weekly aljazzera's 52 week challenge week 52 BUSY added

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Decided to have a go at this, only had the camera a couple of months so fairly new to all this. I am sure i will learn something. Having to play catch up so here goes.

WEEK 1 DIRECTION

Fence by alsjazzera, on Flickr

Not the most imaginative but was trying to avoid the obvious.

WEEK 3 SIGH

Bridge of Sighs by alsjazzera, on Flickr

Bridge of sighs Chester

WEEK 4 SWEET

sweet by allanhowe, on Flickr

WEEK 5 SECURE

Pipe by alsjazzera, on Flickr

looks secure.

WEEK 6 INDUSTRY

Pylon by alsjazzera, on Flickr

Industry needs power

WEEK 7 ROOT

Coins by alsjazzera, on Flickr

Money the root of all evil

Last edited:
Well done for catching up so quickly.

Direction – Good use of DoF

Sigh – Had to smile about this. Not quite the classic Bridge of Sighs view we see in the books

Sweet – I’d have liked to have seen this with a bit more light

Secure – Well seen and good use of the theme

Industry – Like it but I am partial to a pylon or two

Root – Nice and you could use it for week 9 as well LOL

Handmade – Good one. Some of those tiles look really interesting. Where is that in Chester?

Hi and welcome
Good series of shots
Direction - good linear shot indicating the theme
Sigh - not a bad copy!
Sweet - a little lacking in punch for me
Secure - very good take on the theme
Industry - intersting viewpoint with silhouette
Root - think that this one lacks punch too
Handmade - v good. presumably these were hand made by people/children and then laid as a mosaic. Would have liked to have seen the green tiles more vertical in the pic so that the words were easier to read and may have given more context of the mosaic project.

Thanks for the comments getting a good view of the bridge of sighs is really hard its either from underneath or from behind some railings which is pretty level with the bridge I tried both but there was no definition from underneath. The one I chose is poor really. What do you mean by not a bad copy?
I am not really happy with any of them but will keep trying and a bit miffed this week is money sort of shot myself in the foot there.

Hi Allan....welcome to the 52's madhouse....good work with your catch up (y)

Direction....really like this shot...nice angle , good use of DOF ... :clap:

Sigh....never heard of this bridge but looks interesting , maybe needs a bit of PP to really bring out the tones & textures but like the headon angle :)

Sweet....like your thinking & simple layout...on theme perfectly :)...not sure but the whites seem a bit off...maybe a bit more /different lighting ?

Industry...yup . like this a lot....simple & to the point (y)

Secure...yup ,like this a lot as well..good focus ,simple but effective (y)

Keep up the good work mister...look forward to seeing your challenge progress (y)

Interesting handmade, were the tiles on a street, footpath, or a wall?

Hi Allan - Welcome to the forum & the 52'ers (y)

Direction - I'd be tempted to crop off the RH side, but still Nice dof

Sigh - another not heard of it, but a real interesting bridge, if that's what it is... some real nice stonework

Sweet - I'd like to see a little deeper dof and more defined piles, a nice idea though

Secure - A real nice shot that... well spotted

Industry - A great silhouette, real nice angle too

Root - Yep, a nice clear image

Handmade - not so sure on the composition, but well spotted, really like the subject

A cracking start on catching up, look forward to seeing what you come up with next - Good Luck :)

Thanks for the kind comments. The bridge of Sighs was the last journey for condemned prisoners it has not been well looked after hence the tree growth on the right.
The tiles are on the floor, its a circular mosaic, all made by local schoolchildren and charity orgs, not sure of the composition myself but the pic of the whole mosaic was not so good due to the background.

Week 9 MONEY

Had a bit of a problem with this in many ways I used coins in the ROOT week so its this shot.

money by alsjazzera, on Flickr

I did a take quite a few pics with the focus on different cds but the reflections were terrible. This one was the best one to be honest. How do you minimise the glare of shiny surfaces?

Hi Allan and welcome to the 52

Direction: Good idea it works well for me, just that grey block on the right would look better cloned out
Fear: Works well too nice colours I’m thinking a better angle not showing the orange/yellow guard would have been better.
Sigh: Looks a bit over exposed on the right but love the greens.
Sweet: Nice DOF and the lighting are ok to me but think there is 1 to many whites there.
Secure: Yes like this one cracking take on the theme and lovely weathered colours.
Industry: Nice and simple and a good silhouette there.
Root: Have to say it works as I did the same take.
Handmade: Would like to have seen a bit more of this as it looks like there may be a better picture from a different angle.
Money: Will agree with the others good take on the theme but focus needs to be on the cash.

Win: Ok Allan you have now caught up so a bit surprised to see this posted so quick you have nothing to do for the rest of the week now.
Its bang on theme for this week looks well light with a good DOF and you have all the elements of the game there except the chips maybe you could have got a bigger crop to show a bit more of the game.

Overall give yourself a :clap: for getting it all done so quick and I look forward to your next 42, god is there that many still to do :bang:

good set of pics you got going on....like ya sigh!!

very quick on Win, nice idea.

i haven't a clue what to do!!!

Thanks for the nice comments. I had the idea for win about an hour after i read the thread. Didn't really think it would work but i quite like it, didn't have any chips I had to go out and buy some cards too. I was surprised myself to do it so quickly. I like having to think about the theme but with catching up have had to think a lot will be glad of the rest but really looking forward to week 11.

thanks Michael how do you subscribe would be handy to know

Above the first post on each page is a "thread tools" drop down. Subscribe is in there.

Great shots. I'll come back and comment once I've done my own shot for win.

I like your money shot - different take on it, also WIN, nice hand :clap:

Winning hand of cards ... works for me, nice clean shot (y)

the picture of the saw actually sent a shiver down my spine ... really like your interpretation of Root to :D x

Great reflections in these, I can see a monster in one on the middle right-hand side. :D

Like that a lot, like really shiny pebbles.

oohhhh love it - yep, really love it :clap: :clap:

Thank you for the comments I am not really sure about any of my pics but keep trying anyway, really enjoying it though. I look through other peoples and I am really envious there is a lot of talent on this forum.

Good shot for shiny, and as Alby has said there is a reflection of a monster in the big one on the right.
Looks like a orc from lord of the rings.

Back