All things related to Apple phones & tablets

"Heads Up"

If any one is using the "ProCamera" app for photography on their iPhone then there is a very useful update out with some very good features. I personally think this is the best iPhone picture taking app available and I use it extensively. I personally have not found anything that is as good for controlled picture taking on an iPhone and I can thoroughly recommend it.

Im puzzled which app you are referrig to. There are 2 ProCamera apps and several with Pro Camera in the name including Halide which seems titled Halide Pro Camera. Apple’s App Store is bad about this and searching terms :mad: .

Last edited:
Im puzzled which app you are referrig to. There are 2 ProCamera apps and several with Pro Camera in the name including Halide which seems titled Halide Pro Camera. Apple’s App Store is bad about his and searching terms :mad: .

I've put a link to the app below Richard.

And now 17.0.2 is available.

"This update fixes an issue that may prevent transferring data directly from another phone during setup."

I thought that was what 17.0.1 was for!

Anyway, since they're speeding up, I expect three will come along tomorrow.
I usually wait a week or so with these new OS releases, they inevitably come with 0.2 and 0.3 within a few days of launch

Last edited:
Question if anyone can help.

Before the latest update to my Series 8 Apple watch if I paid for something using a card within my Apple Pay wallet thing it used to show the list of purchases I'd made using whatever card that was used. Today for the first time since the update I made a purchase using Apple Pay via my watch and no purchases are displayed. Any idea how I get to see the list of purchases now as all I can see is the cards that have been assigned to Apple Pay.

Question if anyone can help.

Before the latest update to my Series 8 Apple watch if I paid for something using a card within my Apple Pay wallet thing it used to show the list of purchases I'd made using whatever card that was used. Today for the first time since the update I made a purchase using Apple Pay via my watch and no purchases are displayed. Any idea how I get to see the list of purchases now as all I can see is the cards that have been assigned to Apple Pay.

Do you mean you don’t see them on the watch (didn’t know you could but I only have series 6) or on the phone? Mine still show on iPhone & iPad post update.

I don't ever remember being able to see Apple Pay purchase history on my Watch.

Wonder if some privacy setting has hidden the purchase history and it has to be turned back on?

See your Apple Pay transaction history on your Apple Watch​

1. On your Apple Watch, open the Wallet app.
  2. Tap a card to see a list of your latest transactions. * you have to scroll up
  3. Tap a transaction to see more details.
Just read it and it works. (never knew that before)

Although, interestingly I only have October and May's purchases in my list

2. Tap a card to see a list of your latest transactions. * you have to scroll up

That’s what I do, on iPad usually. No idea about watch.

Do you mean you don’t see them on the watch (didn’t know you could but I only have series 6) or on the phone? Mine still show on iPhone & iPad post update.

I don't ever remember being able to see Apple Pay purchase history on my Watch.

I saw purchases on my Watch SE2 when I made a couple of them a couple of years ago, but I haven't used Apple Pay on my Watch 8. If you can no longer see them, that's a backward step. We need to be able to track them.

I used to be able to see any purchases made on my Apple watch pretty much the same as my iPhone. But now no list of purchases show on the watch but those made on my phone do show as per normal.

Tried that but it just shows two things Card Details or Remove.

Wonder if some privacy setting has hidden the purchase history and it has to be turned back on?

That's a possibility but I wouldn't know how to look for it, if someone else should find a way to show them then I sure would like to know about it.

I used to be able to see any purchases made on my Apple watch pretty much the same as my iPhone. But now no list of purchases show on the watch but those made on my phone do show as per normal.

I don’t have any purchases showing on my phone (s6) but then I haven’t made any actually on the phone so that sounds like normal. Sorry no help!

I've just had a text from Apple saying my new "iPhone 15 Pro Max" is on its way, and then a text from DHL just a few seconds later saying it will be delivered between 13.40 & 14.40.

Originally Apple said between the 9th & 16th October so being delivered on the 10th is pretty good in my book. Must admit I'm really looking forward to receiving it and getting it set up ready for a snapping outing tomorrow. :) :)

I've used my wife's 15 Pro Max on a couple of occasions and have been thoroughly impressed with the camera output, a huge jump up from my 12 Pro Max.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the third battery percentage is? First two are phone and watch, obviously, but my watch wouldn't unlock my macbook saying the connecton was weak and I was wondering if this was why.

Its always in the red btw, no matter what the charge level of the other two.

IMG_1917.jpg

Anyone know what the third battery percentage is? First two are phone and watch, obviously, but my watch wouldn't unlock my macbook saying the connecton was weak and I was wondering if this was why.

Its always in the red btw, no matter what the charge level of the other two.

