68lbs Does The 52 Thing! Week 14 - Shoot (back upto date)

Well, it's Sunday evening and I am afraid to say that rain has stopped play! I left it too late thinking of an idea, and now it is throwing it down in bucketloads!

I am useless! :crying:

The train has left the station and I failed to board!

My ship has sailed!

Just call me Mister Nine Weeks! :bang:

Looks like this weeks shot might be a little late folks... sorry.

(makes note to pop back and ridicule for not keeping up later in the week :D)

Well, it's Sunday evening and I am afraid to say that rain has stopped play! I left it too late thinking of an idea, and now it is throwing it down in bucketloads!

I am useless! :crying:

The train has left the station and I failed to board!

My ship has sailed!

Just call me Mister Nine Weeks! :bang:

Looks like this weeks shot might be a little late folks... sorry.

Come on Lee, there's still time. Next weeks theme hasn't been posted yet, you can still crowbar something in here to keep you on track:D

your concerned that you have one week to catch up on,try catching up on 3-4 weeks did 3 weeks yesterday now only chemistry and candid to sort out all the best andy

makes note to pop back and ridicule for not keeping up later in the week

Well, I've asked for that!

It's Monday night now

And now it's Tuesday night. Tomorrow is Wednesday and I am out straight from work on Wednesdays so it won't get done then either. TBH, looks like I'll be lucky to get it done this week! Might have to post my 'test' shot at this rate, but I won't be happy if I do. :bang:

On a positive note, I have my idea for this week and should get it shot on Sunday if everything goes to plan. :D

Last edited:
On a positive note, I have my idea for this week and should get it shot on Sunday if everything goes to plan. :D

Like it did last week (week 1)? :D Sorry, I couldn't resist the cheap joke and I really, really do sympathise. I promise not to return to the theme of keeping up. Best of luck with the current week's plan for Sunday. :):):)

Jean

Ok, so I'm a week late and everyone else is posting their 'Candid' shot. Well, I've done that too... just haven't processed it yet! :p

In the meantime, I give you chemistry. Or to be more precise, the Wilton International Site on Teesside. This was the shot I had in mind from the outset, but getting out at dusk is very difficult with a young family when there's meals and baths to be done. Anyways, I finally managed it! Woohoo! A 30 second exposure with the 70-200L at ISO 100.

Week 10 - Chemistry

As every week, comments encouraged and I will do my best to comment on as many as possible too.

Well I will admit it was worth the wait as night shots go that's a cracker, shame you can't cut those bushes down on the right.

(y)

i'll give that one a (y) great image plenty to keep the eyes interested really like that

Yes I like that. The steam from the chimneys helps to set it off I think.
Have you got a very slight lean to the right?

Agreed, worth waiting for.

That is a very nice shot. I can't really say more than that.

Now where's Candid? :LOL:

Andy

I like that lots!

Remember being oop north Sep time, somewhere near Middlesborough (Loftus?) and there was a huge chemical works thingy, or may have been a refinery :shrug: and thought, would love to come back and take a pic of this in the dark........

I am a big fan of 30 sec ISO 100 at night........ really love it!

Thanks for the comments all, and glad the pic seems to have been worth the wait. If I'd failed to get this shot yesterday I think I'd have had to post my 'setup' shot which was taken at midday with no lights and grey sky! :puke:

shame you can't cut those bushes down on the right

Unfortunately trying to find a clear spot was next to impossible. What you can't see are the 9' steel railings between me and the chemical works that restricted my field of view even more. It seemed to work better as the sky got darker though, as the bushes then started to blend into shadow.

Have you got a very slight lean to the right?

Possibly! I forgot to take my hotshoe spirit level... it's been that long since I shot a landscape. I did straighten it .4° in pp already so I'm not sure if the chimneys aren't all exactly vertical? :shrug:

Now where's Candid?

On my HD! :p

Just giving my Chemistry shot a couple of days breathing space before I upload it. :D

That's well worth the wait Lee... Lovely colours and the streamers of smoke really set it off nicely.

Awesome shot Lee.

The long exposure has worked really well on the smoke stacks. Can't really add much more. It's a lovely shot, and bang on theme.

10/10

Ian.

Lovin it (y) The colours, the light ..... it's great.
Tack sharp and bang on theme to boot.

ohh, thats fabulous, well worth waiting for IMO.. always want to take a photo of the stanlow oil refinery in cheshire at night, its humongous and looks great all lit up.. only ever pass it on the motorway though!

:razz: well I'm just going to have to forgive you for being late with this, because it's simply a brilliant shot!!!!
I don't suppose you have a bigger version do you? There's loads of detail in that and I bet it looks great viewed large on black.

