weekly .

I like your thinking there although, course it should more correctly be pie are squared ;)

Edit- Just seen the square plate :oops: :$ :eggface: :facepalm:

Last edited:
Pi R squared. Ah, I get it now. Clever. Until Hadron explained it and showed it was so obvious, I was trying OR, pastryer (as in more pastry) plus others and wondering how that was area. Doh!

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Really like the processing for people and stark certainly does the job for the theme.

Last edited:
It took me a while to get the pie image... Nice thinking.

Gate is another good image for the theme.

I really like the people shot.

Over is a great image, love the colours

Pi R squared .... groan.

welcome back Roger. (y)

Gate ... wonky train but the barrier stands out well.

People .... excellent. You seem to have captured the atmosphere. (y)

Stark ... sure is.

Over .... wow, nice find. But could it do with rotating a smidge CCW?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Really appreciate the advice but what does CCW please, what do you mean by rotate, I am very keen to learn.
ccw? an acronym for counterclockwise, something I picked up on the TP52s a couple of years ago but have since been advised it's an Americanism!

However, looking at your shot again, the right side of the bridge is lower than the left, but this is clearly either an illusion or faulty bridge design. Having said that, the BG sea-level is not entirely, erm, level. :D

Last edited:
Good age image Roger - like your thinking

Great catch up! Standing out for me is people, well captured and very atmospheric! And over is a great photo of a great find!

It works well for the theme. I think you could maybe crop the left and right hand sides in a little.

It’s You! You got picked on my comment rota.
Week 5 - Age - Very suitable. Muted colours apart from the wreaths gives the right feel.

nice catch up there all good for their themes I really like the over shot I think it is straight just the foliage is just obscuring one side I love the crashing water below

Last edited:
Just come back from the pub after drinking that very beer on tap.

Pi R squared .... groan.

welcome back Roger. (y)

Gate ... wonky train but the barrier stands out well.

People .... excellent. You seem to have captured the atmosphere. (y)

Stark ... sure is.

Over .... wow, nice find. But could it do with rotating a smidge CCW?

Agree almost entirely....
I knew there had to be a pi quip in the shot and it wasnt until it was spelt out above I got it, so I like that for making me think.

Over is fabulous, but I dont agree with Dood about the rotation, I think its fine as is

Welcome back Roger.

Area - Made me chuckle :) Nicely executed too. (y)
Gate - Not the best of light, and the shutter speed didn't give much motion blur. I think I would have tried with a longer shutter, to really blur out the GWR Class 153 a bit more.
People - I like that. The grainy mono works for me, give it a street vibe.
I wanted to click through to view a larger version, but you have your flickr set to private.
Stark - Sorry, not for this one (but it was a nasty theme, so well done getting anything, especially as it was a catch up).
Over - Now that really is something special. The tones, the view, the light, the movement in the waves...
I bet you could sell prints of that! (@d00d is right that it needs a degree or 2 of ccw adjustment though).
Age - It certainly needed the poppies. Without them it would have been a bit flat perhaps, but with them it works nicely.
Sharp - That's a clever shot and well taken.

Ageing is a very nice shot, the poppies make it very poignant too.

Sharp - very cleverly concieved and excuted.

Mmmmm BEER!

Oh wait - photography! Yeah - that's a very well thought out and shot erm... shot!

Mmmmmm BEEEER!

Love the idea for sharp, a very interesting shot. Nice work

Some nice images great silhouette for stark and your sharp image is well composed love the water coming round the bottle

Looks like a risky thin to do with a perfectly good bottle of beer :eek:, good take on the theme though

what a fab way to capture a bottle of Sea Fury. :clap:

Back