weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

Beautiful golden light! I rather like the way this is presented - very nicely shot.
Thank you!
Aww.. lovely bunnies. A very serene shot which has lovely light.
Thanks Helen
Lovely light! And you captured a pair of bunnies!
I crept up this time hoping to get some :)
Nice shot, great atmosphere from the colours and light..
Thank you
Nicely frames image I lover the golden glow.
Thanks Mark. It's a lovely spot with the trees arching over the path.

Week 16. Letter B is for Bloom

I'd planned on getting a bird or a butterfly photo this week and then my lovely sister sent me a bouquet for my birthday.

This is playing with the lens baby sweet 80 with an extension tube attached.

20200422-BCR_7243.jpg

The sqaure format works well and plenty of Bs with your blooming birthday bourquet

I love this one. The green tonal range in the centre is lovely and fab detail.

Lovely detail Bee and happy ( belated? ) Birthday

Just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment, and I LOVE the daffs in your Flora image - the shallow DOF and composition are so effective to isolate that one bloom. The golden light in your Snapper's Choice image is lovely and the composition leads you through the image, while the close up details in 'B is for Bloom' are fascinating and the lighter areas around the edges bring the eye straight to the centre. The square crop is really effective for that one, too (y)

You have captured loads of nice details in the petals, the lensbaby works well to highlight the centre.

Pete

Initial
Nice and sharp in the centre, gradually going oof around the edges. I like the look of it all.

I love this one. The green tonal range in the centre is lovely and fab detail.
Thanks Helen.

Happy Birthday, the Lensbaby strikes again, lovely.
I'm afraid so :ROFLMAO: and thank you!

Lovely detail Bee and happy ( belated? ) Birthday
Thank you!

Lovely flower head - the lensbaby/extension tube combo work nicely - the dreamy look really suits this, almost like a digital Holga.
Ooh I'll have to look up Holga though I have heard of them.

Just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment, and I LOVE the daffs in your Flora image - the shallow DOF and composition are so effective to isolate that one bloom. The golden light in your Snapper's Choice image is lovely and the composition leads you through the image, while the close up details in 'B is for Bloom' are fascinating and the lighter areas around the edges bring the eye straight to the centre. The square crop is really effective for that one, too (y)
I'm so impressed with how you've been catching up on images and comments. Thank you for your kind comments. I didn't really have a good background for the flower so I had to crop in - hence the square. I put it on a white background, but it was too bluey white and didn't look right.

You have captured loads of nice details in the petals, the lensbaby works well to highlight the centre.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I do love this lens for flowers.

Initial
Nice and sharp in the centre, gradually going oof around the edges. I like the look of it all.
Thanks Dominic.

Last edited:
Week 17: More than one of something

It's all about the light they say... so I've taken all week to come up with something and then discover the sun coming through the window is not playing nicely. Lots of horrible reflections, but here are my bass guitars, or perhaps it could be more than one pickup? I now see they are in need of some TLC :eek: Something else to do during this lockdown.

Ignore the CDs in the bottom corner, but feel free to admire the lovely wood... wish I could remember what it is.

20200429-BCR_7255.jpg

The light looks pretty good to me.
I like the wood grain and the pov. Good processing too.

Lovely composition and DoF. The grain really shows well in your processing.

Ah now I see what you mean Bee :D

Lots of lovely detail in there

Not sure why you feel you should have removed the CDs, the background gives context and CDs make sense in a music context.
I love the warm light you've caught and also how the grain leads your eye through the shot.

Really nice image and the warm tones enhance the vibe...
You could re-post this image for this week;s challenge!

I look forward to seeing your shots... will you develop the film yourself? A whole other world....
Developing the film's the easy bit! Getting it on to the reel on the other hand can be challenging...

I really like your bass shot - the light is beautiful and had your not pointed out the CDsi wouldn't have noticed them. The grain is also stunningly beautiful!

I like that - nice light and nice bass :)

Beautiful image for your Initial shot. I love the way the focus falls off away from the centre - it beautifully frames it. :clap:

More than one... Wow! Lovely light and subject. I am a sucker for a beautiful bass guitar. I really should start playing (practising) again!

Beautiful image for your Initial shot. I love the way the focus falls off away from the centre - it beautifully frames it. :clap:

More than one... Wow! Lovely light and subject. I am a sucker for a beautiful bass guitar. I really should start playing (practising) again!
Thanks Lee - you need a backup :sneaky: I don't think I've played since I last gigged, last June :eek: but I have gone back to playing my acoustic in lockdown.
I like that - nice light and nice bass :)
Thanks Dave
Lovely lighting, processing and composition. I like it a lot.
Thanks Pete
Developing the film's the easy bit! Getting it on to the reel on the other hand can be challenging...

I really like your bass shot - the light is beautiful and had your not pointed out the CDsi wouldn't have noticed them. The grain is also stunningly beautiful!
Thanks. I am a fan of the natural finish. I've never developed my own film, other than in a science lab, but I do remember losing whole reels of film when not getting them loaded properly :(
Really nice image and the warm tones enhance the vibe...
You could re-post this image for this week;s challenge!
Well it will be sort of more of the same... and thanks
Not sure why you feel you should have removed the CDs, the background gives context and CDs make sense in a music context.
I love the warm light you've caught and also how the grain leads your eye through the shot.
Thanks Tim. It is a bit of a messy room... as you will see for my music shot..
Ah now I see what you mean Bee :D

Lots of lovely detail in there
Yes, I'm lucky to have more than one :)
Lovely composition and DoF. The grain really shows well in your processing.
Thanks Helen

Week 18 - Music

My plan had been to get the shot of the cymbal and then I had this idea.... my husband reckons it's too abstruse ... I've learnt a new word today. Actually he said no-one would get it. I can post another that explains it, if you think I should. It's almost straight out of camera.

20200504-BCO30944.jpg
20200504-BCO30911-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
I love it - no explanation needed - keep the mystery - very abtruse for sure :D

Both excellent shots for Music. The first one looks like the reflection of a mirror / crystal lampshade of some sort. It shows off the record / CD collection, guitars, amp, keyboard and maybe some sheet music nicely.
The second image has great timing and the perfect shutter speed to capture the drumstick in mid flight

I'm not sure what they're called, but it's this one of the percussion instruments which are strings of "beads" around a textured cylinder?

I love your cymbal shot - incredible energy and perfect timing on the drumstick strike.

Back