Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

Hi Allan,

Nice catch up there!

Camo - He's definitely hard to spot, especially in B&W. Looks like he enjoys being in the undergrowth.
Tiny - hmmm ;)
Snappers Choice - I'm not a birder, but I like that. Those colours are exquisite :clap: What more can I say...
Texture - High(ish) iso to bring out the grain of the stone? Happily that angel has it's eyes closed, so isn't going to blink at me ;)
Activity - Works for the theme. A shame you couldn't get them walking towards you. I do like how the orange contrasts with the green though, so I guess no opportunity to get her face on.
Artificial - Well that's an odd thing. Works well in B&W and well spotted.
Autumn - Lovely. You've really caught the autumnal colours and it's very nicely laid aout and composed. I think it would work for a Christmas card too.
Wet - Is that a car bonnet/roof? The metalic blue makes it look like that's what has been used for the background.
(ETA - just read the comments - it is a bonnet then :) )
Topical - Love it. But to be honest, that's harsh on C**ts.

Thanks for the big catch up, the high iso was just the grave yard was dark in various places so it was just left on iso 800 by mistake I tend to forget settings sometimes :oops: :$

WEEK 42 FOOD

Medlars by Allan Howe, on Flickr

After last week I might as well stay in the gutter..........

Medlar fruit, an acquired taste I believe you eat them when the flesh is rotten, I have never tried one but apparently they taste a little of custard.
The French commonly call them "Cul de Chien" implying they look like a dogs bum

Nicely lit and composed still life Allan.

I've had Medlar jelly and it was rather tasty.

Funnily enough I was sat in the pub last night talking about medlar jelly recipes. Nicely shot - you've made them look more attractive than they normally do!

Food
I can see why they get that name.
A good foody still life, a nice even light, no blown out bits.

Nice still life image, the white background is perfect to push the other colours out. Nicely lit and well composed.

Funnily enough I was sat in the pub last night talking about medlar jelly recipes. Nicely shot - you've made them look more attractive than they normally do!
Cul de Chien. lol, I guess i can see that!
Well shot, the lighting is bang on, and the placement / composition works well.
Thanks

Well I expected someone to make a pigs ear of it but not a dogs ass! :coat:

Nicely composed and exposed, interesting and different take on the theme.

A nicely composed still life. Sounds interesting to sample.
Thanks Phil, I think I would try the finished product it’s just the thought of having to let them go off before you use them puts me off a little

Nice sharp sharp!

Great use of DoF and really nicely composed to get the point sharp (in photography terms!) and fall off toward the back of the handle. Another nicely thought out, and lit image.

Nice and sharp at the point with a gentle fall out of focus, just the job!

Straight to the point, good use of DOF .

Back