slight suggestion would be to crop some of the top off to give the leaf a bit more prominence..

Ta Jeff - its funny you should say that I had a hard time of where to crop this, if at all...as it is its almost as it was taken....the isolation of the tiny leaf in amongst all that space appealed to me :)

Sorry, catch up time for me, although you have been very busy producing some stunning work.

Complex:
This is a great capture, and the mixture of metal/oil/rust contrast perfectly and make this picture interesting to look at. well done :clap:

Time:
Another great architecture shot, with amazing clarity. I would love to know what lens you used for this shot.

Inspiration:
This is a nice simple shot perfectly executed. Fab!

Development:
Excellent shot, has everything, and now I have lens envy!!!

all super, well done :clap: :clap:

Angela many thanks for that catch up and its nice to see you back :)

Time and Inspiration were both shot with the same lens - my trusty Canon 70-200mm f4 :)

Cheers again all :)

What a cracking shot for Development :clap::clap::clap:

It´s so sharp (y)

Makes me want to get a macro lens (but don´t tell Reg :LOL:)

I´ll PM you about it ;)

Great take on the theme (as usual) :clap:

Another great plant shot to show development. Lovely and sharp in all the right places.

Mark(y)

What a cracking shot for Development

It´s so sharp (y)

Makes me want to get a macro lens (but don´t tell Reg :LOL:)

I´ll PM you about it ;)

Great take on the theme (as usual) :clap:

Many thanks Jill :) In fact this was one time I didn't use the macro :) Just my new 50mm :) Lovely piece of kit :)

Another great plant shot to show development. Lovely and sharp in all the right places.

Mark(y)

Cheers Mark, much obliged! (y)

Freedom

Stuck for ideas this week plus, for the most part, stuck indoors with a busted arm - torn or strained tendon - OUCH! :(

Anyway I was browsing yesterday's paper and this whacked me in the eyes

Not original, not clever, just apt :) Apologies for the cop out its not been a good week :(

3665000105_1daa02e23a_o.jpg

Back