View attachment 403773

Except that it’s for a Bluetooth device, no. AirPods usually have their own ‘picture” so not them. I have Beats Flex which are BT and an Apple chip but their battery state doesn’t show up. I guess it’s an Apple BT product of some sort? Headphones?

Obviously something you are not using.

Something called BoAt wireless buds shows up with a BT symbol in battery apparently.

Look in Settings/Bluetooth and see if there is something connected?

Last edited:
It has updated the software. Until you use Xcode nothing will happen. If you don't use Xcode or do any command line stuff then it's just bloatware and in fact can be uninstalled.

Early adopters of the iPhone 15Pro - opinions on the camera please?

Well I've had my new iPhone "15 Pro Max" since Wednesday last week and have done several photographic tests with it. I've tried pretty much all of the camera settings (not video yet) and I'm extremely impressed with the output.

I did some street togging with it and found the facial tracking to be very responsive at all settings. I also did a series of static pic's both in jpg & the new Pro Raw Max and although the jpgs are considerably better than my 12 Pro Max they are still not good enough for my liking whereas the Pro Raw Max files exceed all expectations. All of the lenses perform very well and I have no problem with any of them with regards to sharpness etc.

I really like being able to set any of three focal lengths 24mm, 28mm, & 35mm, and being able to switch on the camera and it firing up to the setting I have saved in the camera settings with the next focal length being 2x = 48mm, and me being old school like that focal length most as its the closest to 50mm which I've always considered to be standard. Of course all of these settings are crops of the 24mm 48mp lens but they all hold their sharpness extremely well with the macro setting being very useful but not something I would personally use very much.

All of the last tests were performed handheld, but I did do some test shots in my studio using the modelling lights from my studio flash heads and with the iPhone on a tripod firing the camera via bluetooth and the results were extremely good by any standards and sharper than my handheld tests and I do still have very steady hands.

Hope this helps you Stephen and of course anyone who's considering an iPhone 15 series unit.

Well I've had my new iPhone "15 Pro Max" since Wednesday last week and have done several photographic tests with it. I've tried pretty much all of the camera settings (not video yet) and I'm extremely impressed with the output.

I did some street togging with it and found the facial tracking to be very responsive at all settings. I also did a series of static pic's both in jpg & the new Pro Raw Max and although the jpgs are considerably better than my 12 Pro Max they are still not good enough for my liking whereas the Pro Raw Max files exceed all expectations. All of the lenses perform very well and I have no problem with any of them with regards to sharpness etc.

I really like being able to set any of three focal lengths 24mm, 28mm, & 35mm, and being able to switch on the camera and it firing up to the setting I have saved in the camera settings with the next focal length being 2x = 48mm, and me being old school like that focal length most as its the closest to 50mm which I've always considered to be standard. Of course all of these settings are crops of the 24mm 48mp lens but they all hold their sharpness extremely well with the macro setting being very useful but not something I would personally use very much.

All of the last tests were performed handheld, but I did do some test shots in my studio using the modelling lights from my studio flash heads and with the iPhone on a tripod firing the camera via bluetooth and the results were extremely good by any standards and sharper than my handheld tests and I do still have very steady hands.

Hope this helps you Stephen and of course anyone who's considering an iPhone 15 series unit.
Many thanks for that George. Not usually a user of iPhones younger than 2 generations (my current is a 12), this time I think I'll go for one, especially since Apple have offered a very generous part-ex deal.

Early adopters of the iPhone 15Pro - opinions on the camera please?
I thought the camera was basically the same as iPhone 14 pro expect apple gave more pixels with one of the lenses.
The main difference is with pro max version which has a zoom lens reaching to 120mm FoV.
that's my understanding anyway...

I thought the camera was basically the same as iPhone 14 pro expect apple gave more pixels with one of the lenses.
The main difference is with pro max version which has a zoom lens reaching to 120mm FoV.
that's my understanding anyway...
Very possibly. However, I understand that the 14 Pro has ceased production, and the 15 Pro is the same price (or less, in the deal I've been offered).

My new iPhone 15 Pro Max arrived yesterday. Transferring from my old iPhone was not quite as straightforward as it was meant to be but I got there in the end.
The iPhone 15 had to update IOS to 17.03 first before it would do anything.

Getting it to recognise my Apple watch and connect took three resets to work finally.

Anyway for general shots, the camera on the 15 is certainly better than the 14 based on the few shots I have tried.

A very obliging Red Kite even flew overhead so I had a chance to try the iPhone out on a bird-in-flight shot but the iPhone just couldn't handle the very high dynamic range of the image as it was struggling to cope with the very bright clouds. I couldn't figure out quickly enough how to get the spot metering to work.

Iphone-test.jpg

Back