weekly .

Don't you have a fridge to cool your beer. I know it's not larger.

Well done for a different Image, I guess you live near a beach.

Pete

Makes me want to pop off to the shed and grab a few beers - nicely on theme.

Don't think i've ever seen that one, and certainly not on tap

welcome back to the nutty corner, and your of to a flying start with all them images, just a few to many for me to comment on but I will start with one.

Guard(ed) - I love it a great capture and good motion blur coming from the helicopters blades, well spotted.

That's a great shot of the helicopter. Love the rotor blur
Tat's one cheeky starling, especially if he beat the gulls to it. bang on for the theme.:)

Starling for me Roger. Nice separation from the background and you just know it's in the middle of nicking that food.
The whirlybird loses out because of the sky, it's a bit dull/flat. Was it you asking about faking the rotor blur? (because that looks wrong for 1/1600th). If so, you've done a convincing job, it's only that I remember someone asking about radial blur that made me go look at the exif to see.

Sharp is maybe a shoehorn, but it's also a clever way to keep your beer cool!

Great sharp photo of the starling guarding its food! Beats the coastguard helicopter for sure :)

Nice shot of the Starling, well caught, they are much braver when food is involved. Background out of Focus hides most of the mess.

Helicopter, like the blur on the blade, why are two of them shorter than the other two. Bice colour and well exposed against that sky.

Better nick than mine, and perfect for the theme.
The only comment here (and I'm guilty of doing this too) is that on the strong black background the subject 'floats' rather than being grounded.
Mind you, I don't think that matters here.

At first I thought it seemed a little weak lighting-wise but go to the Flickr site and see it full size and it'a bloody lovely. So sharp and well-defined. Nice shot.

Excellent idea for the theme, well composed and captured, as Martin says, much better viewed large on flickr

I like the very thin Thickness of your image. As said much better on Flickr.

Pete

Thick is a cool shot. Excuse my ignorance, but what is it?

My only gripe would be the slight unevenness of the spacings. The bit between 0.007 and 0.006 leaves a gap at the end, an extra character showing, and between 0.004 and 0.003 is much tighter than all the others, cutting off some of the lettering.

Thanks I find a big difference between, LR, Flickr and on here. Must get to grips with it.

Thanks, I must crack why the image looks better on flickr.

I think it must be to do with the way FLICKR downsamples the Image to display it on here.
Pete

Is there anything that we can do to stop it please?

It seems to be a bit better if you upload your image at the same resolution as the bb code you use, so I use 1024 x whatever, but I have not really tried any other resolutions to be honest.

Pete

It seems to be a bit better if you upload your image at the same resolution as the bb code you use, so I use 1024 x whatever, but I have not really tried any other resolutions to be honest.

Pete
Ok, will try that, thanks for your help.

Thick

That's really well thought out. You've managed to handle the highlights well. I avoid if I can shiny objects.

Great photo, good light, and I don't mind that it seems to be floating!

Sharp - I like what you've done there works for me.
Guard.- great capture or that naughty starling you have love sharp detail on him. the helicopter works well too but I like the bird better.
Thick - nicely captured and and interesting subject.

Hi Roger, catching up with comments and then hope to stay a little more up to date!

Gate - Not sure I like the angle of that train, looks like its about to fall over :eek: Maybe could have done with a bit longer exposure to blur the train more
People - Really like the processing on this one but what is going on between the guy in the white shirt and the one sat at the bar! I guess its movement but it looks like he's thrown a drink at him :LOL:
Stark - Nice simple shot and good silhouette
Over - Lovely colours and nice splashes from the sea. Assume you are on land but it does look like you are standing it the middle of the water, hope you didn't get wet!
Age - Very good idea. The red poppies stand out well against the cream stone
Sharp - I like this one too, the red label stands out well in the nice foamy sea

:D

Welcome back, Roger, and well done on your catch up! I fell behind for a couple of weeks so this is my first visit to your thread and I have enjoyed viewing your images and ideas.

My favourites so far are Over, for the low viewpoint and especially the drama of the colours and movement in the sea, the effective simplicity of Age with the red of the poppies contrasting against the warm colour of the stone, and the Coastguard helicopter with the dramatic angle and just the right amount of motion in the rotor blades.

I will look forward to following your thread from now on (y)

Like this one Roger. As Dave said, lots of different colours and textures. Bang on theme

Nice interesting collection of pebbles on the beach there Roger. Nice colours and point of focus is good for the whole image.

Better match between here and flickr too, what size image did you upload to flickr?

Pete

beautiful !! but the OOF FG is a little distracting. o_O

Abundance

A nice collection of Pebbles, some good textures. For me it's a little on the blue side, maybe a small WB adjustment.

Filling the frame emphasises the abundance, some great colours in there

Lots of interesting colours and shapes and sizes of pebbles, just clipped the top of the two bigger stones at the top but you could probably go on all day making it a bit bigger and cutting off something different :D

Good shot for abundance Roger, really nice and different colours and good texture plus very good pov, like the rusty looking pebble too.

Same here, I love looking at the rocks and pebbles on the beach for that reason.....

One presumes you live in Cornwall, as do I. Good, solid picture for the theme there.

A bit tight in the frame maybe would like to see more of the surroundings

Nice shot for heavy Roger, love the chunkyness of the lorries and the bold red makes the Image.

Pete

Back