Absolutely nothing that I don't like about it.
The lighting and the smoke are really atmospheric and I love the starburst effects on the spotlights.
It might seem odd to have a "favourite bit" in a shot like this, but I keep being drawn to that silver tower right on the far RHS. I love the way that the light is playing on the reflective surface and that small burst of light on the platform halfway up.

I had no idea that sort of industrial setting could look so beautiful :clap: :clap: :clap:

(I'm going to shut up now before it goes to your head ;) )

This isn't maybe as on theme as I was hoping, but again I knew where I was going to be shooting the minute the theme was selected. The shot is my daughter taking part in the Hula Hoops World Record Attempt for Sport Relief at Saltwell Park in Gateshead. We even decided to do our bit and run a mile afterwards... which is harder than it sounds when you've probably not moved your legs quicker than walking pace for at least 5 years and have a 70-200mm f/2.8 hanging around your neck!

Week 11 - Candid

As every week, comments encouraged and I will do my best to comment on as many as possible too.

Chemical.
What no jokes about Middlesbrough and smoke\chemicals? Just kidding, it's a great shot. The wispy smoke trails, the lighting, the dusk sky, fab.

Candid, very cute. Only thing that stands out is a light spot on the back of the kid just to the right.

RED, red, red, red ......

Our tutor always says that a 'something' in red in a picture helps focus attention ..... you have mine. It's really very nice indeed. I like the lighting, especially the shadow accross your daughters face make me think of sunny days. Wasn't too distracted by the other girls white sleeve until I noticed Steves comment.

A lovely shot Lee... it sure looks like it's on theme.. It works very well for me... I didn't notice the spot until Steve mentioned it, but I don't think it's an issue.

I'm catching up here.

Play - I love the subject, the composition and the cross-processing. Definitely says play to me.

Chemistry - a fantastic image and well worth waiting for. The colours and lighting effects are just superb.

Candid - another great shot. I would just clone out the highlight to the right which I find distracting.

:clap::clap::clap:

Firstly well done on getting up to date, and secondly thank you for the prompt and inspiration to get my 52 going again - have caught up 3 weeks tonight and now I know what the themes are I have a chance to do something about it. Really appreciate you taking the time.

I like your Chemistry shot a lot, in fact I think all the new ones are of a very good standard and all fit the themes well.

Really appreciate you taking the time to give me a prod to get going again. It's not the weeks we miss that matter, it's the weeks we do that count!

well I'm just going to have to forgive you for being late with this, because it's simply a brilliant shot!!!! Absolutely nothing that I don't like about it. I had no idea that sort of industrial setting could look so beautiful

He shoots... he scores! Who's the daddy! Yo-yo-whoop!

/me dances around the room!

I'm going to shut up now before it goes to your head

:whistle:

Only thing that stands out is a light spot on the back of the kid just to the right.

Hmm, in hindsight I have to agree. Might have to touch that out for the family album.

and secondly thank you for the prompt and inspiration to get my 52 going again... Really appreciate you taking the time to give me a prod to get going again.

No problem... I'm glad you took it positively. I'm scooting over to your thread to take a look now. (y)

That's a really nice shot for Candid. Shame about the shadow across her face, but not a lot you can do about it I suppose. Nice capture exposing for the shadow rather than the highlight.

Nice 'n' red too for grabbing the attention and the expression makes me smile. Not sure if it's concentration or "evil-mastermind-about-to-take-over-the-world-with-hula-hoops".

:)

Ian.

Really like the Chemistry shot - makes chemical factory look pretty

Well done to you all for doing your bit for Sports relief.

Lovely shot for Candid! Well done for your daughter on taking part.

The shaduw doesn't bother me one bit, fits the candid theme in my opinion.

Chemical shot is a real beauty, sharp colours and a very original take. The only thing that I would change is a 1 cm crop on the top. A bit too much sky for my liking.

Amazing work just caught up on your Chemistry and Candid shots. I can honestly say that i think those are better shots than i've ever taken :LOL:
Great work, iso great infact that i can't think of any criticism :p

Into week twelve and with the theme of 'produce' we were left with a multitude of interpretations and possibilities. Of course, I could have opted for the obvious and gone for a shot of some produce. Some locally grown vegetables perhaps, with maybe a nice cauliflower or some carrots. Instead I've gone for something slightly more abstract and 'produced' this really crap shot that I am almost embarrassed to post!

Why not take a look at my chemistry shot instead... I was quite pleased with that one! :)

Week 12 - Produce

I like it! It could only have been improved with the addition of a scantily clad model for the spuds to lay over. ;)

Back