Allan.H 52 2023

Framing and angle are just right.
That subtle blue rim works well with the white subject and background.

Technically very good as usual. Focus on the cracked rim nicely, but shallow enough DOF to have the secondary cracks falling out of focus.

Very nice high key shot Allan, It's difficult to get a white on white (off-white) shot to turn out but your use of the blue rim really make this stand out.

Technically very good as usual. Focus on the cracked rim nicely, but shallow enough DOF to have the secondary cracks falling out of focus.
Thanks

Another cracker of a shot, Allan. Quote from Bruce Lee "Simplicity is the key to brilliance". :clap:
I do own a copy of "Bruce Lee's Take better photo's" its exhausting to be honest :exit:

Very nice high key shot Allan, It's difficult to get a white on white (off-white) shot to turn out but your use of the blue rim really make this stand out.
The problem with the white on white looking back on it now is the surface of the bowl is shiny and the background is white card so very matt.
I could get the card white but it blew out the bowl, you live and learn :facepalm:

I really like the composition of that Allan. The broken area is highlighted nicely.

Very well exposed and nice off-centre compostion. Simple and effective.

Beautiful shot Allan. Looks like a very detailed oil painting. Your cherry tree seems to be a couple of weeks ahead of the one in my back garden.
Thanks, It started about two weeks ago but I think it's gone to early with the recent weather.

The dark background against the very light pink flowers has good impact. Quite subtle too.
Also you've got sharp anthers highlighting the pollen.
I really like this shot.

Well done Allan, has a soft, subdued feel to it, but the flower is super sharp and a close look at the hi-res version is very rewarding.

Great shot Allan, I like how the triangular lines of the bridge mirror the lines on the back of the van.

That's a spectacular shot Allan.
Was it taken through your windscreen?

Great shot Allan, I like how the triangular lines of the bridge mirror the lines on the back of the van.

... and the pylons :)

Nice one Allan :)

Yes taken through windscreen I wasn’t driving though

Glad to hear that you weren't stood on the road in the middle of the day!!

As Bill said, the van is a pleasant touch. Taken from a moving vehicle makes it more impressive.

Were you not tempted to clone the cone? :D

Glad to hear that you weren't stood on the road in the middle of the day!!

As Bill said, the van is a pleasant touch. Taken from a moving vehicle makes it more impressive.

Were you not tempted to clone the cone? :D
I have just noticed the cone :ROFLMAO:

Patterns: Severn Bridge? Nicely caught with the pattern on the van in front.

Tunnel: Would have liked a little more brightness on the people but since the theme is Tunnel it certainly fits the bill.

Back