Any fungi fans

Nice shots Andrew :clap:

any news on dates for the Sth West Fungi meet??

Les (y)

Keep me posted fella- be nice to catch up again

Les (y)

I had a lucky find this morning. I nipped out with the dogs early and came across these two parasols. I needed to photograph them in their natural environment so here they are, on the kitchen worktop, awaiting preparation.

Breakfast by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Hi, hope you all don't mind me asking here but as your Fungi fans I thought it would be a good place to ask.

The lawns at my work place are covered in hundreds of mushrooms and other fungi, from big ones/smalls ones fat ones and skinny ones! and I think it looks great, although the gardener disagrees and mows them all down when cutting the grass. My Question, is there anyway that I could take a cutting/pick some of the specimens before they get destroyed and transplant them into a tub or something else within my garden. I am always surprised at just how quickly they grow from nothing once the gardener has been in. Bit different from a pot of flowers but I think just as nice to look at, plus I get to photograph them!

Hi Alan looks like a Fly Agaric - Amanita muscaria

rocafreestyler if you post an image maybe able to tell what they are, I would think you could transplant some if you dont damage the roots, whether they will carry on growing depends if they spore were you transplant them to, if you get the younger ones they may well do (y)

Hi Alan looks like a Fly Agaric - Amanita muscaria

Thanks Dave. I had discounted that because of a lack of white markings. However having just googled it, I can see the odd image without those markings (y)

the white markings that are on fly agarics are really the cracked sheath they emerge from a lot of people think they are spots but their not

rocafreestyler if you post an image maybe able to tell what they are, I would think you could transplant some if you dont damage the roots, whether they will carry on growing depends if they spore were you transplant them to, if you get the younger ones they may well do (y)

Thanks Dave, firstly I will apologise for the photos as I only have my phone camera with me today so the quality isn't great. I tried to get at least one of each different type I could spot.

I am thinking of coming to work tomorrow with my proper camera and trying to get some decent shots.

If people want me to remove these photos from this thread I will not be offend as they are pretty **** poor :LOL:

IMG_0162 by rocafreestyler, on Flickr

IMG_0168 by rocafreestyler, on Flickr

IMG_0166 by rocafreestyler, on Flickr

IMG_0165 by rocafreestyler, on Flickr

IMG_0164 by rocafreestyler, on Flickr

IMG_0161 by rocafreestyler, on Flickr

Last edited:
My attempt from this morning

ts1.jpg

since getting more into photography, ive found fungi very interesting for some reason, im not very good with i.d for them mind. but heres a few from my recent outings :) nothing special..x

1]fly agaric i believe..
2-5.jpg

2]
13-4.jpg

3]
7-4.jpg

4]
6-3.jpg

5]
8-3.jpg

6]
1-4.jpg

I think it's still a little too dry in my local woods, if we had a couple of days rain before the forecast warm spell it could get better quickly.. nothing much about, except for a few fly agarics.

(triggers were playing up, so one flash and my notepad to bounce)

Yeah i love fungi have a look here GoogleSpamming link removed would love to hear what you think of my work and if you have any questions please ask

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i love fungi have a look here GoogleSpamming link removed would love to hear what you think of my work and if you have any questions please ask

hi welcome to the forum please dont use the forum to drive traffic to your website instead why dont you share selected images with us so we can admire and then if they want to people can have a look at your site

Back