Bargains Thread

Boots buy one get one half price is back on. Just bought lomography 400 120 3 rolls dated 12/2017 reduced to 4.99 a box, still going through with the offer :)
I saw these in a local Boots yesterday, at £9.99, with one day left of 12/2017. The buy one get one half price offer was finished.

I saw these in a local Boots yesterday, at £9.99, with one day left of 12/2017. The buy one get one half price offer was finished.

I've seen several stores where they didn't advertise it, and staff thought it was finished, but taking it through the tills still worked. So if it really was finished, that's sad, and will make Boots film stupidly expensive!

You can only add one to the basket as stock is limited. The 35mm is £13.99 and you can add two of those, same with the 35mm lady grey at £17.99.

Maybe if I go back into the store and point out it's expired now they'll do me a deal.

Definitely worth a try!

I managed to buy in date 2019 Ektar 135/36 three rolls for £15.00 on flea bay very happy.

Amazon are offering £10 off using code BIGTHANKS for "qualifying purchases of combined values over £50". Items must be sold by Amazon and not one of the third party sellers. Discount only applies today.

I just managed to pick up a box of Portra 800 in 120 format for £43, which is pretty good, as it was £58 just last week when I looked.

Amazon are offering £10 off using code BIGTHANKS for "qualifying purchases of combined values over £50". Items must be sold by Amazon and not one of the third party sellers. Discount only applies today.

I just managed to pick up a box of Portra 800 in 120 format for £43, which is pretty good, as it was £58 just last week when I looked.
Some accounts have a top up £50 get £5 credit offer too.

I've been very naughty recently and bought something that I perhaps should have saved a little toward before hand. But as such, I've bought box of 10 rolls as well :D

I'm tempted to get some too, but I still have a few rolls of Vista 200, a roll of Colorplus, and 18 rolls of Superia 100 in the freezer, Given that I shoot far more black and white than colour, and am also a bit skint at present, I really should pass despite the good price.

I thought exactly the same thing. But considering the recent price increases, the fact I now have a dedicated darkroom fridge, plus how well the Pakon handles Colorplus, it was too good to pass up.

I've been very naughty recently and bought something that I perhaps should have saved a little toward before hand. But as such, I've bought box of 10 rolls as well :D
And that was.......?

Thanks for the heads up on that one Nige; temptation won and I've bitten the bullet at that price. :rolleyes: I bet Allcam will wonder what's made sales go through the roof today! Had a quick look at Colour Plus 200 on Flickr and it doesn't look a bad film for everyday use and I think I'll probably prefer it to the late lamented Poundland Agfa, cheap as it was.

Thanks for the heads up on that one Nige; temptation won and I've bitten the bullet at that price. :rolleyes: I bet Allcam will wonder what's made sales go through the roof today! Had a quick look at Colour Plus 200 on Flickr and it doesn't look a bad film for everyday use and I think I'll probably prefer it to the late lamented Poundland Agfa, cheap as it was.

Depends on the subject using color plus and Vista 200 (C200)....you can get some excellent coloured shots, I don't think many pros would use either film esp for head and shoulders portraiture......but you never know some gifted photographer could produce a lovely pretty girl's face shot with these films and surprise us all o_O

Here's a comparison of Vista 400, Superia 400 and Colorplus. The Kodak film was chosen as 'best', whatever that means. Personally, I think they all look the same!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6J-kVYsfuo

would be more interesting if comparing with the films the pros use e.g. Portra..but some sensible remarks in the comments to what each cheaper film is good at, as if you didn't agree then you might as well say:- the three films are identical no matter where you use them so get the cheapest buy.

Bnugga

Could not resist even though I still have 14 rolls of Poundland stock left.

To the fridge it will go!

Shooting 36 frames takes me months.

I've had one frame to shoot in my mju for a couple of months, its probably only half a flippin frame the counter says 38 but I still haven't had occasion to shoot it.
Its not that I'm tight, heck I chuck money down the drain all the time and for one or half a frame, who really cares.
Its a completely different approach, you just don't shoot things for the hell of it, and that carries itself over to rolls that really can be shot for the hell of it....its a habit
I swear if I went out with a digital camera tomorrow and shot 4 frames, that would be a busy morning...:ROFLMAO:

My Colorplus arrived from Allcam 48 hours after placing the order. Really good service.

Back