A little challenge? 36EXP project.

I have now chosen a film and a camera...the only problem is that ive now had to order some new batteries for the camera. Should be delivered tomorrow, so ill be good to go soon (y)

Well, I've had confirmation that my films have arrived at AG (I posted them last Tuesday?) so I guess it was either very slow post or they've got a backlog of films to go through. Officially, C41 turnaround is 24 hours for develop only so I'm not sure how much extra time is needed for the digital contact sheet.

This is the point where it starts to get exciting with film and an expectation that digital doesn't deliver....just hope I've got some good results :0)

Well, I've had confirmation that my films have arrived at AG (I posted them last Tuesday?) so I guess it was either very slow post or they've got a backlog of films to go through. Officially, C41 turnaround is 24 hours for develop only so I'm not sure how much extra time is needed for the digital contact sheet.
It must be a backlog caused by this challenge they must be having to deal with at least 5 more films than they usually do, that surge in demand must be causing chaos and confusion in their processing department :runaway:

Last edited:
It must be a backlog caused by this challenge they must be having to deal with at least 5 more films than they usually do, that surge in demand must be causing chaos and confusion in their processing department :runaway:

If only there was a sarcastic emoticon.....:D

This is the point where it starts to get exciting with film and an expectation that digital doesn't deliver....just hope I've got some good results :0)

They say 5-6 days extra, but that was 4 weeks ago for me :LOL:

Yeah, both fair comments :0) I was originally going to just get the 35mm developed at Asda and then scan myself to create the contact sheet but as I needed a roll of 120 to be developed at the same time I went with AG again.

I'll update when (if) my films are returned.

Mine with the digital contact sheet was in and out of the lab within 24 hours. They received it probably on the Tuesday and it was scanned on the Wednesday as received. In lab Thursday and dispatched that night or early Friday. Sent second class I think as it didn't arrive until the Monday the following week.

Mine with the digital contact sheet was in and out of the lab within 24 hours. They received it probably on the Tuesday and it was scanned on the Wednesday as received. In lab Thursday and dispatched that night or early Friday. Sent second class I think as it didn't arrive until the Monday the following week.
That's good news hopefully this will become the norm.

This is probably because you are a girl and girls always get better service cuz girls are swots and creeps....:D

.......and Dispatched. I reckon AG must like me ;0) Now I just need to find out if I actually took any useful photographs!

So then Rob, where are we sticking the Contact Sheet/Results?

Cheers
Steve

I'll start a thread in photos from film

Thread posted and added to the opening post of this one.

My roll is getting posted off to AG tomorrow.

I rattled mine off this afternoon. Yet another mooch around the garden. Tried to be as abstract as possible. No idea whether anything will work in B & W or whether it will just be a complete mush.

Plonked in the postbox already so fingers crossed it is back before the end of next week :)

I think mine have arrived at home (according to my other half). Not a bad turnaround after posting them last Tuesday so maybe AG are improving.

I'll upload my contact sheet/edits to the Photos From Film thread once I've taken a look.

Cheers
Steve

Got home last night and checked out my negatives/contact sheet. It's the first time I've ordered a contact sheet from AG and am impressed with the quality. It's A4 sized and printed on thick gloss paper with good colours. The negatives look good as well, along with a roll of 120 Reala I sent at the same time.

I'll scan the negatives tonight and pick/edit my 3 favourites for the thread.

Cheers
Steve

I did half a roll yesterday and will finish this lunchtime if the rain stays off. Fingers crossed I can post something up over the weekend.

I look forward to seeing the results coming in. I have one roll ready to send off, but I am away on a barge this weekend, so I want to do a second roll too

I made a great start to my 36 exposure project today:

Loaded film.
Went out.
Click, click, click, etc.
Wondered why the camera stopped at 31 exposures.
Took out film and found out it was 24 exposure.

I will try again in a few days!

Steve.

balls, i think the film snapped when i tried winding it off the camera then with the fiddling round i was doing the back popped open a few mm's so god knows whats going to come out of the dev tank!

Scanning my 35mm negatives now though I remembered that I only have a 120 holder for my V500 as I don't shoot 35mm! Oh well, bit of careful placement and they seem to be scanning ok!

all dev'd up and ready to scan, i'll make a contact sheet up in lightroom. Ive only got 34 and a half though due to unwinding "issues" last night!

Dont know if its just me, but id be quite interested in seeing shots from the whole roll (not just in contact sheet size), and then have the person explain their thought processwhen it came to selecting 3 to 'print'.

A possibility at all? :)

Dont know if its just me, but id be quite interested in seeing shots from the whole roll (not just in contact sheet size), and then have the person explain their thought processwhen it came to selecting 3 to 'print'.

A possibility at all? :)

...ok...so it was obviously a bad idea :(

...ok...so it was obviously a bad idea :(

The only issue for me is that I didn't get scans of the entire roll from AG so I've just scanned the 'selected' images myself. I don't really fancy scanning a full roll of 35mm on my V500 but maybe if the challenge is run again we could add that all images could be shared?

Cheers
Steve

The only issue for me is that I didn't get scans of the entire roll from AG so I've just scanned the 'selected' images myself. I don't really fancy scanning a full roll of 35mm on my V500 but maybe if the challenge is run again we could add that all images could be shared?

Cheers
Steve

Cheers Steve. I must admit, I didnt really factor in to my thinking that some people would be scanning their own. I can appreciate how this could be a PITA :D

I've just been on the phone with AG, I was getting slightly concerned that I had no email confirming receipt of the film but luckily it made it through the Manchester postal service. Contact print is being made this afternoon so I should have it back by the end of the week. (y)

Mine hasn't been scanned as received yet either. It would have been received by Friday or Saturday.

Just realised I haven't received a web order confirmation email either but I had it appear on screen after I paid. Their system is clearly unreliable!

Last edited:
I should hopefully have something up by the weekend. Chased AG as their automated system didn't give me an email when I ordered nor any communication while they had it in the lab and processed it. Dispatched today so I should have it soon :)

Stick me down if you're still adding people. I have a few bay bargains turning up in the next few days (Ensign Ful Vue,35rc, Agfa Super Silette), so may choose a theme to use for the test roll from one of them, then there's the added uncertainty of what's going to come out being an untested camera :)

Camera unearthed, battery replaced, film found (typically only had ISO200 when 400 would have been a better choice for today's weather and the project/theme I had chosen) and loaded. Down to Boots tomorrow (had a recent change of soup) for D&P&CD... Fingers will be crossed!

I've had nothing back from AG since I called them last week, will give them another ring tomorrow.

Back