Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

I think it works on both levels, plus the Christmas decorations in the olde worlde street behind add further reinforcement.

I love the simplicity of this and the literal theme interpretation. The colours are lovely and striking and this could easily be under 200ft of water as on a tree in a local woodland. Composition is very neat as always.

I love the simplicity of this and the literal theme interpretation. The colours are lovely and striking and this could easily be under 200ft of water as on a tree in a local woodland. Composition is very neat as always.
Thanks Ian

Nice macro shot, I like the colours. I shall have to look at lichen more carefully in future.

Lovely shot - it's amazing the details when you look at a shot like this that people would normally never see/notice.

Really nice colours and detail and a very interesting image. Also fits the theme very well indeed. Nicely done.

Nicely done Allan :)

Really like this Allan. I'm struggling with composing mine, thinking about the angle that I shoot it at. It seems to me that the best still lifes that I've seen are either at an exaggerated angle above or are shot almost straight on. Looking at yours, in my mind, I'm wondering what it would look like if the camera was lower? Not a criticism, more of a thought on how different ways of composing an image affect our perception of it. Or, maybe, I'm just rambling... :D

Really like this Allan. I'm struggling with composing mine, thinking about the angle that I shoot it at. It seems to me that the best still lifes that I've seen are either at an exaggerated angle above or are shot almost straight on. Looking at yours, in my mind, I'm wondering what it would look like if the camera was lower? Not a criticism, more of a thought on how different ways of composing an image affect our perception of it. Or, maybe, I'm just rambling... :D
It wasn't in any way an artistic decision I shot it at this angle because I was restricted in background size, I used two pieces of A2 card in portrait orientation because of the size of the twisted hazel.
You mention getting the camera lower and I would usually try to get some shots level with the subject but in this instance when I lowered the camera the twigs would show above the card :bat:
so basically it was a forced composition slightly looking down on the scene
I didn't take your remark as criticism, feel free to ramble anytime :)

I would have been just as happy with the shot without the twigs as the 'vase' and table are lovely!

Tis a cracker that is!

Lovely image, really nice composition and the lighting is spot on. I like the simplicity of the vase, alongside the complex shapes the twigs make.

I love how sparse the composition is, while still filling the frame. The lighting is really nice.

Living... I thought seaweed when I first glanced at it. Lovely colour you've captured in a very simple but effective shot.
Still life... I like the low light on this as it makes a very moody image.

Living... I thought seaweed when I first glanced at it. Lovely colour you've captured in a very simple but effective shot.
Still life... I like the low light on this as it makes a very moody image.
Thanks for looking in

Back